WBO Organized Play Update: COVID-19 Requirements, Burst Limited Banlist, & more

Why would a part be banned upon release? I know I'm fairly new to beyblade but it seems a bit senseless.
We'll discuss and consider a ban of High Blow'. It does make sense given that Blow' is a banned part within Classic anyway, this would be no different.
(Oct. 19, 2020  3:25 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: We'll discuss and consider a ban of High Blow'. It does make sense given that Blow' is a banned part within Classic anyway, this would be no different.

i agree while blow isnt very good overall blow' burst resistance make for a very easy to destabilize but also very attack heavy combo as with accel dash i would say many other drivers should be banned as high jaggy dash doesnt seem like a really bad threat but thats just me im not new to beyblade but im still not experiecend like others
Well, I wouldn't be extremely worried about High Jaggy' honestly. Jaggy' didn't do much and I don't expect the extra height on High Jaggy' will do much for the Driver at all.

But given that Blow' has already been an issue in Classic in the past and High Blow' is just a taller version of that (meaning more contact with metal Discs instead), as well as our existing approach to other plastic flat tips in the format such as Zephyr', Accel' etc, it makes sense for us to heavily consider whether it should be allowed at all, haha.
(Oct. 19, 2020  4:50 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: Well, I wouldn't be extremely worried about High Jaggy' honestly. Jaggy' didn't do much and I don't expect the extra height on High Jaggy' will do much for the Driver at all.

But given that Blow' has already been an issue in Classic in the past and High Blow' is just a taller version of that (meaning more contact with metal Discs instead), as well as our existing approach to other plastic flat tips in the format such as Zephyr', Accel' etc, it makes sense for us to heavily consider whether it should be allowed at all, haha.

Just wondering aloud.. looking at the shape of blow i would be inclined to believe that extra height provided by the new driver would make it easier to destabilize. 

Yep lets wait for testing to actually come.
okay I see, Classic is for older parts that do not fit in current meta.
High Blow' is just a pointier edge being a dash driver
i mean prove me wrong

oh my god tt has to make rise into a high driver
then it would be a HIGH RISE HAHAHAHAHA my comedy is TERRIBLE

in all seriousness, high blow' does seem like it could get out of hand, especially if its good on 2D...
I actually question whether or not High Blow’ would actually be too good to be allowed in Burst Classic. It is possible that the higher height may leave the combo open to being destabilized more easily. Again, this is just speculation, but it is possible.
(Oct. 19, 2020  5:52 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: I actually question whether or not High Blow’ would actually be too good to be allowed in Burst Classic. It is possible that the higher height may leave the combo open to being destabilized more easily. Again, this is just speculation, but it is possible.

it could be similar to tower in that aspect then, since tower risks destabilization.
Anchor doesn't get destabilized easily from experience, but that comes with the issue of anchor speeding up too much and wasting all of its stamina.
High blow' feels like it needs a lot of weight that wont come easily in burst classic. in burst standard however....
(Oct. 28, 2020  10:02 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Is wheel banned as it’s not a GT disk

its a Sparking disk, pretty sure its banned.
I think with the new arrivals of surge here’s some more things to be added on the wait/ watchlist for bans: cho-z Achilles/Valtryek, Orb Egis, and chassis disks.

wheel as well
In regards to the recent surges in Covid-19 cases, I'm wondering if it's still a good idea to keep holding tournaments, or if they should get cancelled like earlier in the year...
(Nov. 17, 2020  6:51 AM)BladerGem Wrote: In regards to the recent surges in Covid-19 cases, I'm wondering if it's still a good idea to keep holding tournaments, or if they should get cancelled like earlier in the year...

Illinois has been seeing a massive spike in COVID cases and child abductions so no tournaments for a time there.
(Oct. 19, 2020  1:39 PM)froztz Wrote: Why would a part be banned upon release? I know I'm fairly new to beyblade but it seems a bit senseless.
Specifically in a legacy format, keeping balance is paramount, so parts that will obviously be unhealthy for the meta will probably be banned. Like if they made a Br' or an Xt', they would be banned in a second.