[Unanswered]  Noob getting Killed

Hello, my pals and I grabbed 8 random beys this weekend. 7 of them from the Sling Shock and Hypersphere set, the other from SwitchStrike. The SwitchStrike bey (Tide Treptune) won 98% of the time. Most of the best we purchased are defense and stamina typing...do we need some heavy hitters to even the playing field? Are the SwitchStrike beys just better? 

We had a blast, but in the end it felt like rolling dice with little strategy. We did not customize or mix parts, mostly because we could not really identify the individual statistics of the other beys as it was... 

Sounds like we have a group that wants to throw some money into the hobby, if we feel that strategy will win out over luck. We decided to move forward with Hasbro only beys for the moment to avoid a completely unlevel playing field. Can you recommend a handful of beys that work well in a closed meta? Thank you
(Feb. 17, 2020  4:25 AM)PonyPower42 Wrote: Hello, my pals and I grabbed 8 random beys this weekend. 7 of them from the Sling Shock and Hypersphere set, the other from SwitchStrike. The SwitchStrike bey (Tide Treptune) won 98% of the time. Most of the best we purchased are defense and stamina typing...do we need some heavy hitters to even the playing field? Are the SwitchStrike beys just better? 

We had a blast, but in the end it felt like rolling dice with little strategy. We did not customize or mix parts, mostly because we could not really identify the individual statistics of the other beys as it was... 

Sounds like we have a group that wants to throw some money into the hobby, if we feel that strategy will win out over luck. We decided to move forward with Hasbro only beys for the moment to avoid a completely unlevel playing field. Can you recommend a handful of beys that work well in a closed meta? Thank you

I recommend Turbo Spryzen S4, Balkesh B3, Spryzen Requiem S3, Legend Spryzen S3, Dread Hades H3, Turbo Valtryek V3, and Archer Hercules H4.
(Feb. 17, 2020  4:29 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2020  4:25 AM)PonyPower42 Wrote: Hello, my pals and I grabbed 8 random beys this weekend. 7 of them from the Sling Shock and Hypersphere set, the other from SwitchStrike. The SwitchStrike bey (Tide Treptune) won 98% of the time. Most of the best we purchased are defense and stamina typing...do we need some heavy hitters to even the playing field? Are the SwitchStrike beys just better? 

I recommend Turbo Spryzen S4, Balkesh B3, Spryzen Requiem S3, Legend Spryzen S3, Dread Hades H3, Turbo Valtryek V3, and Archer Hercules H4.

Thank you very much for the response. Are we just missing some attack types to check Treptune?
(Feb. 17, 2020  4:35 AM)PonyPower42 Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2020  4:29 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: I recommend Turbo Spryzen S4, Balkesh B3, Spryzen Requiem S3, Legend Spryzen S3, Dread Hades H3, Turbo Valtryek V3, and Archer Hercules H4.

Thank you very much for the response. Are we just missing some attack types to check Treptune?

Yeah, attack types will help with winning against Treptune. Smile
(Feb. 17, 2020  4:29 AM)#Fafnir Wrote:

Don’t forget my boi Asteroid. Good combo and good parts.
(Feb. 17, 2020  5:01 AM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2020  4:29 AM)#Fafnir Wrote: I recommend Turbo Spryzen S4, Balkesh B3, Spryzen Requiem S3, Legend Spryzen S3, Dread Hades H3, Turbo Valtryek V3, and Archer Hercules H4.
Don’t forget my boi Asteroid. Good combo and good parts.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Asteroid Zeutron lol.
This isn't a specific bey but remember that the stadium can be a factor as well. Some beys perform better in certain stadiums, i.e. the hypersphere beys were made specifically for their stadium and may not perform as well in others and vice versa, just a tip. Also the Switch Strike system was one of, if not the best, Hasbro burst release in my honest opinion. If you can find it, Spryzen Requiem from the Switch Strike system would be my bey of choice in your tournament.
This listing could help You: https://tiermaker.com/list/anime-and-man...444/364466

Slingshock beys are lightweight and designed to ride the rails of a Slingshock stadium.

Most Switchstrike Beys will win standard 1on1 battles against Slingshock beys. I assume that none of Your 7 beys is ranked higher than Treptune in that ranking.

Tide Treptune T3 is one of the better Switchstrike Beys, having a working gimmick - a rubber bumper that absorbs hits.
(Feb. 17, 2020  10:17 AM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: This listing could help You: https://tiermaker.com/list/anime-and-man...444/364466

Slingshock beys are lightweight and designed to ride the rails of a Slingshock stadium.

Most Switchstrike Beys will win standard 1on1 battles against Slingshock beys. I assume that none of Your 7 beys is ranked higher than Treptune in that ranking.

Tide Treptune T3 is one of the better Switchstrike Beys, having a working gimmick - a rubber bumper that absorbs hits.

Thank you so much for info and especially the Tier List. It's very helpful. 

So, what I'm gathering after a weekend of research and random battles...the SwitchStrike line relatively viable...but Slingshock and Hypersphere are just not good...even in a closed meta. Are the TT blades this gimmicky? I feel like all of my options are just in SwitchStrike now and I'm more limited by playing Hasbro only...
TT Beys don't suffer from this problem, because they actually got stronger with new releases instead of getting worse. You are indeed limiting yourself if you stick to Hasbro.
(Feb. 17, 2020  2:15 PM)Morc Wrote: TT Beys don't suffer from this problem, because they actually got stronger with new releases instead of getting worse. You are indeed limiting yourself if you stick to Hasbro.

asteroid and balkesh. TT and hasbro have their ups and downs. TT has better layers. The discs are the same. Hasbro has some better and more unique, resusable tip designs. But people can buy whatever they want. And buying TT beys will void his current collection.