WBO Promo Card Campaign - New Distribution Method Coming Soon

This initiative is currently inactive:

(Apr. 21, 2019  12:03 AM)Kei Wrote: Hey guys, sorry for the silence on this initiative. I wanted to let you all know that at the moment we cannot ship out any cards, but will be looking into using a third-party provider in the future so that we can order and ship them directly online, which we think will be more efficient than printing them then shipping to regional representatives and then shipping again to whoever requests them.

At the moment we just do not have a proper process in place internally to do this, so it will take some time.

Stay tuned for updates in the future:

Original Post:

The WBO introduces yet another exciting campaign to help with its promotion offline this time. With this, we hope that it will make finding fellow Bladers in your region much easier so more tournaments can be organised all around the world! Let's introduce the Promo Cards:

[Image: giphy.gif]

Their design is representative of the World Beyblade Organization, and there is a white box for you to write your username on the back, that way newcomers could put you as their referral, and you'd be getting closer to that sweet Amber Face for five referrals!

In theory, the concept for these Promo Cards is similar to "passing it forward": you should never remain in possession of one of those cards for very long, because once you have acknowledged the World Beyblade Organization, the address is easy enough to remember, so you should pass it forward to get another person interested in this site! That being said, we will try to refill the stock of cards as much as possible if there were to be a real shortage in certain areas.

As for the initial distribution of the Promo Cards across the globe, what we've done is that we have selected Country/Area Representatives whom we judged we could trust, and who were ready to commit to this project. They have already received a basic number of cards, and their work is to provide Promo Cards to the members who are in their area and who ask for a certain amount of Promo Cards. For instance, if someone was in Ontario, they would have to ask Kei, who lives in Toronto and who is the closest Representative.

How you can use these cards is simple:
  • You wander around, outside or in school, and you see people playing with Beyblades? Whip out a Promo Card and give it to them like a real professional.
  • You go to a "tournament" hosted in a Toys "R" Us or elsewhere by Hasbro? After defeating your opponents, give them this magical card that will change their Beyblading career!
  • You know a local hobby shop who might have some clients interested in Beyblades? Ask them if you couldn't leave a small pile of cards at the counter for anyone to take if they're curious.
  • For the rest, be creative!

So, interested in helping out with this campaign and you want some cards? Simply post on this topic, write where you live, and we will redirect you to the closest Area Representative to you so you two can discuss this transfer of cards.

All expenses linked to the shipping of the cards from me to the Country/Area Representatives and from the latter to those who request Promo Cards are paid by the World Beyblade Organization.

JOB OFFERS
Quote:We're currently looking for an Area Representative for the following region(s):
  • West Canada
  • West coast of the United States

Disclaimer (Click to View)

And you, who's new to this site, did you get recruited with the help of these Promo Cards? If so, feel free to post in this topic, we'd be very happy to know how successful this campaign is!
I live in Chicago, IL and would like to join this project! Who is the nearest representative?

Hopefully the promotional cards work!
Sweet idea, I could probably use these to start up a tournament over here.
Fort Mill, South Carolina. I'm wondering who the nearest rep is...
Im in. This is cool. I will do this at the Battle Series.
I live in Kennesaw, GA. I'd love to help out with this campaign!

I wonder who is the representative for the South, hah.
I live in MD, and it seems we have a few reps. It would be great to help out with this.
I live In Long Island New york. Let me guess, nearest rep is Deikailo. If so, do i get a muffin?
I live in Central AR, and I'd love to be a part of this! To my knowledge there isn't even a representative in my state, haha. If I were to get these cards, I'm sure I would just drop a few by the Beyblades at Target or Walmart Wink This will be awesome!
I would like to help, but I live in Hong Kong. Uncertain
I live in monroe ny i hope i get the amber face
I live in Germantown, MD. Our representative is Arupaeo. I wonder what's up with Otsu lol.
I live in Toronto, ON, I think this is a very creative idea! But one question, let's just say I gave someone my card, they go home, and what do they do next? type in the url for the promo card?
Whan will Asia get these cards? me, Uwik, and wpardin are scheming for two very big things. and this would only help!
Who is New York's rep?
JCx06 Wrote:I would like to help, but I live in Hong Kong. Uncertain

We have thought about Asia too, do not worry at all. We would love to get more Asian members and tournaments. Too few of them are here to represent Beyblade in their country.

-JellyLover Wrote:I live in Toronto, ON, I think this is a very creative idea! But one question, let's just say I gave someone my card, they go home, and what do they do next? type in the url for the promo card?

The URL to our website is written quite clearly on the card, and they could always search us on Google. The card talks about joining us too.

TheInGreek Wrote:When will this start by?

Admittedly, I was not expecting the response to be so positive, so soon, and so big, hah. I am in the middle of mid-term exams and assignments, but I will really try to redirect people to their nearest Area Representative without much delay, and if there are any additional Promo Cards I need to ship to them, then I will also do my best to do it as soon as possible.
Wait so the reps will be posted here?
I have a question: What if one or both of my parents wouldn't approve of me giving you (Kai-V) my address?

EDIT (7:07 PM): I live in the Puget Sound area in Washington State.
(Oct. 10, 2011  2:56 AM)BeybladeStation Wrote: Wait so the reps will be posted here?

No. In order not to necessarily get their inboxes filled, we will try to avoid mentioning them too much. If they want to reveal themselves though, they can totally do it.

Instead, we will see where each person in this thread lives, we will look at which one of our Area Representatives lives closer to them, and we will tell them to contact that person to discuss the shipping address, the number of Promo Cards they reasonably want, etc.

T. L-Drago 9207 Wrote:I have a question: What if one or both of my parents wouldn't approve of me giving you (Kai-V) my address?

Tell them I most likely will not have to even know about your address, hah. Seriously though, you will only give your address to whoever your nearest Area Representative is, and if your parents really mind such an inoffensive act, then perhaps you could try to arrange to meet the Area Representative in person, but personally, if I were your parents, just receiving a letter is much safer, hah.
(Oct. 10, 2011  3:02 AM)T. L-Drago 9207 Wrote: I have a question: What if one or both of my parents wouldn't approve of me giving you (Kai-V) my address?
If I'm understanding this correctly, Kai-V will ship to various people around the world and then they are redistributed from the person closest to you. You would simply arrange a physically meeting point.

Kai-V - do you currently have area representatives? Arupaeo and I are trying to figure out who they could possibly be.
Just to get this information out there.

I'm currently awaiting for the first batch of Promo Cards to arrive via post. Kai-V had sent these out a while back. I should be able to distribute these locally once they've arrived. For added bonus, I could also distribute bundles of these to the nearby Asia regions should the need arises to save WBO some shipping cost. Don't hesitate to PM me if you live in the Southeast Asian region, and we'll work something out.

A little suggestion:

I can also have them re-produced locally, of course, with the committees' permission. Printing them here would be much cheaper than in Canada. I just need the eps or psd file.
(Oct. 10, 2011  3:04 AM)Deikailo Wrote: If I'm understanding this correctly, Kai-V will ship to various people around the world and then they are redistributed from the person closest to you. You would simply arrange a physically meeting point.

Kai-V - do you currently have area representatives? Arupaeo and I are trying to figure out who they could possibly be.

Actually, this campaign will involve a lot of shipping from the Area Representatives, probably more than actually meeting people face to face.

Yes, we have about ten Area Representatives currently.
Who is the representative for New York?
Deikailo Isn't it you? I thought it was.

Kai-V So if I went to like Toys 'R' Us, and gave them around, told them my user, but they didn't remember, how would you know who reffers who?
I'm in Minnesota... I'm definately in!!