[Unanswered]  roktavor better than genesis valtryek v3: WHAT?

Hello, as the title says i would really like to know in which way roktavor layer is more competitive than gV v3. I mean, it's lighter and subsequently more prone to burst. Obviously i'm speaking about Hasbro format...
(Feb. 19, 2018  11:00 AM)bblader90 Wrote: Hello, as the title says i would really like to know in which way roktavor layer is more competitive than gV v3. I mean, it's lighter and subsequently more prone to burst. Obviously i'm speaking about Hasbro format...

V3's bound attack makes it unreliable late in the battle. It is strong early but R is more reliable for attacks even late in the battle
OK i see, but isn't it still too light to be competitive nowadays? Can r1 support core+frame disc without self-bursting with Xtreme as performance tip?
(Feb. 19, 2018  1:12 PM)bblader90 Wrote: OK i see, but isn't it still too light to be competitive nowadays? Can r1 support core+frame disc without self-bursting with Xtreme as performance tip?

You can test those combos. I don't use R1 because of it's burst risk. V3 has unparalleled burst resistance due to it's gimmick at the cost of attack. It hits hard at the start but looses its attack power latter on. With a strong launch and enough skill V3 can burst opponents. One of my combos that I use is V3.G.X
Wow, that's a good attack combo! My plan is: v3/4-7/glaive-meteor/Xtreme. It's gunna be great Grin
My berzerk roktovor bursts every battle so it isn't hood at all

good
(Feb. 19, 2018  1:12 PM)bblader90 Wrote: OK i see, but isn't it still too light to be competitive nowadays? Can r1 support core+frame disc without self-bursting with Xtreme as performance tip?

It's still early in the Switch-Strike releases so it's not completely outclassed by weight alone just yet. But the newly released Legend Spryzen does completely outclass it due to weight
Thank you all for the answers! The main thing i can't get is the following: how can R compete against opponents like spryzen s3 or TT sieg xcalibur, while in the gV3 draft they basically say it's weak and useless? Even if it's heavier and has an excellent burst-resistance, due to its gimmick...
(Feb. 19, 2018  9:02 PM)bblader90 Wrote: Thank you all for the answers! The main thing i can't get is the following: how can R compete against opponents like spryzen s3 or TT sieg xcalibur, while in the gV3 draft they basically say it's weak and useless? Even if it's heavier and has an excellent burst-resistance, due to its gimmick...

The wiki page on Ragnaruk is a little outdated and talks about Hasbro vs Hasbro battles only
Oh OK, i guessed it XD
Btw, what do you guys think about the combo i wrote in a previous post?
Depends on the build...