(VA and MD) Bad News Bearings!

(May. 27, 2019  3:18 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: TT Bearing is a huge risk because of how weak a spring it has, as a result it skips teeth like crazy and leads to a lot of bursts. In opposite spin you're generally very safe. In same spin, you have a problem. Atomic is kind of risky, but as you learned today, much of the time it works anyway. It's not going to beat Perfect Phoenix 10 Cross Xt+, but it will generally beat most other things, including other Hell Salamanders. I think if you can get your hands on a counter for Perfect Phoenix (Orb Egis? Perfect Phoenix? An extremely well prepared Crush Ragnaruk?) you'll be more or less set.

Eternal is okay. Not great. Revolve and Orbit, not really going to beat Atomic most of the time.

what is the best combo to beat perfect phoenix. I want to destroy Zycratic
Eh, maybe not destroy, maybe just challenge, or give them a good battle.

He's using pP.10C.Xt+. So it has excellent weight, defense, good stamina, and to be totally honest I've seen pP pull off some nasty attacks on Atomic, less so on Xt+.

I'm not certain it can be reliably done. If you wanted to attack it, a difficult proposition since it's very defense to begin with, Dead Hades and Crush Ragnaruk and ChoZ Achilles are all good possibilities.

Trying to beat it in stamina is better, but it's also an uphill battle; it has surprisingly good stamina. What it doesn't have, though, is amazing attack, not in Perfect mode. Opposite spin stamina is a losing battle as you saw; both beys were spin stealing each other and Xt+ with Cross simply has too good LAD, life after death. But SAME SPIN STAMINA, that's something worth considering! I've got a Maximum Garuda which is always a bit of a gamble, having 1 tooth and a slope on a TT bey. There's also Air Knight, which seems like mG's ChoZ equivalent. You've got Archer Hercules, arguably one of the best right spin stamina layers which on a good same spin tip like Atomic can probably do well, even has some good unbalancing potential. I saw you use Under on it, I know you might've considered that. According to Shindog, Orb Egis is good in stamina as well.

If you're interested in Orb Egis, there's a version that comes with RBV15 which has 0, Turn, and Quick'. So, kind of hard to argue with any of that, that's just good. Quick' is an attack driver, but it doesn't hurt to have one of those.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Japan-Takara-To...ctupt=true

I can try to test these a bit. Now I kind of want to figure out how to defeat Perfect Phoenix.
(May. 27, 2019  4:23 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:

I know I’m in a completely different team than you guys, but I want to prove how vulnerable Perfect Phoenix really is. A suggestion based on experience is to use Cho-Z Achilles 00 Proof Destroy against pP on Xtend+. I used that combo against NateDogPhilly’s pP.Ω.Xt+, and I got a Burst Finish on it twice with a really tilted launch. It’s also decently useful against Left-Spin combos because of Destroy’s LAD.
(May. 27, 2019  4:35 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I know I’m in a completely different team than you guys, but I want to prove how vulnerable Perfect Phoenix really is. A suggestion based on experience is to use Cho-Z Achilles 00 Proof Destroy against pP on Xtend+. I used that combo against NateDogPhilly’s pP.Ω.Xt+, and I got a Burst Finish on it twice with a really tilted launch. It’s also decently useful against Left-Spin combos because of Destroy’s LAD.

I can verify you speak the truth. I didn't use ChoZ-A this tournament, I was too busy trying to be the Yami and make Crush Ragnaruk work-

Ron Howard Narrator: It didn't

But ChoZ-A on Destroy is a murderous beast that is way too huge for the beystadium and crushes things indiscriminately. I definitely mentioned ChoZ-A for that reason. It can be done, it's just difficult.

How heavy is Proof anyway? Most of the time I use 00Turn with ChoZ-A, because I will accept scrape in exchange for crazy.
(May. 27, 2019  4:44 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(May. 27, 2019  4:35 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I know I’m in a completely different team than you guys, but I want to prove how vulnerable Perfect Phoenix really is. A suggestion based on experience is to use Cho-Z Achilles 00 Proof Destroy against pP on Xtend+. I used that combo against NateDogPhilly’s pP.Ω.Xt+, and I got a Burst Finish on it twice with a really tilted launch. It’s also decently useful against Left-Spin combos because of Destroy’s LAD.

I can verify you speak the truth. I didn't use ChoZ-A this tournament, I was too busy trying to be the Yami and make Crush Ragnaruk work-

But ChoZ-A on Destroy is a murderous beast that is way too huge for the beystadium and crushes things indiscriminately. I definitely mentioned ChoZ-A for that reason. It can be done, it's just difficult.

How heavy is Proof anyway?

I don’t know exactly how heavy, since people said it was heavier than Bump when it was starting to come out, and I never heard that again. I’m guessing that it’s somewhere in between Meteor and Bump. I opted to use Proof because of its LAD, which can help a lot against hS.0B.At, and I honestly don’t want it to scrape. Maybe scraping would be good against a Left-Spin Bey if you want to Burst it while also getting the Burst Stoppers out. It might only be a theoretical idea, which is why I prefer something with Proof (the pun works so well xD).
(May. 27, 2019  4:44 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:

How heavy is Proof anyway?
Which combo is better
Hell Salamander 10 turn xtend+ or Hell Salamander 0 Glaive Destroy
They both have some fairly severe problems. The main problem is that you might be trying to use Hell Salamander to attack. Don't. Even in attack mode it's horrible at attack. If turn is turned so the turnblades point right, it might be decent, definitely not wall or lift material but decent percession. Glaive is more of a defensive/stamina frame on left spin, and Destroy is a decidedly offensive/stamina tip.
(May. 27, 2019  4:51 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: They both have some fairly severe problems. The main problem is that you might be trying to use Hell Salamander to attack. Don't. Even in attack mode it's horrible at attack. If turn is turned so the turnblades point right, it might be decent, definitely not wall or lift material but decent percession. Glaive is more of a defensive/stamina frame on left spin, and Destroy is a decidedly offensive/stamina tip.

What should I do. I want to win, but I want to stay with salamander
Well here's the thing Hitashi: You spammed Hell Salamander in all 5 rounds and made it to the finals. That's kind of an amazing feat! But people will come to expect it from you. They will plan around it. They will bring out pP.10Cr.Xt+ because of it.

I did something similar in a Classic tournament some months ago. Nothing but Orpheus O2.Spread.Eternal-S the entire first round, 6 matches! 4-2. And when it works, it works. But you need a backup plan, a good one. When I reached the finals in that tournament, same as you, Wombat crushed me with the same Neptune layer Yami used today. And that's why we have to get creative, come up with different combos, at least 2 good ones, keep them guessing. It's why I tried the Crush Ragnaruk silliness. It didn't pay off, but it was worth a shot.

We have to have more than one trick up our sleeves. I'm not saying give up on Hell Salamander, far from it; it's a great combo.
(May. 27, 2019  5:00 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Well here's the thing Hitashi: You spammed Hell Salamander in all 5 rounds and made it to the finals. That's kind of an amazing feat! But people will come to expect it from you. They will plan around it. They will bring out pP.10Cr.Xt+ because of it.

I did something similar in a Classic tournament some months ago. Nothing but Orpheus O2.Spread.Eternal-S the entire first round, 6 matches! 4-2. And when it works, it works. But you need a backup plan, a good one. When I reached the finals in that tournament, same as you, Wombat crushed me with the same Neptune layer Yami used today. And that's why we have to get creative, come up with different combos, at least 2 good ones, keep them guessing. It's why I tried the Crush Ragnaruk silliness. It didn't pay off, but it was worth a shot.

We have to have more than one trick up our sleeves. I'm not saying give up on Hell Salamander, far from it; it's a great combo.
I understand, but I want to perfect my salamander.
I think I know what I should do for my backup
My Hell salamander on bearing beat perphect Phoenix on extend plus
I got it.
Hell Salamander 10Lift Xtend+

Would that combo work
Has anyone ordered off everwish
(May. 29, 2019  1:51 PM)Hitashi Wrote: Has anyone ordered off everwish

It has slow shipping, good prices, and is completely legit. You shouldn't order it if you need something this week. It might take a full week or a week and a half to arrive.
(May. 29, 2019  2:32 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(May. 29, 2019  1:51 PM)Hitashi Wrote: Has anyone ordered off everwish

It has slow shipping, good prices, and is completely legit. You shouldn't order it if you need something this week. It might take a full week or a week and a half to arrive.

Thanks
I have 100+ tournaments attended (WBBA official tournaments), and have 4 stadiums, almost all main bey releases + exclusives, and 4+ launchers, could I join? I'm also moving to MD in seven days.

(May. 27, 2019  5:13 AM)Hitashi Wrote:
(May. 27, 2019  5:00 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Well here's the thing Hitashi: You spammed Hell Salamander in all 5 rounds and made it to the finals. That's kind of an amazing feat! But people will come to expect it from you. They will plan around it. They will bring out pP.10Cr.Xt+ because of it.

I understand, but I want to perfect my salamander.

Hell Salamander is a bey where you wanna have good LAD overall, drivers such as Ds', Xt+ are great for solo LAD, but for opposite spin LAD, you can try drivers such as atomic.  I don't recommend using Turn unless you have a driver that doesn't make it a blockage for LAD. Combos such as pP Outer Xt+ have "perfect" LAD to counter this, so I'm not sure that hS is competitively viable for single bey usage. Expand frame is a great frame that's heavier than a bump, and has moderate to good LAD. I'm not sure if turn really affects precession too much since the drivers you have mentioned don't really have too much of an impact on frames.

(May. 27, 2019  4:23 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Eh, maybe not destroy, maybe just challenge, or give them a good battle.

He's using pP.10C.Xt+. So it has excellent weight, defense, good stamina, and to be totally honest I've seen pP pull off some nasty attacks on Atomic, less so on Xt+.

I'm not certain it can be reliably done. If you wanted to attack it, a difficult proposition since it's very defense to begin with, Dead Hades and Crush Ragnaruk and ChoZ Achilles are all good possibilities.

Trying to beat it in stamina is better, but it's also an uphill battle; it has surprisingly good stamina. What it doesn't have, though, is amazing attack, not in Perfect mode. Opposite spin stamina is a losing battle as you saw; both beys were spin stealing each other and Xt+ with Cross simply has too good LAD, life after death. But SAME SPIN STAMINA, that's something worth considering! I've got a Maximum Garuda which is always a bit of a gamble, having 1 tooth and a slope on a TT bey. There's also Air Knight, which seems like mG's ChoZ equivalent. You've got Archer Hercules, arguably one of the best right spin stamina layers which on a good same spin tip like Atomic can probably do well, even has some good unbalancing potential. I saw you use Under on it, I know you might've considered that. According to Shindog, Orb Egis is good in stamina as well.

If you're interested in Orb Egis, there's a version that comes with RBV15 which has 0, Turn, and Quick'. So, kind of hard to argue with any of that, that's just good. Quick' is an attack driver, but it doesn't hurt to have one of those.

I can try to test these a bit. Now I kind of want to figure out how to defeat Perfect Phoenix.

I'm simply curious why you are using cross instead of proof LAD wise.

(May. 27, 2019  6:56 PM)Hitashi Wrote: I got it.

Would that combo work

Lift has bad LAD but good weight, only use it in a combo where it won't drag on the stadium too much.

Would that combo work

Use the E frame from Air Knight.
(May. 29, 2019  2:40 PM)Godly_Requiem Wrote: I have 100+ tournaments attended (WBBA official tournaments), and have 4 stadiums, almost all main bey releases + exclusives, and 4+ launchers, could I join? I'm also moving to  MD in seven days.

(May. 27, 2019  5:13 AM)Hitashi Wrote: I understand, but I want to perfect my salamander.

Hell Salamander is a bey where you wanna have good LAD overall, drivers such as Ds', Xt+ are great for solo LAD, but for opposite spin LAD, you can try drivers such as atomic.  I don't recommend using Turn unless you have a driver that doesn't make it a blockage for LAD. Combos such as pP Outer Xt+ have "perfect" LAD to counter this, so I'm not sure that hS is competitively viable for single bey usage. Expand frame is a great frame that's heavier than a bump, and has moderate to good LAD. I'm not sure if turn really affects precession too much since the drivers you have mentioned don't really have too much of an impact on frames.

(May. 27, 2019  4:23 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Eh, maybe not destroy, maybe just challenge, or give them a good battle.

Would that combo work

Lift has bad LAD but good weight, only use it in a combo where it won't drag on the stadium too much.

Would that combo work

I wanted a heavy frame because xtend+ has good LAD
(May. 29, 2019  2:55 PM)Hitashi Wrote:
(May. 29, 2019  2:40 PM)Godly_Requiem Wrote: I have 100+ tournaments attended (WBBA official tournaments), and have 4 stadiums, almost all main bey releases + exclusives, and 4+ launchers, could I join? I'm also moving to  MD in seven days.

I wanted a heavy frame because xtend+ has good LAD

Not sure if you understand this or not, but LAD or (Life After Death) is after the bey hits the floor of the stadium, Xt+ has good LAD because it's a shape that's generally parallel to the stadium while not making the layer touch the floor, just like Wide Defense from metal fight. I'm not sure if you're experienced with tournaments or not, but in competitive play, it's the quarters of a second that matters for a point.
(May. 29, 2019  2:59 PM)Godly_Requiem Wrote:
(May. 29, 2019  2:55 PM)Hitashi Wrote: I wanted a heavy frame because xtend+ has good LAD

Not sure if you understand this or not, but LAD or (Life After Death) is after the bey hits the floor of the stadium, Xt+ has good LAD because it's a shape that's generally parallel to the stadium while not making the layer touch the floor, just like Wide Defense from metal fight. I'm not sure if you're experienced with tournaments or not, but in competitive play, it's the quarters of a second that matters for a point.

I know. So expand is the best frame
(May. 29, 2019  3:01 PM)Hitashi Wrote:
(May. 29, 2019  2:59 PM)Godly_Requiem Wrote: Not sure if you understand this or not, but LAD or (Life After Death) is after the bey hits the floor of the stadium, Xt+ has good LAD because it's a shape that's generally parallel to the stadium while not making the layer touch the floor, just like Wide Defense from metal fight. I'm not sure if you're experienced with tournaments or not, but in competitive play, it's the quarters of a second that matters for a point.

I know. So expand is the best frame

From what I believe in this situation, yes. Sorry if I sounded rude.
(May. 29, 2019  3:02 PM)Godly_Requiem Wrote:
(May. 29, 2019  3:01 PM)Hitashi Wrote: I know. So expand is the best frame

From what I believe in this situation, yes. Sorry if I sounded rude.

It's all good
Burst finishes from judgment joke can be canceled by launching softer.

Wrong thread sorry.
[quote='Godly_Requiem' pid='1521947' dateline='1559137211']
I have 100+ tournaments attended (WBBA official tournaments), and have 4 stadiums, almost all main bey releases + exclusives, and 4+ launchers, could I join? I'm also moving to  MD in seven days.

You say you have 100 plus tournaments, are any WBO? 
What kind of TT burst beys do you have in your deck?
Are you able to attend tournaments and such around the DC area?
I don't have proof, most people don't. Fairly low distribution on that part. I hope to get one soon. Cross is p. good.

Welcome to Maryland! It's up to CheetoBlader, but I see no reason not to let you join. We have 4 members so far, we occasionally have meetups outside of tournaments, and we enjoy discussing strategy.

(May. 29, 2019  5:13 PM)Firecracker Wrote: [quote pid='1521947' dateline='1559137211']
You say you have 100 plus tournaments, are any WBO? 
What kind of TT burst beys do you have in your deck?
Are you able to attend tournaments and such around the DC area?

[/quote]
I suspect those tournaments were mostly WBBA. Godly here has perhaps moved to MD from eastern Asia. I am certain they will be bringing interesting combos to our regional meta soon enough.
@[Godly_Requiem]! Welcome to the team! Hope to see you soon!