Under appreciated characters

Through out all of beyblade (and anime in general) there has always been characters that don't get the attention they deserve. Here I want you to talk about who was the most underrated character through out all of beyblade (Bakuten Shoot, Metal Fight and Burst) whether it be by the fans or in the anime/manga. Who do YOU think was under apreciated

(This here is my opinion you don't need to read this)
IMO the underrated character BSB is Max(both), he held his own against black Dranzer and took down cyber Draciel multiple times but in G-revolution he was over shadowed by Takao, Kai and Rei, his win:loss ratio was very low and he didn't have a battle in which he was getting injured or physically attacking like Takao, Kai or Rei.
In MFB it was Keyoya(anime), he was overshadowed by Gingka and Ryuga which is quite sad since he's supposed to be the rival yet doesn't have much screen time. I would've liked to see him beat Ryuga and team up with Gingka against Rago in the final battle and to give him an important role in Zero G (like train the rival)
For burst up I don't think anyone is underrated maybe Boss but that's really it
(Honourable mention to Takaos grandfather, Yu and Tsubasa)
Yeah, I agree that Max is kinda underrated although I'm not sure about him being overshadowed by Rei in G-Revolution. He seems to hold his ground okay and has a higher win ratio compared to Rei (in G-Revolution of course).

As for Yu and Tsubasa, well I kinda disagree. Tsubasa and Yuu both have decently large fanbases and in the anime, they both seem to be pretty strong and have more character development in MFB Baku. I think Kyoya also has a huge fanbase and he seems to have a decent amount of focus.
(Dec. 17, 2016  10:41 PM)SoySauceNation Wrote: IMO the underrated character BSB is Max, he held his own against black Dranzer and took down cyber Draciel multiple times but in G-revolution he was over shadowed by Takao, Kai and Rei, his win:loss ratio was very low and he didn't have a battle in which he was getting injured or physically attacking like Takao, Kai or Rei.
In MFB it was Keyoya, he was overshadowed by Gingka and Ryuga which is quite sad since he's supposed to be the rival yet doesn't have much screen time. I would've liked to see him beat Ryuga and team up with Gingka against Rago in the final battle and to give him an important role in Zero G (like train the rival)
For burst up I don't think anyone is underrated maybe Boss but that's really it
(Honourable mention to Takaos grandfather, Yu and Tsubasa)

Well I 100% agree about Max, but I'm sure about Kyoya from MFB. Ya sure he lost quite bit people (Doji for example) which Gingka defeated despite both were quite new-ish that time. Though later on he improved and was able to give very hard time to Rauga in finals of battle bladers. Though when Rauga pushed harder and L-Drago took control of him. Kyoya lost, but he still gave him quite hard time even that time. If L-Drago wouldn't took control of him. I think Kyoya would have won. If you see Rauga vs Gingka first part. Rauga gave even harder time to Gingka then Kyoya, and if all blader who took part in battle bladers wouldn't have given Gingka there power I doubt he would have win without it. Yes I agree they gave Rauga more importance because he was main villain as if kyoya would have won against him there's no doubt gingka would have won too or there would be no point of "final battle" of main character vs villain

In Metal Fight Beyblade Explosion. He did really good at qualifications match of Japan representative for world championships. When it was Wild Fangs vs Gan Gan Galaxy. He equally matched with Gingka and I think it was due to Masamune that Gan Gan Galaxy won. In 2nd part where Kyoya battled Damain. Kyoya was able to give him pretty hard time (sometimes) and for sometime he even started dominating match and cracked (my feb word lol) Hell wheel of Hell Kerbecs, which Gingka was able to do only with his special move. I know even here they shown Rauga most powerful but we should keep in mind Kyoya didn't battled Rauga in this season, yes Gingka did and he lost but that time he was fairly new (NIB R2F lol) and haven't master Galaxy Pegasus yet and neither Gingka nor Kyoya battled Rauga when they were at there best with there current beys.

1 more major thing I would like to mention is that. Even though Ginga had new, evolved and more powerful Galaxy Pegasus (which is according to Ryu is even more powerful then combined power of Storm Pegasis and Lighting L-Drago. Not sure pegasis with all those blader's power or not) Kyoya still equally matched against Gingka in all of there matches despire having older less powerful bey. This proves if Gingka and Rauga had there old beys Kyoya would had advantage against em

As for Metal Fight Beyblade 4D. 3rd and last season in which Kyoya appeared. At very first battle he draws against Gingka and was able to give Johanis (or whatever he is called XD) harder time then Gingka was (where he struggled little bit). Well here Kyoya and Rauga batted directly but Kyoya again haven't mastered Fang Leone and didn't knew about mode change. against Aguma he didn't knew that Aguma is legendary blader not Bio that what made him not be careful and loss while Gingka knew yet lost. When Kyoya batted Aguma again and he won. Against Dark Dynamis (when he was in control of Pluto) Gingka struggled alot and almost lost where Kyoya batted him instead and won (it makes sense tbh. Jade Jupiter is pure defence while Fang Leone is kinda hybrid of each type. Big Bang Pegasis is a pure attack type, despire FD it has less stamina and according to anime logic those 'gravity ball' gimmick of Jade gave it advantages here. Gingka's win against Chris seems like has to do something with it too. Attack > Stamina) finally against Rago too Gingka almost lost but due to power of "all bladers in the world" including legendary bladers (thats a lot of power lol) gave him advantage against Nemesis which had only legendary blader's + prototype Nemisis power (which imo was quite close to L-Drago).

Finally at last episode of MFB 4D. Kyoya said he defeated all legendary blader (excluding Rauga. Kenta had his star fragment though) and just Gingka left during there battle at end of season

Overall. IMO Kyoya always was quite on par with Gingka. Yes Rauga dominated both but that time they weren't used to there beys but at very end of each season all three were equal.

Edit:- OMG. Sorry for such a massive post but I wrote all that came in my mind without noticing lol.[/size]

This is probably post I wrote with all my heart lol

spoilt-spoile (Click to View)
Episode 45 of G Revolution pretty much undid any notion of me thinking that Max was underutilized. He was under tremendous pressure to win to keep the Justice 5 tournament going and he came through in the clutch.
In Burst, yeah The Boss is really under appreciated. They try to make everyone on Beyblade Burst roughly on par with each other and sometimes they do show it like when we're shown them practicing and Ragnaruk outspinning Valkyrie but we never see those matches in full. Every other time he faces against a named character he loses (I don't count his match with Wakiya because it's so glaringly obvious that he won by luck brought about by all of their unfamiliarity with the Viking Stadium).

Unfortunately this seems to be a common curse brought about by having a more passive Beyblade that's normally supposed to just stay in the center of the stadium. The animators just don't know how to make that exciting so they just show the Ragnaruk Zone losing 9 times out of 10.

Honestly it's a major criticism I have with all of the anime series in general, "That's a lot more power than the average Defense type" or "Phantom Orion doesn't just have unlimited stamina, it also has powerful attacks as well" THEN WHY ARE THEY USING DEFENSE OR STAMINA TYPES INSTEAD OF ATTACK TYPES IF THEY'RE GONNA DO THAT!? It's why I love Max's final battle in G-Revolutions, tanking his opponent's hits instead of charging in like how a defense type is supposed to work. It's quite a lot better in Burst such as in the Shield Crash which genuinely classifies as a defensive move (Letting itself get sent flying so it doesn't get hit with the full brunt of the attack like a boxer rolling with a punch and then just rolling back down) but there are still glaring examples of "Defense Types" attacking like Quad Quetzalcoatl's "fangs" which completely go against the concept of a defense type.

Honestly the best showcase of what a Defense Type should do is by Zak's Stamina Type Zeus with it "deflecting attacks with its blades," heavy weight and other Beyblades Bursting themselves by crashing into it too hard. But still there are very few examples of a Stamina Type doing what a Stamina Type should do.
I'm not certain how you mean in terms of underappreciated if you mean it terms of character or in terms of Power.

In terms of Power I Think Lee and Tala are heavily underappreciated after what Went down in the World Championship. Let's go over Lee first he messed up during the Barthez Battalion fight plus earlier during the fight against Ray. This ruined his pride and made him weak during a single battle which was against F Dynasty. F dynasty was the only true mess up he had, if he hadn't overworked himself they would have won that match. Ray is a top notch blader and there's no shame losing to him, most bladers of the series would lose to him. And losing against Barthez Battalion is no shame either when they are cheating and can defeat Ray as well. In other Words Lee's weakness is only an illusion one that he holds with one screw up thus everyone else Think he's weak as well.

Then people don't remember he actually defeated Tyson that same season, won the Free For All and held his own against ming ming even without a HMS blade.

As for Tala once again the weakness is much an illusion. In V Force even Tyson had trouble with Kenny's Einstein blade and that jumping technique. The added like in the japanese sub that Tala was merely playing around with him and the fact that tala would have won against Daichi without kenny's strategy suggests Tala might even be a challenge to Tyson at that Point of the season since Daichi was a challenge to him previously. Then it is the defeat against Rick that cements the illusion again the electricity being a major factor and Tala being overwhelmed by rick's Power. Rick was angry at max for not using the electricity to beat Kai which is a very important factor.

Then we have the biggest madness of all, people thinking Tala's fight against garland being a sign of weakness. Garland is the second most powerful member of the bega bladers and Tala actually managed to throw him to the floor even without a HMS blade. I don't see how anyone can view that performance as weak especially since the bega League was so crazy powerful.

Anyways if you mean underappreciated in terms of character i'd go with the majestics. they each had unique interesting personalities and was an over all interesting team that literally made the blade breakers what they are. I'd also say that boris is kinda underrated too since he was a great villain.
Toby/Faust. He nearly ended the world in mm and gets completely shoved to the side in 4D.

And Damion didn't even show up in 4D
You guys are forgetting Gao! Gary defeated max and had not even broke a sweat!
(Dec. 19, 2016  5:08 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: In Burst, yeah The Boss is really under appreciated. They try to make everyone on Beyblade Burst roughly on par with each other and sometimes they do show it like when we're shown them practicing and Ragnaruk outspinning Valkyrie but we never see those matches in full. Every other time he faces against a named character he loses (I don't count his match with Wakiya because it's so glaringly obvious that he won by luck brought about by all of their unfamiliarity with the Viking Stadium).

Unfortunately this seems to be a common curse brought about by having a more passive Beyblade that's normally supposed to just stay in the center of the stadium. The animators just don't know how to make that exciting so they just show the Ragnaruk Zone losing 9 times out of 10.

Honestly it's a major criticism I have with all of the anime series in general, "That's a lot more power than the average Defense type" or "Phantom Orion doesn't just have unlimited stamina, it also has powerful attacks as well" THEN WHY ARE THEY USING DEFENSE OR STAMINA TYPES INSTEAD OF ATTACK TYPES IF THEY'RE GONNA DO THAT!? It's why I love Max's final battle in G-Revolutions, tanking his opponent's hits instead of charging in like how a defense type is supposed to work. It's quite a lot better in Burst such as in the Shield Crash which genuinely classifies as a defensive move (Letting itself get sent flying so it doesn't get hit with the full brunt of the attack like a boxer rolling with a punch and then just rolling back down) but there are still glaring examples of "Defense Types" attacking like Quad Quetzalcoatl's "fangs" which completely go against the concept of a defense type.

Honestly the best showcase of what a Defense Type should do is by Zak's Stamina Type Zeus with it "deflecting attacks with its blades," heavy weight and other Beyblades Bursting themselves by crashing into it too hard. But still there are very few examples of a Stamina Type doing what a Stamina Type should do.
I just realized something.  If Max knows how to play defensively, why does he always insist on using such counterintuitive attack rings?
(Dec. 30, 2016  7:39 PM)Dracieleone Wrote: I just realized something.  If Max knows how to play defensively, why does he always insist on using such counterintuitive attack rings?
Because of art designers who didn't know how to combine aesthetics with function yet.
Mystel from BEGA is the correct answer.

He's got top physical skills which naturally transfer to his Beyblading style.
Constantly positive, his uplifting spirit can get people to underestimate him.
Does whatever he wants, whenever he wants
Never lost any battle.

Ming Ming would fit too, people don't give her enough credit for being the strongest female blader.