Very Good Anime

The anime portrayed him as a hero. Truth and Betrayal portrayed him as an Assassin which I found to be lightyears more interesting than what the anime accomplished.

I watched the majority of the anime, but I've never read the mangas, so that might have something to do with my opinion. Either way, Trust and Betrayal got across the point that Kenshin was a tool of war at one point, and it managed to do it in a very appealing way. Far more so than the anime, atleast in my opinion.
Roy Wrote:
Ominous Wrote:
Bey Brad Wrote:
Takeru Wrote:
EVERY MAN'S DREAM!^^

Breasts are your dream? Pretty sad for a 23 year old.

He's 23? Are you carp serious?

Yes he is.

What the hell does KHR stand for?

Kateikyoshi Hitman Reborn
bugturtles Wrote:I started watching Hitman Reborn and it's kinda funny lol.

The Daily Life arc is full of delicious crack. It's awesome. But just wait, you'll hit the first major story arc and be completely blown away by how badass it gets.

... kufufufufu~㊅‿☯
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:
Roy Wrote:
Ominous Wrote:
Bey Brad Wrote:
Takeru Wrote:
EVERY MAN'S DREAM!^^

Breasts are your dream? Pretty sad for a 23 year old.

He's 23? Are you carp serious?

Yes he is.

What the hell does KHR stand for?

Kateikyoshi Hitman Reborn

Pinching_eyes_2 O of course, Silly me.

I think I might watch this hitman thing whilst I am waiting for to go to see Indy 4.
Carina Wrote:
bugturtles Wrote:I started watching Hitman Reborn and it's kinda funny lol.

The Daily Life arc is full of delicious crack. It's awesome. But just wait, you'll hit the first major story arc and be completely blown away by how badass it gets.

... kufufufufu~㊅‿☯

This is word for word exactly how watching it went for me.
Bumping this year-old topic for an update.

So, new anime season. There's this show called Eden of the East that's pretty alright. It's got really high production values, and the theme song is by Oasis. The English voices are quality too.

It's about this dude named Akira who wakes up naked with amnesia in front of the White House in Washington DC. Akira's got this weird phone that erases his memories literally seconds into the show. He meets this girl (Saki), and he tries to find out who he is at first. Turns out that he might have been a terrorist? So the two end up going back to Japan together, and there's this huge mystery surrounding missile attacks on Japan and stuff. Akira looks through his weird phone, and it turns out that he's a "Selecao." It's some conspiracy game where eleven people are given these phones that are equipped with ten billion yen that they must use to benefit the world. Through the phone, you call some woman named Juiz and you can literally do anything if you have the money. After spending all the cash, though, someone called a "Supporter" will show up to kill the Selecao off.

Only three episodes have aired so far, but it's actually really interesting. The animation is terrific, the backgrounds are realistic, and the story's actually pretty cool. Here's a blog about it. Check through the pictures or watch the first episode, and see if you like it.
I've been watching Saint Seiya for the first time in my life. My god, my mind has been blown.
Cowboy Bebop's da shiz. Started watching this a couple of weeks ago.
trinity blood scares me. I couldn't sleep after watching an ep one night.
(May. 01, 2009  7:58 AM)Toto Wrote: Bumping this year-old topic for an update.

So, new anime season. There's this show called Eden of the East that's pretty alright. It's got really high production values, and the theme song is by Oasis. The English voices are quality too.

It's about this dude named Akira who wakes up naked with amnesia in front of the White House in Washington DC. Akira's got this weird phone that erases his memories literally seconds into the show. He meets this girl (Saki), and he tries to find out who he is at first. Turns out that he might have been a terrorist? So the two end up going back to Japan together, and there's this huge mystery surrounding missile attacks on Japan and stuff. Akira looks through his weird phone, and it turns out that he's a "Selecao." It's some conspiracy game where eleven people are given these phones that are equipped with ten billion yen that they must use to benefit the world. Through the phone, you call some woman named Juiz and you can literally do anything if you have the money. After spending all the cash, though, someone called a "Supporter" will show up to kill the Selecao off.

Only three episodes have aired so far, but it's actually really interesting. The animation is terrific, the backgrounds are realistic, and the story's actually pretty cool. Here's a blog about it. Check through the pictures or watch the first episode, and see if you like it.

Where does this air? I'm interested in watching this, it looks pretty good.
(May. 13, 2009  3:26 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: Where does this air? I'm interested in watching this, it looks pretty good.
You'll have to torrent it. It only airs weekly in Japan right now. There's only going to be eleven episodes, but it's definitely worth watching.

For people who are more into Shonen series, check out Hunter x Hunter. It's hella popular in Japan and pretty much nobody knows about it here. The basic story is about a twelve-year-old kid who finds out that the father he had always been told was dead is actually alive and well. He's a hunter--which, in the context of the story, is basically
Wikipedia Wrote:a person that has proven themselves through rigorous examination to be an elite member of humanity. With the passing of the examination, a Hunter is rewarded with a license to travel almost anywhere in the world or do almost anything (including murder). Typically, Hunters devote themselves to tracking down priceless items, mystical places, and the unseen wonders of the world.

Basically, it's about a kid who wants to find and be like his dad. So, he leaves home and applies to take the Hunter Exam--a deadly test of a person's ingenuity, physical abilities, and endurance.

As far as shonen series go, Hunter x Hunter is very subdued in tone--it's not about the fights or balls to the wall action. For the main characters, their intellect is mainly what gets them out of tough situations. In fact, more than anything, it shows a side of itself that comes across as disturbing. The first thirteen or fourteen episodes of the series come across as generic and bland, but it kicks off when you can actually gain a sense of danger for the characters. The protagonist, Gon, is only twelve-years-old. But most Hunters are fully grown adults, and it's made clear that they have no qualms about what they do to a child. In fact, all of the battles in Hunter x Hunter are either adults fighting against other adults, or adults fighting against children.

What's special about the television series and first OVA is how they're portrayed in contrast to the creator's vision. The author, Yoshihiro Togashi, chooses not to show certain situations within the comic due to time and planning issues. But the director of the anime, Kazuhiro Furuhashi, adapts these missing scenes in amazing ways.

There are three other main characters in the show too. Killua is another twelve-year-old prodigy that is taking the Hunter Exam in order to escape from his family of assassins. Leorio is a man trying to take the exam so that he can get into college and work as a doctor for people in need (a Hunter's license can get you into any university, free of charge). Kurapika is the last surviving member of a tribe murdered by a group of bandits for their scarlet-colored eyes; he's becoming a Hunter in order to get his revenge and reclaim the eyes of his clan.

It starts off incredibly slow. The first episode is good, and from there, it's typical and boring shonen fare until around episode 13 or so. From then on, it becomes a more sophisticated series. If you do choose to watch it, stopping at the first OVA and continuing the manga from that point on would be a good idea. Furuhashi didn't direct the second two OVAs, and as such, amateurs worked on it and it shows.

Edit: Opening theme http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2I8TqECtdY&fmt=18
Bumping this up for a reason.

The series I mentioned in the first post, Baccano, is now available on hulu. It's English dubbed, and quite well I might add. Check it.