[Washington DC] 02/25/12 - Leap Year Lashing

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Hi everyone! We have an indoor venue again for February's tournament:

Leap Year Lashing

Please note that the location for this month's tournament is in Washington, DC - not Silver Spring.

The Marriott Wardman Park Hotel is located about 100 yards west of Connecticut Avenue on Woodley Road. Parking in the surrounding neighborhoods can sometimes be challenging due to the close proximity of the National Zoo, so please plan to either arrive early to find free parking, arrive whenever and pay for parking, or take the DC Metro Red Line to the Woodley Park / National Zoo station and a very short walk to the hotel.

Date: Saturday, February 25, 2012
Location: The Marriott Wardman Park Hotel: 2660 Woodley Road NW · Washington, DC 20008 (We will be in the McKinley Room) https://www.marriott.com/hotels/maps/tra...dman-park/
Start time: 12:30 on the dot - Don't be late!!!
Surface: Carpet!
Fees: $5 Room Fee + Standard WBO fees: $5 entry fee or $10 for a Blader Passport that gives you free tournaments for a year
Prizes: Kreis Cygnus, RB9, other TakaraTomy beyblades TBD. 1st place picks first prize from the pool, etc. etc.

Please post to this thread if you plan to make it!

Confirmed attendees:
  1. Arupaeo
  2. Burn Rock Virgo
  3. Tech (Happy Birthday-ish!)
  4. aj_the_elite
  5. Katsuya
  6. Galaxy4Stars
  7. Night Wing 247
  8. Sonikkubey
  9. DAJ
  10. Ryugablader (maybe)
  11. Sniperâ„¢
  12. Bazooka
  13. nerfblader721
  14. beydoc123450
  15. Mike451 (is trying to come)
  16. InTrance317
  17. Joseph317
  18. BeyDestroyer21
  19. myjuto
  20. Laseryon
  21. the revenger
  22. Furydragoon
  23. DragonRealm
  24. Shadowgasher
  25. Breaker!
  26. Repslicer
  27. Blader's Dad
  28. BillyBlast
  29. Hawk1210

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Feb. 05, 2012  6:48 AM)Arupaeo Wrote: There will be another tournament in the MD/DC area in March - we have one every month! Keep an eye out for the thread at the end of February.
Ok!!!! Thanks alot Arupaeo!!!!!!!Wink
I might come, and now my skills have reached new heights so watch out
Let us know when you're confirmed, we want you to come!
i just posted a video about me preparing for this video on youtube my account Myjuto369 check it out! im exited for this tourney! cant wait and its my first WBO tournament!
Let's see... How many MD/DC tournaments have there been so far where I've said either "I will come" or "I may come"... One, two... Three maybe? I've lost count!

This month, I may be able to make it and I look forward to hopefully seeing all most of your familiar faces! Smile
On a side note, the Meta-Ranking list-thingy looks really great! I could try and make a VA Meta-game sort of list for anyone who wants a solely MD bladers on their list, though. The VA list would be pretty short, LOL.
We would love to have you come up of course! Keep trying and maybe it will come together again sooner or later... Eee

I think putting together a VA metagame list is a good idea, and as a side benefit we might actually find out which of the 25 bladers claiming to be VA #1 is actually right! ;p

As far as our local metagame list is concerned, I still think that due to the fact that we have bladers from the tri-state area who compete here that it should be kept inclusive of those who are in the area. That being said, I think we also have the ability to do a State-specific list for all three areas (MD, DC, VA).

And if you think the VA list is short, wait till you see the DC list! It might just be me... LOL
I would think D.C. should be included in any MD ranking list, but this isn't exactly the place to discuss this sort of stuff. (We should make a couple of threads!)

BOT, I really doubt I could use Pegasis here as effectively as I did during the SSS... I might have to whip out an R2F if I actually end up making it to this month's event. xD

Beware of my MF Dark Leone D125R2F, it's fast!
Haha that's funny y cause I wanna be va's number one! Don't think I'm a noob I just actually started using my wbo account. Why dont we see who's va's number one or top 5 at the tournament? Sound like a good idea?
This tournament will show us who is #1 in the tournament, but the true test of #1-ness is only found in a blader's performance over time. Once you get in your first WBO tournament, the journey to the top of the BeyRank begins!

@ლ(ಠ益ಠლ): I agree about getting the threads up, but wanted to see what our local community thought about what it should look like before setting up the thread.
Good point, but I just thought that I would mention it. Smile

Well, time to start on the rankings list... *Away*

EDIT: I'm back; you may now consult the signature.
Colll and well I guess my journey starts here! Can't wait for my first tournament I got a lot of new beys comming in. I'm shooting for fifth place or better.
Im looking foward to this tournament its actually my first one outside the state of New York. MY favorite part will be driving for 4 hours. Anyway I think this will be a good one i have a feeling.
(Feb. 08, 2012  2:33 AM)joseph317 Wrote: MY favorite part will be driving for 4 hours.

Hopefully you will not get lost, or litterally lose in the tournament, hah.
Yeah but im pretty sure my dad will have directions. ( just hopefully the right ones )

I will be there.. Please add me!
Arupaeo, until what time do you usually have the meeting room?
5pm max. What's up?
Nah, just wondering.
(Feb. 08, 2012  3:36 AM)joseph317 Wrote: Yeah but im pretty sure my dad will have directions. ( just hopefully the right ones )
I'll worry about getting us there son, you worry about losing to ME!
I know someone will steal my combo. (cough*again*cough). People already stole my Scythe combo.
So, adapt. Combos are not intellectual property - this site makes a habit of sharing what is best for most things, and many "secret" combos are fairly well known, too.

It's how well you use it, and how well you know how to counter it, that matters.
Ok im ready for this tourney i got my combo and my skills and i hope everyone does too. This will be a fun tounement.
My goal for this tounement is to get 3rd place or higher.
We will be arriving on Friday and spending the day in D.C. There's gonna be 5 of us spending the night. The youngest Aiden (4), who we're trying to teach how to launch will be wanting to at least "play". Look out for Lilo317. As far as my son's last post: I'm not sure if he wrote that before or after our practice session last night but let's just say, if he faces me in the tournament, his #26 ranking may very well be in jeopardy :-)
I'm definitely coming this time.