[Answered]  Why do my launchers keep breaking

Maybe its because I put the winder all the way in, or takara tomys product quality is horrendous.
(Jan. 12, 2018  6:05 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: What launchers?
B-88 L and R stiring, original light launcher, and my l and r winder for legend sprigan is fractured a little for the right spin part.
(Jan. 12, 2018  6:13 AM)GreatgodzeusHD Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2018  6:05 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: What launchers?
B-88 L and R stiring, original light launcher, and my l and r winder for legend sprigan is fractured a little for the right spin part.

Did the gears break on the LR Launcher?

Light Launchers tend to wear out with heavy use, that's what happened to mine

Breaking of the winder is uncommon but not unheard of so it's probably just bad luck on that part

Good news about LR Beyblaumchers though, Hasbro Dual Threat Launcher is literally exactly the same with the same string length and number of rotations for a much cheaper cost so replenishments will become easy to get in the near future
(Jan. 12, 2018  6:18 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2018  6:13 AM)GreatgodzeusHD Wrote: B-88 L and R stiring, original light launcher, and my l and r winder for legend sprigan is fractured a little for the right spin part.

Did the gears break on the LR Launcher?

Breaking of the winder is uncommon but not unheard of so it's probably just bad luck on that part

Good news about LR Beyblaumchers though, Hasbro Dual Threat Launcher is literally exactly the same with the same string length and number of rotations for a much cheaper cost so replenishments will become easy to get in the near future
On ebay and amazon the dual threat launcher is more expensive that takaras l and r string.
(Jan. 12, 2018  6:20 AM)GreatgodzeusHD Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2018  6:18 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Did the gears break on the LR Launcher?

On ebay and amazon the dual threat launcher is more expensive that takaras l and r string.

For now since not many stores are stocking it. But in the coming months it will be available in local toy stores for about 12 dollars
(Jan. 12, 2018  6:23 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2018  6:20 AM)GreatgodzeusHD Wrote: On ebay and amazon the dual threat launcher is more expensive that takaras l and r string.

For now since not many stores are stocking it. But in the coming months it will be available in local toy stores for about 12 dollars
Well if you go to the chinese sellers that sell things for their actual price. The L and R string is 8 dollars sometimes. But the shipping probably takes a long time. It's my way to have the same value as these hasbro nerds.
(Jan. 12, 2018  6:28 AM)GreatgodzeusHD Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2018  6:23 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: For now since not many stores are stocking it. But in the coming months it will be available in local toy stores for about 12 dollars
Well if you go to the chinese sellers that sell things for their actual price. The L and R string is 8 dollars sometimes. But the shipping probably takes a long time. It's my way to have the same value as these hasbro nerds.

Oh you are lucky to have such cheap and easy replacements
(Jan. 12, 2018  6:32 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2018  6:28 AM)GreatgodzeusHD Wrote: Well if you go to the chinese sellers that sell things for their actual price. The L and R string is 8 dollars sometimes. But the shipping probably takes a long time. It's my way to have the same value as these hasbro nerds.

Oh you are lucky to have such cheap and easy replacements
Yes but my only concern is that their reviews are about clothing and are made by bots LOL. They are not a scam though because 200 people have bought them and i dont see any complaint threads on this website. Pretty edgy.
(Jan. 12, 2018  6:34 AM)GreatgodzeusHD Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2018  6:32 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Oh you are lucky to have such cheap and easy replacements
Yes but my only concern is that their reviews are about clothing and are made by bots LOL. They are not a scam though because 200 people have bought them and i dont see any complaint threads on this website. Pretty edgy.

Well I still want to ask, how exactly did the LR Beylauncher break? Gears broke?
(Jan. 12, 2018  6:36 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2018  6:34 AM)GreatgodzeusHD Wrote: Yes but my only concern is that their reviews are about clothing and are made by bots LOL. They are not a scam though because 200 people have bought them and i dont see any complaint threads on this website. Pretty edgy.

Well I still want to ask, how exactly did the LR Beylauncher break? Gears broke?
The gears were stuck and the string was frozen in place. Tried taking it apart and fixing things, and then it made it worse for some reason after all i did was blow out dust. Decided to throw it away.
(Jan. 12, 2018  6:38 AM)GreatgodzeusHD Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2018  6:36 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Well I still want to ask, how exactly did the LR Beylauncher break? Gears broke?
The gears were stuck and the string was frozen in place. Tried taking it apart and fixing things, and then it made it worse for some reason after all i did was blow out dust. Decided to throw it away.

That's odd, normally when the string is stuck it's just slipped off it's track.
Is it possible it is a Rapitity String launcher?
(Jan. 12, 2018  6:40 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2018  6:38 AM)GreatgodzeusHD Wrote: The gears were stuck and the string was frozen in place. Tried taking it apart and fixing things, and then it made it worse for some reason after all i did was blow out dust. Decided to throw it away.

That's odd, normally when the string is stuck it's just slipped off it's track.
It fixed after 30 minutes of doing random carp with the string and switching spin directions. But I couldn't handle it. Also i lost the golden circular part that holds the string, when i took it apart, and the plastic started tearing? I don't know i have really bad luck with breakage. My guardian kerbeus and victory valkyrie broke too. HOW THE carp DOES GUARDIAN KERBEUS BREAK ITS CIRCULAR.

(Jan. 12, 2018  6:41 AM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: Is it possible it is a Rapitity String launcher?
No, i just checked and it was takara tomy. I only bought rapidity once, and that was when i first got into the wbo and beyblade and i bought a meteo l drago with no rubber for 2 dollars, lol.
(Jan. 12, 2018  6:04 AM)GreatgodzeusHD Wrote: Maybe its because I put the winder all the way in, or takara tomys product quality is horrendous.

How old are you? If you are a male going through puberty, it's quite possible that the higher amounts of testosterone flowing through your body are causing a quicker growth in your muscle fibers, and you may not realize that you are ripping with much more power. For most people, the more strength you have, the more important your ripping form is to ensure that the strength is properly utilized. If your body hasn't adjusted to the new levels of strength, your ripping form may not have caught up with you, and instead of the extra force transitioning into rotational inertia of the bey, it is being absorbed by the launcher, hence your breaks.
Big tip don’t pull on the cord like you’re Joel from the last of us starting a generator I had a friend who would constantly break his my ripcords from launching so hard
(Jan. 20, 2018  3:00 AM)DarkBlader420 Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2018  6:04 AM)GreatgodzeusHD Wrote: Maybe its because I put the winder all the way in, or takara tomys product quality is horrendous.

How old are you? If you are a male going through puberty, it's quite possible that the higher amounts of testosterone flowing through your body are causing a quicker growth in your muscle fibers, and you may not realize that you are ripping with much more power. For most people, the more strength you have, the more important your ripping form is to ensure that the strength is properly utilized. If your body hasn't adjusted to the new levels of strength, your ripping form may not have caught up with you, and instead of the extra force transitioning into rotational inertia of the bey, it is being absorbed by the launcher, hence your breaks.
How the carp did you know, im 13.
(Jan. 20, 2018  9:13 AM)GreatgodzeusHD Wrote: How the carp did you know, im 13.

It's a mildly uncommon but not rare occurrence in the blading world, and probably the leading cause of launcher breaks. I would say definitely take advantage of this growth though, if you're already breaking multiple launchers then you probably have above average strength. If you're not already exercising your upper body, core, and legs regularly then I would recommend adding some basic workouts to your weekly routine to capitalize on your body's natural changes, but more importantly I would look into Tai Chi, Wushu, or some meditation program so that you can better focus your muscles' energy output. If you get a good program going, I'd estimate that in a few months time, not only will you no longer be breaking launchers, but you could be hitting some 2000+ RPM rips.
This is why i would reccomend sword launchers if you are going for durability. It may be not as strong but it lasts longer in my opinion.
(Jan. 01, 2020  12:25 AM)cheif_captain Wrote: This is why i would reccomend sword launchers if you are going for durability. It may be not as strong but it lasts longer in my opinion.

Really not necessary to revive a 1 year old thread, but Sword Launchers break kind of easily (both Hasbro and TT)
Launchers are designed not to withstand prolonged use in order to force their consumers to buy more (this is part of marketing and sales strategy) despite advertising that a release has "x" amount of launch power.

Of course, you'd only want to replace your broken launchers if you:

1. want to participate in tournaments and know that modification of launchers will not be accepted nor tolerated

2. don't want to spend time fiddling with your launchers to see what parts can be remedied or replaced

3. have no tools available or are a literal child/teen who can only get things done with adult supervision

4. want to keep working on your launches and will be needing your launchers in tiptop condition.

Personally, I keep two or three of the broken launchers in a heap and try to assemble or remedy whatever can be done to save the parts. I haven't tried re-casting the parts, but if I did have the budget and time, I'd rather use a launcher with metal gears instead of the easily breakable plastics.
Takara tomy and their skipping launchers.