WIXOSS - Takara Tomy's newest TCG

[center][Image: Logo_WIXOSS.png]

We all know about Beyblade, the game this site is based off of. We are all familiar with the name "Takara Tomy."

So Takara Tomy has done TCGs in the past. Some of the most notable ones that came over to the states is Duel Masters. Remember that? Well, if you're super duper young in this board, like near-fetus baby, then probably not. But you might know it as Kaijudo, which...is supposed to be Hasbro's way of bringing back Duel Masters (here's a hint, it's not, because nothing can stop what is Duel Masters).

WIXOSS is based off the anime, Selector Infected WIXOSS, in which girls receive living LRIGS in their decks of WIXOSS. Owning a LRIG makes them a Selector, which if fulfilling the requirements of battle, makes them an Eternal Girl and have their wish granted. But if they lose three times, they not only lose the right to become an Eternal Girl, but their wish becomes corrupted. The story follows Ruko Kominato, who moves to Tokyo. Her brother gives her her own WIXOSS deck, White Hope, in which she meets her LRIG, Tama. From then on, she becomes involved with other Selectors and slowly uncovers the dark secret surrounding LRIGs and the game of WIXOSS.

While you can talk about the anime here, you can also talk about the TCG. While the game is only in Japanese, there are currently 5 Starter Decks out, one for each of the main colors: White, Red, Green, Blue, and Black, and two more on its way. The LRIGs out right now are Tamayorihime (or simply known as Tama), Hanayo, Yuzuki, Midoriko, Piruruku, Eldora, and Ulith. Coming soon is Eldora (her Level 0), Iona, and the mysterious Umuru.

Information on this game, including sets and deck lists, as well as card terms, can be found in this link, and concrete rules on how to play the game can be found in this link.

Just to start, this game is girl heavy. Lots of little moe girl characters in the game.

Card game is only available in Japan, and you will have to go to websites that deal with Japanese imports, such as AmiAmi, to get these cards.
Wow seems interesting I might have to get a starter or something. Thanks for the info Jimmies I probably wouldn't have known about this if you didn't post.
I don't know anything about the card game, but let me just say that the anime is one of the best I've ever seen. It starts off pretty light but the genre turns horror/thriller a few episodes in. Whether you're interested in the card game or not, I'd suggest watching the anime; the first season aired in the spring and the second season will begin this fall.

I'm not one for card games, but the anime was so interesting that I might actually check this one out.
I actually started playing, but via the LackeyCCG program. It's fairly simple to install; simply DL and unzip, access the folder, and bam. You need the WIXOSS plugin, though.

The reason why I made this thread was because I started building a deck. I'm running an Ulith deck.

But if there's a community I'd recommend on this, I'd recommend the WIXOSS Reddit. They're pretty on top of things such as news and analyses. I actually might join reddit for this myself.

Coming soon:
WXD-06 and WXD07 - Blue Request and Black Crave.
As mentioned in the OP, Blue Request focuses on the Blue LRIG, Eldora, while Black Crave focuses on the Black LRIG, Iona.

WX-03, Spread Selector, has some LRIG upgrades for Tama, Ulith, and Piruruku, as well as a brand new LRIG called Umuru. Will Iona's LRIG upgrades be only in her deck? Or...

[Image: woRd7Q5.jpg]
Does this have a say in it?
Reddit reported last night that Takara Tomy revealed a new set, WX-04, Infected Selector. As you can see, Iona seems to have an upgrade.
I like to state that Wixoss decks are now available on AmiAmi. However, they are in Japanese.

You can play Wixoss via Lackey CCG. You can use our (the WIXOSS sub-reddit) plugin to play, just follow the instructions on how to install.
Saw this thread last night so I checked out the game and it just looked pretty sweet, very much reminded me of CFV + Buddyfight. So I spend last night learning how the game works and today building different decks on Lacky CCG.
I gotta say that I'm really looking into White and Blue because of White's ridiculous search power and Blue's ridiculous draw power. Right now the only deck I've really completed and feel comfortable with is White - Angels.
Hmmm... really hoping they don't dull down the second season because of this. Interesting article about the anime and card game though. http://www.animemaru.com/selector-infect...ard-sales/

Edit: LOL ignore me. The article was a joke according to the comments. Wish I could buy a white deck, but they're too damn expensive.
I really liked the show (is this for TCG discussion only?)! I actually want to buy a deck now, but I need more money first lol.
http://www.standanddrawtcg.com/wixoss/
One of the very few places I've seen already selling singles for Wixoss.
(Aug. 21, 2014  7:01 PM)Ryûzaki Wrote: I really liked the show (is this for TCG discussion only?)! I actually want to buy a deck now, but I need more money first lol.

This doesn't have to be TCG Discussion only.

Though there's fun speculation about Selector Spread WIXOSS.

Can't say so much without spoiling for those who haven't watched the series...
I've started watching the anime and I'm enjoying it so far!Grin I'm hoping to get the starter deck White Hope soon!Smile it looks really fascinating!Joyful_3
EDIT: does anyone know where I can get the play mat?
Edit: never mind about the question above!XD
Ok so I finished watching the anime last night! The end was crazy! I bought the White Hope deck!Grin can't wait till it comes in this week!Joyful_3
So with the release of Spread Selector (the pack, nto the anime), we at the reddit have deduced that

A: Midoriko got the biggest upgrade she needed. She jumped from being the worst LRIG to being pretty friggin' amazing. Ulith is now the worst LRIG in the game. Yuzuki kinda close. (Kinda like how Granblue in Vanguard went from piss-poor to tier 1 2nd place in qualifiers come BT13)
B: Spread was a black-centric pack. The LRIG, Umuru, will not exist in the anime. Umuru is pretty friggin' sick.

We have also changed out Reddit plugin to something more competent. If you are interested in playing the game, check out the reddit and our plugin. And read our stuff.