VirgoDF145FS

There has been talk about how this would perform, so since I had the necessary parts, I tested this against two of the Stamina combos listed in the Competitive MFB Combos thread: LibraD125B and LibraDF145D. Both bouts consisted of 10 battles:

VirgoDF145FS vs. LibraD125B - Alternating shots starting with Virgo
1. Virgo - OS
2. Virgo - OS (Virgo ran Tornado Ridge(TR))
3. Virgo - OS
4. Virgo - OS (Virgo ran TR)
5. Libra - OS (Virgo ran TR)
6. Virgo - OS (Virgo ran TR)
7. Draw (Virgo ran TR)
8. Virgo - OS
9. Virgo - OS
10. Virgo - OS (Virgo ran TR)

Final Record - Virgo 8-1-1

Virgo DF145FS clearly dominated this matchup. Virgo was free to run the Tornado Ridge, whether it be by a strong launch or by being knocked into it, and still have enough Stamina to outspin Libra. The D125B was good at maintaining balance as advertised, it just didn't have the Stamina to outlast long enough. Virgo has surprisingly good balance on DF145FS. It'd wobble for a while before it went down, and it also had a tendency to wobble, hit Libra, then restablize, rinse and repeat until Libra stopped spinning.

VirgoDF145FS vs. LibraDF145D - Alternating shots starting with Virgo
1. Libra - OS (Virgo ran TR)
2. Draw (Virgo ran TR)
3. Libra - OS (Virgo ran TR)
4. Libra - OS (Ridge)
5. Libra - OS
*6. Libra - OS (Ridge)
7. Libra - OS
8. Virgo - OS
9. Libra - OS
10. Libra - OS

Final Record 1-8-1

A complete 180 from the previous matchup. The change to DF145D was crucial to the performance of Libra against Virgo. Virgo wasn't so free to travel the Tornado Ridge and comeback down for an easy KO. I put a star on 6 because that denotes where I intentionally Launched Virgo a little softer to it wouldn't immediately run the Ridge. I did the same for the last 4 battles too. Not matter what I did to adjust launch LibraDF145D was too much to handle for VirgoDF145FS.

I'm not able to test this against another Virgo as I only have 1 at the moment, but considering what I've seen against LibraDF145D, I'm less than optimistic.
So are you angling this as a Stamina combination? I'm not really sure what it is, just looking for clarification.
In this instance, yea. Either that, or an attempt to try and find a Balance type, because it does have pretty decent defense.

I plan to later test this against Storm Pegasis 100RF (later today) and Quetzalcoatl/LLDrago 90RF (When they get in). When I do test Storm, should I do an alternating shoot like the two above, or constantly launch Virgo first?
Back with results ~

Right, didn't record all of them in the formal way; you'll just have to take my word for it / I'll record them another time.

---

I tried it against three "pure" types:
  • MF Libra C145WB
  • Flame Leone DF145D
  • Storm Pegasis / Leone 105RF

Those were the best combinations I could make with my parts.

MF Libra C145WB, Defense
Surprisingly Virgo DF145FS worked well against this. Its Stamina definitely works well against WB, notoriously poor for Stamina. Virgo's regaining of balance more often than not works well against Libra.

Flame Leone DF145D, Stamina
The increased Stamina of D is evident here; it's far superior to FS. I definitely prefer Flame as a Stamina Wheel to Virgo, and this only serves to augment this preference. Like Virgo DF145FS, this also wobbles, which almost reduces the whole match up to luck. However, D's superiority as a Stamina Bottom shines through and Flame Leone wins far more often (I realise this is an arbitary / vague term, forgive me).

Storm Pegasis / Leone 105RF, Attack
I really hate Storm as an attacking Wheel. It never works as it should for me. I've improved my Sliding Shoot, and yet it never seems to land a knockout, and hence I've got Quetz and Lightning awaiting me in my next MOJ order. But I digress.

This is the reason for me picking Leone as a Wheel. I know it's far too inconsistent etc. etc., but it's my next best option. Suffice to say, Leone 105RF (Again, I don't have any lower Tracks at this given moment in time) knocked out Virgo DF145FS every single round; this highlights the obvious; Attack, as a typing, should more often than not overcome Stamina. I also found that FS's attacking mode only serves to make it susceptible to more knockouts, because of its proximity to the edge of the Stadium.

---

Also, all tests were done in the Attack Stadium. What did you do yours in? FS didn't circle the Tornado Ridge for me once. Uncertain
HMS Tornado Balance. It has a lower slope than the Attack stadium from what I've seen, so you probably won't run the ridge like I did.
Flat sharp also gains more movement as you use it more. A newer tip has far more stamina type behavior than a used one.
My FS is pretty much mint; although I can understand it being worn ... the "Sharp" point is really small.
Would it still have some Stamina even though it would be pretty worn?
I doubt it. Once the Sharp part of FS is worn and gone, you'd be left with the Flat part. And original Flat bottom isn't made for Stamina.
I have used it alot of times now..

Even though its worn.. when its in the center.. it remains there.. it does go into attack mode more often now.. but when I launch it in the center the spin time hasn't changed alot..
The concept seems more of a balance type to me, especially with the FS bottom. Regardless I can't see this combo being much more than a Stamina type otherwise though I honestly think there isn't much more we can do to improve the on the current competitive combo's until new parts are released.

Felgrand, adding the D bottom would just make it the same as the competitive Stamina combo which he's aiming to pit this against.

Have you tried running this concept with a Libra wheel instead?
(Jul. 29, 2009  11:35 AM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: Have you tried running this concept with a Libra wheel instead?

No not yet. My reshuffle set came in yesterday so I can now pit Libra vs. Libra and test VirgoDF145FS against other Virgo variants.

What would be a good list of things to test LibraDF145FS against?

Felgrand Wrote:Oh sorry, didn't realise that Pinching

You never cease to amaze me.
If you can manage it, each of the competitive combo's and their variants would be the best test subjects. Testing it against it's same type is a bit redundant since what you're looking for is it's superiority versus it's strongest match up and weakest match up.
For Attack and Defense, I agree with you, but I think Stamina Vs. Stamina is a good way to see which one has more Stamina.

(Jul. 29, 2009  11:19 PM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: If you can manage it, each of the competitive combo's and their variants would be the best test subjects. Testing it against it's same type is a bit redundant since what you're looking for is it's superiority versus it's strongest match up and weakest match up.