[Unanswered]  maybe a stupid question, but...

Hello guys! I was wondering if, when a weight disk/fusion wheel/forge disc loses its "chrome-effect" and becomes much darker because it has been taken out of the sealed box and gets in contact with the open air, it does affect the solidity of the part (so more prone to snap or break) ? Or it's just a "minor surface aesthetical issue"?
(Mar. 01, 2018  3:00 PM)bblader90 Wrote: Hello guys! I was wondering if, when a weight disk/fusion wheel/forge disc loses its "chrome-effect" and becomes much darker because it has been taken out of the sealed box and gets in contact with the open air, it does affect the solidity of the part (so more prone to snap or break) ? Or it's just a "minor surface aesthetical issue"?

I don't think is causes any problems. It is just the surface of the metal oxidizing.
It's definitely an aesthetic thing.

The metal parts are polished at the factory, which creates a sort of "shield" against oxidization, but after a battle or exposure to water will break the "shield" and expose it to the air. You can open it and take really good care of them (such as never let the metal parts chip or get moist) and it'll stay shiny pretty much forever. For really old beys, it can come out of the box oxidized due to the humidity of the storage location/method.

The structural integrity of the metal parts will remain unchanged if it is surface oxidized however, many battles/contact, constant exposure to water, and constant fluctuations of temperature can damage the internal structure.

You can restore the sheen and shine of the metal by polishing it with some Brasso or other metal polishes (though it's quite toxic).
(Mar. 01, 2018  3:00 PM)bblader90 Wrote: Hello guys! I was wondering if, when a weight disk/fusion wheel/forge disc loses its "chrome-effect" and becomes much darker because it has been taken out of the sealed box and gets in contact with the open air, it does affect the solidity of the part (so more prone to snap or break) ? Or it's just a "minor surface aesthetical issue"?

Using a medal cleaner will help you maintain the look. Brands are all subjective. I use a car chrome shine for anything medal I have. Hope that helps.