[Unanswered]  Need Help

Hello all I use to play with beyblades as a kid and loved it. My son now loves the beyblade burst series he is 6. I looked up bey tournaments and found this site. We have the regular beys and launchers you can find at Wal-Mart. I looked up some wbo tourneys on YouTube and noticed the the launchers used are much more advanced than ours. They beys look a ot more advanced also. I'm asking for help. Where can I order those awesome launchers and beys so he can be on the same level as u guys. The stock launchers and beys we have do not look up to par.
(Dec. 11, 2017  11:01 PM)WVspinner Wrote: Hello all I use to play with beyblades as a kid and loved it. My son now loves the beyblade burst series he is 6. I looked up bey tournaments and found this site. We have the regular beys and launchers you can find at Wal-Mart. I looked up some wbo tourneys on YouTube and noticed the the launchers used are much more advanced than ours. They beys look a ot more advanced also. I'm asking for help. Where can I order those awesome launchers and beys so he can be on the same level as u guys. The stock launchers and beys we have do not look up to par.

Takara Tomy is sold online, and is the main Japanese company. Hasbro, the retailer in the US and most everywhere else, dropped quality in their early releases, but is stepping up their game soon. You can order these online. I'll let others tell you how to order Takara Tomy.
Thank you...

We have 12 beys from walmart..... basically I'm asking are these the same beys I see used in WBO tourneys..... we are totally noobs.... but want to learn so we can come to tourneys and be competitive
(Dec. 11, 2017  11:59 PM)WVspinner Wrote: Thank you...

We have 12 beys from walmart..... basically I'm asking are these the same beys I see used in WBO tourneys..... we are totally noobs.... but want to learn so we can come to tourneys and be competitive

List all the Beyblade Burst you own
I will post a list later this evening.... I don't know them all to be honest
Question q2....unicrest u2.....spryzen s2......valtryek.....wyvron w2....doomscizor d2.....xcalius I think but the one we have is all gold....kerbeus k2....roktavor r2....looks like unicrest possibly.... I'm having a hard time trying to identify them off of this beyblade burst paper
Try searching here if you haven't already. The pictures might be better. https://www.hasbro.com/en-ca/toys-games/?q=beyblade
(Dec. 11, 2017  11:01 PM)WVspinner Wrote: Hello all I use to play with beyblades as a kid and loved it. My son now loves the beyblade burst series he is 6. I looked up bey tournaments and found this site. We have the regular beys and launchers you can find at Wal-Mart. I looked up some wbo tourneys on YouTube and noticed the the launchers used are much more advanced than ours. They beys look a ot more advanced also. I'm asking for help. Where can I order those awesome launchers and beys so he can be on the same level as u guys. The stock launchers and beys we have do not look up to par.

It's super simple really. Just go to amazon and look up "takara tomy beyblade burst." There's where you'll find those awesome beys you were mentioning! Though, these beys have teeth and some of them can be tight, so you might need to help him with them. And theres three generations: single layer, dual layer, and god layer. Single layer beys are the most simplified looking and don't have the nest of teeth. A good example of this is kerbeus central defense, or Valkyrie wing accel. A dual layer bey looks a little more advanced then the single layer beys. An example of this is Victory Valkyrie B. V. and the final one, god layers, have gimmicks. or the evolution is what theyre called in the U.S. God Valkyrie's gimmick is a sring loaded layer that I think prevents recoil, and its performance tip (A.K.A. driver) reboot is known for speeding up when it loses stamina. 
for a beginner, I'd recommend a simple bey like Valkyrie wing accel or kerbeus central defense 

launchers on the other hand come in MANY different styles and shapes! the most popular one is the sting launcher or as its properly labeled as the bey launcher. but theres many to choose from. I'd recommend the LR string launcher so you can launch clockwise and counter clockwise!

I hope I was helpful enough!
Thank you so much..... very helpful.....it is a lot to take in with all the abbreviations...... if I keep reading in these forums I think I will get it lol
(Dec. 13, 2017  11:51 PM)WVspinner Wrote: Thank you so much..... very helpful.....it is a lot to take in with all the abbreviations...... if I keep reading in these forums I think I will get it lol

This page shows the Burst parts and their abbreviations. http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_B...stem_parts
An option for you  if you don't want to buy those fancy japanese beyblades online is the hasbro-only beyblade burst format. Basically, like the name suggests, the format works just like the tournaments in which you're seeing the nice Takara Tomy Beyblades, except that you're only allowed to use Hasbro's version of the beyblade burst line, aka, the beyblades you can buy at walmart and target. I would suggest avoiding stock combos as, with the exception of some rare cases, customizing your combos will greatly improve their performance. This page is a list of competitive hasbro combos for the Hasbro-only beyblade burst format: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Hasbro-...sion-W-I-P

This isn't to say that you shouldn't bring hasbro beyblades to standard beyblade burst tounaments, as there are some hasbro combos that can hold their own against takara tomy beys. Neither does it mean that you shouldn't invest in some of the nicer takara tomy beyblades, just know that if you do, Hasbro Energy Layers/Performance Tips and Takara Tomy Layers/Drivers are not compatible with eachother. I would suggest reading tournament reports for standard competitive combos as the list we have here is a little out of date :(

Anyways, I hope this helps, and I wish you and your son some happy blading!
Thank u very much...... you guys are very helpful

You can get it from Amazon, which i prefer, and Ebay. I don't really trust ebay but look for Takara Tomy stuff. Search up Beyblade Burst Launchers Takara Tomy or Beyblade Burst Takara Tomy.
You can get those from eBay.com ,amazon.com