[Unanswered]  Why most adults consider Beyblade a stupid toy?

(May. 01, 2018  10:32 PM)Cat Wrote: Parents hate anything that a child whines incessantly for.  They are also irked by things that are collectable, because they can't satisfy the kids buying only one of them.

Wow. You know quite a bit about parenting... Is there a chance that you are a parent yourself? Haha
(Jun. 25, 2018  1:22 PM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(May. 01, 2018  10:32 PM)Cat Wrote: Parents hate anything that a child whines incessantly for.  They are also irked by things that are collectable, because they can't satisfy the kids buying only one of them.

Wow. You know quite a bit about parenting... Is there a chance that you are a parent yourself? Haha
Yeah she is. I maybe remember her saying that her son and Lui share the same birthdate? Right Cat?
(Jun. 25, 2018  2:17 PM)Suhasini Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2018  1:22 PM)ThePheonix Wrote: Wow. You know quite a bit about parenting... Is there a chance that you are a parent yourself? Haha
Yeah she is. I maybe remember her saying that her son and Lui share the smae birthdate? Right Cat?

Yeah, I think Christmas...
(Jun. 25, 2018  1:22 PM)ThePheonix Wrote:

I have a 3-year-old son and a baby daughter.  Screaming purple-faced tantrums in the toy aisle, I've soooooooo been there...  :/

One thing I will add- there is an ignorance factor.  The first time I looked at Beyblades, I thought "Big deal.  It's a top.  This toy is centuries old, they're just reinventing the wheel."  I didn't know that they were customizable, that each model behaved differently, that you could employ strategy with them, or that they borrowed from mythology and history.   I also didn't know that battling spinning toys was an old custom that dated back to Japan's Kamakura period, so there is a cultural element to it.   In short, parents may think this is simply a top with fancy embellishments, missing what makes it an interesting hobby.
(Jun. 25, 2018  2:17 PM)Suhasini Wrote: Yeah she is. I maybe remember her saying that her son and Lui share the same birthdate? Right Cat?

That's right.  I empathize with Lui's mom for spending all of Christmas Eve in labor.  That ain't fun.
I'm an adult and I love Beyblade! helps keep my son off video games and it's fun to learn about physics.