What's Up?

I used to play Beyblade G1 w/ my friends at elementary school (We ripped on the latchkey carpet or some cardboard). I rediscovered Beyblade purely by chance a couple of days ago and it's awesome to see how the community has thrived throughout the years. I want to blade competitively, but I don't know where to start! Would you guys recommend Hasbro or Takara Tomy tops? What kind of stadiums are tourney legal? And should I follow the anime? Thx for the replies!   Joyful_3
Welcome to the World Beyblade Organization!

Have you heard about Burst? If you are interested in them, for sure try to purchase anything not from Hasbro, unfortunately: TAKARA-TOMY parts have proven to perform better. Stadiums are as always better if they are from Japan, and they even come with a cover this time to avoid any injuries due to bursts.

The anime is up to you, but I personally dislike it hah. It is nothing compared to the two previous series, and I really gave it a chance by watching all episodes until the twentieth one.
I myself would also like to recommend the TAKARA-TOMY Beyblades as well. Hasbro's burst system relies on contact with smooth surfaces which  also reduces the amount of wear-and-tear they can go through, but it's a lot easier to burst. TT's system relies on hard-hitting and jagged edges which increases wear-and-tear but it's better performance-wise and isn't as easy to burst. Personally I've not owned a stadium from Japan in the Burst system yet.

As for the Burst anime, I rather enjoy the Anime myself but It's definitely up to you whether you want to watch it or not. I love it because the setting really reminds me of the G1 anime- specifically the river area that the Bladebreakers used to hang out in and Valt seems to train there a lot in the first twenty episodes I've seen so far.

Welcome back to the addicting world of Beyblade!
I've...really NEVER gotten ANY burst beys. I've only got some MFB and Zero-G. And those are from Hasbro. I usually just make my beys loose, so it could ACT like a burst finish. P.S: I'm new here.
(Jan. 23, 2017  2:59 AM)ajfunk Wrote: I've...really NEVER gotten ANY burst beys. I've only got some MFB and Zero-G. And those are from Hasbro. I usually just make my beys loose, so it could ACT like a burst finish. P.S: I'm new here.

Hi ajfunk if you want you could make your own introduce yourself Thread here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Introduce-Yourself (just hit the new topic button to make your thread)