[Unanswered]  Opinions of Beyblade Burst mechanics-wise?

I recently checked in with where Beyblade has been at (stopped playing around 2012) - and was curious regarding the new "Burst" mechanism:

Isn't it in a way a step down from a design point-of-view compared to older series (e.g. compared to Metal Fight)?

The only thing the new Burst mechanic really seems to add is another lose condition, and makes the Beyblades themselves effectively weaker than past versions which did not have a built in self-destruct button.

I haven't purchased any, and so was curious as to what people think on this topic?
(Jan. 12, 2019  11:00 PM)english09 Wrote: I recently checked in with where Beyblade has been at (stopped playing around 2012) - and was curious regarding the new "Burst" mechanism:

Isn't it in a way a step down from a design point-of-view compared to older series (e.g. compared to Metal Fight)?

The only thing the new Burst mechanic really seems to add is another lose condition, and makes the Beyblades themselves effectively weaker than past versions which did not have a built in self-destruct button.

I haven't purchased any, and so was curious as to what people think on this topic?

The burst mechanic was designed to make more money and turn the whole series on its head. All children like fighting and explosions, so they added bursting, which allow Beyblades to explode during battles. The mechanic is designed to favor attack types, which have never been strong, but the releases of Dash Drivers and the Kakusei Gimmick partially remove the burst ability. Plus, there are too many strong defense and stamina parts for bursts to be super common.
Gotcha - do the newer Burst Beyblades tend to lose against older Metal Fight ones because they have the built in burst mechanic?
(Jan. 12, 2019  11:17 PM)english09 Wrote: Gotcha - do the newer Burst Beyblades tend to lose against older Metal Fight ones because they have the built in burst mechanic?

Pretty much yeah, but that's not the only reason. For the most part, even though some Bursts are heavier than most(?)MFB beys, they're mostly plastic and tend to be pushed around a lot more and, because of this, have less stamina.
Having the Burst mechanic reduces breakage of Beys from impact and still provides the unexpected Burst thrill, is what I have observed from the whole Burst generation compared to OG Bey releases
(Jan. 12, 2019  11:17 PM)english09 Wrote: Gotcha - do the newer Burst Beyblades tend to lose against older Metal Fight ones because they have the built in burst mechanic?

Limited beys yes, Standard, hell no
They Go Crazy heavy
Moved to Beyblade Hobby Q&A.

I mean, would you ever put Original Plastics against Metal Fight and expect to win? They're completely different systems so they're never meant to be put up against each other, so the idea that "Metal Fight is stronger than Burst" is asinine.
Perhaps that's overkill. I'd personally phrase it as "MFB and Burst are not intended to be compatible in battle."