[Unanswered]  Super New - Need some help identifying some beyblades?

Hi there! My son has recently become incredibly interested in beyblades. I managed to find some from a local mom that we can use here at the house to play with together so he can save the more expensive ones for his battles at school. The trouble is that they're very clearly a bit older and I have no idea which are which for some of them. I also have a few questions and was hoping some of you would be kind enough to help me out? I know they're the metal fusion ones but other than that... I'm having some real trouble! I do believe they are all HASBRO brand, however. 

-I don't see that there are replacement stickers and I assume that is to cut back on the knock-offs that are running rampant. If I was to repaint the metal, do you have any suggestions on brand? 

-Are there replacement parts such as the spinning bottoms? I have several 'pieces' that don't seem to have those. 

Thank you for any help you're able to provide! 

[Image: 46985943_10104749225171707_7898921641663...e=5C645536]
Your image doesn't seem to be working.
(Nov. 26, 2018  4:23 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Your image doesn't seem to be working.

So sorry! Is it showing up now?
(Nov. 26, 2018  4:02 PM)SMB Wrote: Hi there! My son has recently become incredibly interested in beyblades. I managed to find some from a local mom that we can use here at the house to play with together so he can save the more expensive ones for his battles at school. The trouble is that they're very clearly a bit older and I have no idea which are which for some of them. I also have a few questions and was hoping some of you would be kind enough to help me out? I know they're the metal fusion ones but other than that... I'm having some real trouble! I do believe they are all HASBRO brand, however. 

-I don't see that there are replacement stickers and I assume that is to cut back on the knock-offs that are running rampant. If I was to repaint the metal, do you have any suggestions on brand? 

-Are there replacement parts such as the spinning bottoms? I have several 'pieces' that don't seem to have those. 

Hi! I'll try to help:
First line, from left to right: poison scorpio, rock zurafa, fang leone
Second line: thunder orion, inferno byxis, Grand cetus
Third line: ? Virgo, galaxy Pegasus, lightning l-drago

So, the first half of the names identifies the metal wheel, second half is about the energy rings (plastic parts on top of fusion wheel, where the bolt lies after you screwed it). I'm sorry, i've never seen the metal wheel on first bey of third line. But the Energy ring is Virgo. Some beys have mixed parts, about the bottom it's composed by two parts: spin track (the one where bolt screws in) and performance tip. You could buy a big lot of used beys to get those on eBay, for example. Metal fusion beyblades are pretty expensive today, if they're new in box (from 15 to 150$, prices are hugely different depending on which one you want to buy). Double packs are the best deal, in case you don't trust second hand items. If you still need help, i'm here :D
(Nov. 26, 2018  6:43 PM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2018  4:02 PM)SMB Wrote: Hi there! My son has recently become incredibly interested in beyblades. I managed to find some from a local mom that we can use here at the house to play with together so he can save the more expensive ones for his battles at school. The trouble is that they're very clearly a bit older and I have no idea which are which for some of them. I also have a few questions and was hoping some of you would be kind enough to help me out? I know they're the metal fusion ones but other than that... I'm having some real trouble! I do believe they are all HASBRO brand, however. 

Hi! I'll try to help:

So, the first half of the names identifies the metal wheel, second half is about the energy rings (plastic parts on top of fusion wheel, where the bolt lies after you screwed it). I'm sorry, i've never seen the metal wheel on first bey of third line. But the Energy ring is Virgo. Some beys have mixed parts, about the bottom it's composed by two parts: spin track (the one where bolt screws in) and performance tip. You could buy a big lot of used beys to get those on eBay, for example. Metal fusion beyblades are pretty expensive today, if they're new in box (from 15 to 150$, prices are hugely different depending on which one you want to buy). Double packs are the best deal, in case you don't trust second hand items. If you still need help, i'm here Grin

This is incredibly helpful! Thank you so much! 

If I buy used beys do they need to be the metal fusion or just a grab bag will work? I have an assortment of metal wheels and energy rings too it would seem that don't look like they fit to anything else... No boxes for these so their value, I am sure, is pretty negligible. I'm going to give painting them a go to make them look not quite so 'loved.' I got these plus 6 others with launchers (look at me using lingo) and two stadiums for $15. Not so bad for second hand items that we can play with as a family. He's looking forward to beating us...  Hoping a good cleaning and some fresh metal paint will make them look good (or almost as) good as new.

Hi! I'll try to help:

So, the first half of the names identifies the metal wheel, second half is about the energy rings (plastic parts on top of fusion wheel, where the bolt lies after you screwed it). I'm sorry, i've never seen the metal wheel on first bey of third line. But the Energy ring is Virgo. Some beys have mixed parts, about the bottom it's composed by two parts: spin track (the one where bolt screws in) and performance tip. You could buy a big lot of used beys to get those on eBay, for example. Metal fusion beyblades are pretty expensive today, if they're new in box (from 15 to 150$, prices are hugely different depending on which one you want to buy). Double packs are the best deal, in case you don't trust second hand items. If you still need help, i'm here Grin

Here are the random pieces that I have, too. If you have a moment would you be able to help me with these, too? I appreciate it SO MUCH! The bottom right doesn't have a spinning bottom so it got tossed to the 'random pieces' section.. 

[Image: 1?ui=2&ik=6f1070196a&attid=0.1&permmsgid...0c96d49611]

Hi! I'll try to help:

Here are the random pieces that I have, too. If you have a moment would you be able to help me with these, too? I appreciate it SO MUCH! The bottom right doesn't have a spinning bottom so it got tossed to the 'random pieces' section.. 

Hello! If you wanna buy more, i think you should be aware of this. Hasbro has 4 metal beys lines:
Metal fusion
Metal masters
Metal fury
Shogun steel

The latter has some major differences. Only spin tracks and performance tips are compatible with the previous releases. They are easily recognizable by the fact that they have the metal wheels on top, the Energy ring is no longer part of the bey. Element wheel replaced it, it goes under the metal wheel. Further, shogun steel's metal wheels are all asymmetrical. The major innovation is the possibility to pair 2 metal wheels (this requires the elimination of element wheel from the bey, i mean you must not use it or you'll be unable to put everything together), making extremely heavy combos. Face Bolt is now called Stone face, i don't think there's a chance of compatibility since Stone faces are a bit longer in order to make a pair of mws fit with spin tracks and performance tips. Of course, they have to cover a thicker space. So, overall you just need to pay a bit of attention when you find interesting lots or a brand new beyblade.

No need to thank, don't worry!

(Nov. 26, 2018  8:20 PM)SMB Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2018  6:43 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Hi! I'll try to help:

So, the first half of the names identifies the metal wheel, second half is about the energy rings (plastic parts on top of fusion wheel, where the bolt lies after you screwed it). I'm sorry, i've never seen the metal wheel on first bey of third line. But the Energy ring is Virgo. Some beys have mixed parts, about the bottom it's composed by two parts: spin track (the one where bolt screws in) and performance tip. You could buy a big lot of used beys to get those on eBay, for example. Metal fusion beyblades are pretty expensive today, if they're new in box (from 15 to 150$, prices are hugely different depending on which one you want to buy). Double packs are the best deal, in case you don't trust second hand items. If you still need help, i'm here :D

This is incredibly helpful! Thank you so much! 

If I buy used beys do they need to be the metal fusion or just a grab bag will work? I have an assortment of metal wheels and energy rings too it would seem that don't look like they fit to anything else... No boxes for these so their value, I am sure, is pretty negligible. I'm going to give painting them a go to make them look not quite so 'loved.' I got these plus 6 others with launchers (look at me using lingo) and two stadiums for $15. Not so bad for second hand items that we can play with as a family. He's looking forward to beating us...  Hoping a good cleaning and some fresh metal paint will make them look good (or almost as) good as new.

Sure, but i think you have to upload the picture again. There's nothing but a URL like post
(Nov. 26, 2018  9:21 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Hello! If you wanna buy more, i think you should be aware of this. Hasbro has 4 metal beys lines:
Metal fusion
Metal masters
Metal fury
Shogun steel

The latter has some major differences. Only spin tracks and performance tips are compatible with the previous releases. They are easily recognizable by the fact that they have the metal wheels on top, the Energy ring is no longer part of the bey. Element wheel replaced it, it goes under the metal wheel. Further, shogun steel's metal wheels are all asymmetrical. The major innovation is the possibility to pair 2 metal wheels (this requires the elimination of element wheel from the bey, i mean you must not use it or you'll be unable to put everything together), making extremely heavy combos. Face Bolt is now called Stone face, i don't think there's a chance of compatibility since Stone faces are a bit longer in order to make a pair of mws fit with spin tracks and performance tips. Of course, they have to cover a thicker space. So, overall you just need to pay a bit of attention when you find interesting lots or a brand new beyblade.

(Nov. 26, 2018  8:20 PM)SMB Wrote: This is incredibly helpful! Thank you so much! 

Sure, but i think you have to upload the picture again. There's nothing but a URL like post

Eek! Let me try again... 

[Image: 46812916_10104749645060247_6240905867013...e=5C6AC21C]
(Nov. 26, 2018  10:02 PM)SMB Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2018  9:21 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Hello! If you wanna buy more, i think you should be aware of this. Hasbro has 4 metal beys lines:
Metal fusion
Metal masters
Metal fury
Shogun steel

Eek! Let me try again... 

Alright, now it's ok! Citrusninja3 is right.

Basically, l-dragos have a limited compatibility for energy rings and fusion wheels. They only work with their own original Energy ring/metal wheel.
(Nov. 26, 2018  10:02 PM)SMB Wrote:
Metal fusion
Metal masters
Metal fury
Shogun steel

Eek! Let me try again... 

I guess it's my turn to help:
The top left is the "Thermal" Fusion Wheel
Top Middle is "L-Drago II" Energy Ring
Top right is "L-Drago" Energy Ring (Original version)
Middle left is the "Scythe" Fusion Wheel
The very middle piece is the "Herculeo" Energy Ring (Hasbro exclusive recolor, I believe)
Middle right is the "Torch" Fusion Wheel
Bottom Left is the "Phantom" Fusion Wheel
Bottom middle is the "Firefuse" Fusion Wheel
Bottom right is Rock Zurafa, but I can't see if it has the Spin Track on it.
(Nov. 26, 2018  10:35 PM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2018  10:02 PM)SMB Wrote: Eek! Let me try again... 

Alright, now it's ok! Citrusninja3 is right.

Basically, l-dragos have a limited compatibility for energy rings and fusion wheels. They only work with their own original Energy ring/metal wheel.
(Nov. 26, 2018  10:39 PM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2018  10:35 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Alright, now it's ok! Citrusninja3 is right.

Oh dear. So, those (L-Dragos) can basically be tossed then right? the others can be kept and he can customize them with others if he so chooses?

(Nov. 26, 2018  10:35 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Nov. 26, 2018  10:02 PM)SMB Wrote: Eek! Let me try again... 

I guess it's my turn to help:
The very middle piece is the "Herculeo" Energy Ring (Hasbro exclusive recolor, I believe)

Thank you so much! no spin track on the bottom right which is part of the issue... Finding replacements is proving to be somewhat of an irritation and I'm unsure if it's worth the hassle LOL.  

Let's see if I have this right. Metal pieces are the fusion wheels. Energy rings are the plastic pieces. (for these, anyway.) 

I do have what I think are the little tools to take them apart and a carp ton of launchers. I'm making new stickers for them as we speak...
(Nov. 26, 2018  10:46 PM)SMB Wrote: Oh dear. So, those (L-Dragos) can basically be tossed then right? the others can be kept and he can customize them with others if he so chooses?

(Nov. 26, 2018  10:35 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I guess it's my turn to help:

Thank you so much! no spin track on the bottom right which is part of the issue... Finding replacements is proving to be somewhat of an irritation and I'm unsure if it's worth the hassle LOL.  

Let's see if I have this right. Metal pieces are the fusion wheels. Energy rings are the plastic pieces. (for these, anyway.) 

I do have what I think are the little tools to take them apart and a carp ton of launchers. I'm making new stickers for them as we speak...

I'm afraid you'll have to, those were among the best beys available back when they got released. You can keep the others, sure! But they are without spin track and performance tip, so my advice is to check eBay daily to see if something comes out. And yes, that's a tool with 2 "faces": one is bolt-shaped to screw the bolt in spin track, the other locks the performance tip to the spin track.