WBO Organized Play Rule Updates December 2017 – Mode Change Launcher Restrictions

Outlined below are several important new ruling additions, updates, and clarifications to the WBO Organized Play Burst Format rulebook and the Organizers' Guide. View all WBO Organized Play Rules & Resources here, and a summary of the changes below:

Rule Updates Overview
  • Burst Format: Mode Changes For Parts Which Require Disassembly – Launcher Switching Restrictions
  • Burst Format: Status Report - Trial Ban: Maximum Garuda Layer

Burst Format Updates

Burst Format: Mode Changes For Parts Which Require Disassembly – Launcher Switching Restrictions

[Image: 3MMxchU.jpg]

As was announced in our rule updates in October, parts which require disassembly to change their mode–like Alter Chronos, Legend Spriggan, or the upcoming Spriggan Requiem–may now be changed once per match at any time.

As an added clarification to this update, we wanted to be clear how launcher switching works in the case of Beyblades like Legend Spriggan which can change spin directions.

First Stage Matches
In any first stage match, if you are using a Beyblade that has a spin direction switching gimmick, you may change your launcher to one of the opposite spin direction when you make the mode switch. However, the launcher switched to must be of the same type/power as the one you previously used. To be precise, here is an outline of the legal launcher switches possible:

✓ Switching Permitted
  • BeyLauncher LR (from one spin direction to another on the same launcher)
  • Digital Sword Launcher (from one spin direction to another on the same launcher)
  • Light Launcher LR (from one spin direction to another on the same launcher)
  • Light Launcher to Light Launcher L + Standard Winder
  • Light Launcher to Light Launcher L + Long Winder
  • BeyLauncher to BeyLauncher L
  • Proto/Entry Launcher R to Proto/Entry Launcher L
  • Regular Launcher + Short Winder (Hasbro) to Regular Launcher L + Short Winder (Hasbro)
  • Regular Launcher + Long Winder (Hasbro) to Regular Launcher L + Long Winder (Hasbro)
  • Switchstrike Launcher (Hasbro, from one spin direction to another on the same launcher)
✗ Switching Not Permitted
  • BeyLauncher Speed Ver.
  • BeyLauncher Heavy Ver.
  • Sword Launcher
  • String Launcher (Hasbro)
  • Supergrip Launcher + Short Winder (Hasbro)
  • Supergrip Launcher + Long Winder (Hasbro)
If you plan on using a Beyblade with a spin direction switching gimmick and plan to change modes, do not choose one of the above launchers under "Switching Not Permitted" as you will not be permitted to switch as you will not have a launcher to use.

Final Stage Matches (Deck Format)
In the final stage Deck Format matches, switching between the two launchers of different spin directions initially selected for the match is permitted. You cannot pick another, third launcher.

Status Report - Trial Ban: Maximum Garuda Layer
As previously announced, we are currently in the midst of a trial ban of the Maximum Garuda Layer. Since our announcement, the results have been rather promising. See the winning combinations lists from the four events hosted thus far:

However, as announced we will be continuing with this trial until 10 Burst Format tournaments have been successfully completed. So in the mean time, please feel free to continue posting your thoughts on Maximum Garuda and any tests you might conduct in the Maximum Garuda Testing/Discussion thread or in commentary related to a specific tournament in the Winning Combinations thread!

Organizers’ Guide Updates

New Launchers Added to Rotation Chart
We have added in the proper number of launcher rotations for the Light Launcher LR to the chart in the Organizers’ Guide. We would also like to add the Hasbro String and Switchstrike Launchers; and if anyone knows the number of rotations on those, please let us know!

Feedback?
If you have any feedback on these particular changes, or any questions or suggestions for further adjustments or additions, please post your thoughts below or in the WBO Organized Play Rules thread.

Thank you to everyone for your continued support of WBO Organized Play! We appreciate any and all feedback and are always looking to improve and clarify things where possible.

View all WBO Organized Play Rules & Resources here.
Interesting. About the Launchers. For the Super Grip Launcher, Since theres 3 Ways to Use it (Pull out using Left Handed Side or Right Handed Side) [Like a Sword Launcher] Can you use that Launcher in a different way too???
That's a mistake on our behalf (mostly mine!), I had mistakenly thought that the Supergrip only supported one spin direction. Thanks for alerting us to that!

EDIT: No, actually, that's not true at all @[V2KX]. The launcher only supports right-spin. Glad I wasn't wrong, haha.
(Dec. 04, 2017  9:31 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: That's a mistake on our behalf (mostly mine!), I had mistakenly thought that the Supergrip only supported one spin direction. Thanks for alerting us to that!

EDIT: No, actually, that's not true at all @[V2KX]. The launcher only supports right-spin. Glad I wasn't wrong, haha.

I didnt say that it could support Left Spin. Im talking about how you can use it like a Sword launcher or u can pull it back from the RIGHT HANDED SIDE (Not spin) and LEFT HANDED SIDE (Not Spin)
(Dec. 04, 2017  10:55 PM)V2KX Wrote:
(Dec. 04, 2017  9:31 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: That's a mistake on our behalf (mostly mine!), I had mistakenly thought that the Supergrip only supported one spin direction. Thanks for alerting us to that!

I didnt say that it could support Left Spin. Im talking about how you can use it like a Sword launcher or u can pull it back from the RIGHT HANDED SIDE (Not spin) and LEFT HANDED SIDE (Not Spin)

So long as the launcher's prongs are still being spun in the direction they're intended to by the removal of the ripcord, that would be acceptable.
Quick Question:- we need to use same type of launcher for changing spin direction of same bey but can we 2 different type of launcher if we aren't planning to change spin direction?
Umm about the banning of Maximum Garuda, I think that either it should be unbanned and allowed to use, or Maximum Garuda *and Nightmare Longinus*, both layers should be banned. This is just my personal opinion. Thank you.
(Dec. 05, 2017  11:04 AM)Blader ZX Wrote: Umm about the banning of Maximum Garuda, I think that either it should be unbanned and allowed to use, or Maximum Garuda *and Nightmare Longinus*, both layers should be banned. This is just my personal opinion. Thank you.

nL didn't shown to be as powerful at all and its still yet to be tested.
(Dec. 05, 2017  11:02 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Quick Question:-  we need to use same type of launcher for changing spin direction of  same bey but can we 2 different type of launcher if we aren't planning to change spin direction?

Why would you need two right spin launchers for one right spin bey? No, once you've completed your Beyblade selection, you must present the launcher you will be using for that BeyBattle at the same time. The only time you can use a second launcher during non-deck matches is if it's to launch a dual spin Beyblade in the opposite direction.
(Dec. 05, 2017  1:55 PM)Angry Face Wrote:
(Dec. 05, 2017  11:02 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Quick Question:-  we need to use same type of launcher for changing spin direction of  same bey but can we 2 different type of launcher if we aren't planning to change spin direction?

Why would you need two right spin launchers for one right spin bey? No, once you've completed your Beyblade selection, you must present the launcher you will be using for that BeyBattle at the same time. The only time you can use a second launcher during non-deck matches is if it's to launch a dual spin Beyblade in the opposite direction.

no no lol. I meant can we use like Beylauncher L + Speed Launcher in case we aren't planning to change spin direction of same bey? but for using with other beys.

like if I have a deck of dF + LS + D2. then if I just use LS in right spin then can I use 2 different type of launcher for each spin?
As far as I know. It's 2 launchers one for each spin direction...
(Dec. 05, 2017  3:26 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Dec. 05, 2017  1:55 PM)Angry Face Wrote: Why would you need two right spin launchers for one right spin bey? No, once you've completed your Beyblade selection, you must present the launcher you will be using for that BeyBattle at the same time. The only time you can use a second launcher during non-deck matches is if it's to launch a dual spin Beyblade in the opposite direction.

no no lol. I meant can we use like Beylauncher L + Speed Launcher in case we aren't planning to change spin direction of same bey? but for using with other beys.

like if I have a deck of dF + LS + D2. then if I just use LS in right spin then can I use 2 different type of launcher for each spin?

This ruling clarification only applies to non-deck matches for the first stage of tournaments, which means you can still switch between any two launchers of opposing spin directions to launch a dual spin Beyblade for deck format matches so long as they are the two launchers you presented at the start of the match alongside your deck.
hello hell I am in Dubai and it was to know where I could buy beyblade burst tops of the brand takara tomy

hello hell I am in Dubai and it was to know where I could buy beyblade burst tops of the brand takara tomy
(Dec. 27, 2017  5:39 PM)Katchan Wrote: hello hell I am in Dubai and it was to know where I could buy beyblade burst tops of the brand takara tomy

Looks popular shopping sites there or check used ones on OLX. Else you can go with Ebay.com
the problem know that I'm leaving next week

si vous pouvez me trouver un magasin à Dubaï qui vend des toupies je sais tres content merci
Sooooo, what's the rule on zeta (if it's the same as aC please tell me what the rule on trans is)
(Jan. 07, 2018  1:54 AM)K1D Wrote: Sooooo, what's the rule on zeta  (if it's the same as aC please tell me what the rule on trans is)

Parts that don't require disassembling the Beyblade can have their modes changed freely. That applies to both Trans and Zeta.
(Jan. 07, 2018  1:59 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2018  1:54 AM)K1D Wrote: Sooooo, what's the rule on zeta  (if it's the same as aC please tell me what the rule on trans is)

Parts that don't require disassembling the Beyblade can have their modes changed freely. That applies to both Trans and Zeta.

Thanks a ton, zeta's gonna break the meta. Heh, that rhymes
(Jan. 07, 2018  2:31 AM)K1D Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2018  1:59 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: Parts that don't require disassembling the Beyblade can have their modes changed freely. That applies to both Trans and Zeta.

Thanks a ton, zeta's gonna break the meta. Heh, that rhymes

Not really.

Quake is inconsistent and has low stamina, Fusion is a sitting duck, and the defense tip is already outclassed by Orbit and Atomic. Maybe if it had better tips, but no, it's most likely not meta relevant.
(Jan. 07, 2018  7:15 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Jan. 07, 2018  2:31 AM)K1D Wrote: Thanks a ton, zeta's gonna break the meta. Heh, that rhymes

Not really.

Quake is inconsistent and has low stamina, Fusion is a sitting duck, and the defense tip is already outclassed by Orbit and Atomic. Maybe if it had better tips, but no, it's most likely not meta relevant.

I wrote this when I thougt the tips were flat,survive and ball