Vulcan 2.0 Beat that Lynx

(May. 19, 2011  9:54 AM)Mushy Wrote: Umm, L Drago Destroy completely pwns Basalt BD RS combos?

Anyway, I don;t seem to have a problem wit 230RS. Ill post tests soon
It definitely does, such a lacking in high-collision hits it's a near 80% loss rate.
Throwing it out there, Lynx is the perfect CW for Beat, it doesn't get in the way, at least not past the PC frame.
Just got mine, man it's so cheesy.
(May. 18, 2011  5:50 PM)Otsu Wrote: Just from informal playtesting with a friend. I had a hard time with beat lynx gb rf against basalt 230rs. But had no problems beating basalt with lightning l drago combos.
MF LLDTH190RF? seriously...it killed MF-H Beat LynxGB145RF like 1 pure KO when Rotation and I Tried it i mean i had no problem using MF-H Beat LynxGB145RF at all nor LLDTH170RF. I Envy your Collection and getting Beat Lynx Grin
I'm going to be very obnoxious right now. Testing results or it never happened.
(May. 23, 2011  5:33 AM)Hero Wrote: I'm going to be very obnoxious right now. Testing results or it never happened.
i cant mange to remember the result but no one even bothered to do testing with TH170..... it Stupid.....
Excuse the necro again, but I just wanted to share my thoughts on the indifference between this and Lightning Tank. I seem to be disliking BD145 on Lynx, idk, but aside BBP, it just seems disappointing on the new 4D blades, what with their diameter and all. The extra weight is good and Lynx can still score reliable KOs, but the best way to KO with BD145, IMO, is to get BD145 under the opposition and force it into a KO or scrape really. SInce its so wide in diameter, I just don't see that happening and the possibility of actually getting anything better than what S130 or R145 can create are significantly less. Thats my thoughts on BD145 paired with the wheel.

Now onto the contradiction between R145 and GB145, Sure, no one has brought this up but I saw need to discuss it anyway really... Why is GB145 getting a KO more over R145 when they are similar in weight, and their effects seem negligible under Beats diameter aside the speed boost from GB145? Just a lucky KO, I guess. In my testing, GB145 and R145 seem really similar, and I can't just help but notice the spike in the results, possibly due to the imperfections in the human body, and how we can never ever re create the exact same launch.

Following that, is now, what is the absolute best track for Lynx. Actually, have a look at this first. ANything above 145 height is overkill, if you can manage to peek at the bottom of Lynx, its flat. If you look at the ears, and to the immediate left and right are the major contact points, and thats what your aiming to use to spike your foe away. I have yet to try CH120 since I believe the two possible heights can cater to all types of customs, but R145 is pretty much the best track. Why choose it over S130 and GB145 you may ask, as well as the newly acknowledged SW145? Simple. SW145 has nothing to over over R145 as it is linearly similar to R145 in weight, only in the fact that it is not coating in rubber, making for less smash, in the rear occasion it does make contact. I also took notice of how it works moderately well on lefty spin anyway, so I guess it has use there.

New paragraph, old is too big :L. Anyhow, this is pretty hard to explain. With attack types like this, never EVER sliding shoot unless it seems fit to, or your forced into a situation where you have to. Most of the time however, you'll spend your time frolicking around in the garden, having fun because you owned your opponent with a good bank. With GB145, it will tornado stall. We do not want this, even with sliding shot. We want it to react naturally and be able to move in direct hostile movement towards the centre, on its own with maximum speed. We were hesitant to do this before, but with Lynx's diameter, this seems incredibly viable. An added bonus, R145 is weighty and coated in rubber, making for awesome KOs, even at times when it doesn't make contact. I think Control_L might agree, as he seems to be a massive ambassador on this, but idk, its up to you. Just some thoughts, but I still think R145 is far superior. One more thing I haven't discussed, is on tips like R2F where sliding shoot will actually slow it down. So, banking is pretty much always the best solution, and having it not tornado stall is the best way to lay waste to your opponent.

Just to think, not worth a new post but none of that really influences the outcome alot? I still see R145 as the better option over SW145, and the less recoil just implies that its worse, and GB145 still scrapes?
A few quick notes as I read
SW145 has less Recoil than R145, and doesn't cause quite the same spin loss when it touches the floor, which is why in some cases, when you have a bey that needs to/can spin steal, it's sometimes a better choice, same when you're controlling recoil, or wanting a bit more stamina.

Those "ears" are actually Snouts. Have a look at beat with the lynx CW, the cw has the forehead and ears. Tongue_out

The thing is though, despite what you've posted and explained, which does make excellent sense, it doesn't seem to be making a big enough difference to matter, GB145 still manages to do just as well, and I've never liked R145's tendency to scrape (as Beat has terrible stamina if it's colliding with stuff as is). I suppose it's an attack type so it doesn't matter, but still, GB145 just seems like a better option to me.
That said, I should get around to getting a new R145 (mine's a bit borked), and actually test this.
Well, I think in all respects that linear difference will be enough to get that extra KO, but I thought it should also be noted that it's harder to control a R145 paired with a Lynx.

Just another thought from my informal testing, when using Lynx it is advised not to shoot too hard when paired with an R2F, as more often than not Lynx's diameter and weight will prove its downfall, and I often can't help but notice that at that speed and with R145, which is incredibly hard to control despite what everyone here may think, will cause it to make a hit then run out of the stadium, at the recent Day of Beys tournament, much of what made me lose was this was my lunch, I was cocky and launched it full power, it made an effort to hit then basically said screw this.

T'is why I made a note not to use my launch in conjunction with R2F and Lynx.
Your lunch made you lose?
Probably shouldn't have been using your lunch in a beybattle.

But seriously, that's why we slide shoot, generally, it prevents the self KO'ing. Plus, how fresh was your R2F?

Though, it is true it's a bit harder to control due to it's momentum and the flywheel effect it gets from it's weight distribution and such.
I sort of agree with the Last part of Mushy's last Post. It basically just Hits then its Over. At Day of beys I lost with it once. I didnt use it again. Using the likes of MF-H Lightning L Drago BD145R2F instead.
Yeah, that's true. Beat has one of the smallest windows of opportunity I've seen of any bey. Because of it's smash, it also has huge recoil. If it doesn't KO, it doesn't have enough spin for a second shot, it seems....

I'mma do some th!nking and see if I come up with a solution... Uncertain
Hmm. Here's a thought. If Metal Face doesn't help enough with the recoil ... why not slap a MF-H on it?
Yeah, I was thinking along those lines, though it's kinda not like normal recoil, where it flies back, it just loses a buttload of spin.
I used a MF-H. It doesnt make that much of a Difference.
Chups is correct an MF Heavy won't certainly make that much of a difference, as well a a larger surface area with R2F. Here's a few more quick thoughts as I read.

The linear difference an MF-H will make is hardly worth the extra bulk and to be honest, if there is not much you can do with Lynx's recoil, it's best to make it rotate faster, bearing in mind the concept of rotational inertia. After "Day of Beys" I've been using Lynx paired with an MF-L for extra speed and rotational inertia, as well as a fresh RF. R2F is much too fast for my liking, the extra pain splitter ability is an added bonus as well as the faster speed than an RF that is flat, that is, less rubber in contact with the stadium floor for more speed, as wearing it down will do little on Lynx anyway. My post will conclude with some background on the small window for success, even at low spin rates it will simply KO at any time during the match, least from my testing. As long as your launch is correct, a R145R2F will prove more than deadly in a competitive situation, and do more than just attack and fly out. If your lucky, the wall will fail to save the oppoition, and or Lynx will not run out of steam before they are KO'd, or at the very least, not self KO anyway...

Metal Flat on Lynx would be incredibly dangerous, but I'm that way inclined towards using it in the near future.
Metal flat doesn't do too bad, as Beat has decent stamina due to it's weight distribution, if it can avoid being KO'd early, it can outspin MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145CS (though could be my CS going badly. I dunno). Of course, if there is a KO, you can expect massive injuries to bystanders Uncertain

Just want to say, honestly, I think you're right to say MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF is far more reliable/consistent. RS really screws Beat over, and that window of opportunity is way too small, the risk of self KO too high. It's an impressive wheel, yes, but it's a little too risky, at least for me right now.
I have a beat lynx and willing to do test
does anyone have any ideas of what defense combo i should try it against
Mf-h basalt bull/kerbecs/aquario bd145cs/mb, with the bd oriented correctly (basically, if there's a "spike" next to the staircase on basalt, it's wrong).
I will try MF-H Basalt Bull BD145CS
I don't have a MB so i can't try that sorry
post my results later
All tests done in a Attack stadium

I used a LR launcher

Beat lynx was in attack mode and my CS is mint

Beat lynx R145R2F vs Basalt Bull BD145CS

Lynx - 7(6KO, 1OS)
Basalt - 3(KO)

Win % = 70%

I will try different heights later but for right now this is it.
I'm sorry if someone posted this already, because I wouldn't have known, but maybe you should try Metal Flat.

EDIT: Whoops, I didn't read the whole page, sorry!
I just did some personal testing and beat lynx is a beast with BD145 and 230 combos don't stand a chance
I will post some results later right to busy doing homework Pinching_eyes_2
I borrowed Beat from a friend and managed to get some tests done.

Conditions:
Standard Procedure.
Beat in Attack mode.

MF Beat Lynx GB145RF vs. MF Basalt Aquario BD145CS.
MF Beat Lynx GB145RF win rate: 85% [17 KO, 0 OS]
MF Basalt Aquario BD145CS win rate: 15% [0 KO, 3 OS]

Man, that was some serious action from Beat. I got similar results as ikmv, Except Beat won one extra battle, maybe because the Basalt Combo has MF and not MF-H? There is a noticeably different noise when Beat touches Basalt, different than Vulcan.

MF Beat Lynx BD145RF vs. MF Basalt Aquario 230CS
MF Beat Lynx BD145RF win rate: 70% [14 KO, 0 OS]
MF Basalt Aquario BD145CS win rate: 30% [2 KO, 4 OS]

It did great ! The KO's were extremely impressive. When Beat touches Basalt, Basalt goes wild and starts racing around the stadium. This time the sound is even more different, probably because of BD145, Metal and Plastic on Plastic.

Hope those were accurate.
(Jun. 05, 2011  10:57 AM)Electric Wrote: I borrowed Beat from a friend and managed to get some tests done.

Conditions:
Standard Procedure.
Beat in Attack mode.

Man, that was some serious action from Beat. I got similar results as ikmv, Except Beat won one extra battle, maybe because the Basalt Combo has MF and not MF-H? There is a noticeably different noise when Beat touches Basalt, different than Vulcan.

MF Beat Lynx BD145RF vs. MF Basalt Aquario [b]230CS[/b]

It did great ! The KO's were extremely impressive. When Beat touches Basalt, Basalt goes wild and starts racing around the stadium. This time the sound is even more different, probably because of BD145, Metal and Plastic on Plastic.

Aha , those are pretty good results. Beat does beat every top tier defense wheel , can you test MF Beat Lynx BD145 RF / R2F vs MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145 MB if possible ?
(Jun. 05, 2011  12:14 PM)Ultimate X Wrote:
(Jun. 05, 2011  10:57 AM)Electric Wrote: I borrowed Beat from a friend and managed to get some tests done.

Conditions:
Standard Procedure.
Beat in Attack mode.

MF Beat Lynx BD145RF vs. MF Basalt Aquario [b]230CS[/b]

Aha , those are pretty good results. Beat does beat every top tier defense wheel , can you test MF Beat Lynx BD145 RF / R2F vs MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145 MB if possible ?
Sorry, I can't I don't have an MF-H and MB at the moment.