[Unanswered]  Is buying one beyblade each day considered as addiction?

Poll: Is it an addiction

Yes
47.62%
No
52.38%
Total: 100% 21 vote(s)
My wife told me that I'm more addicted towards Bey, even more than my kids loving them.
Is buying one Beyblade every day considered as an addiction?

I had 5 Cho-Z ones when i joined this group on 17th June 2019 (this was like a week after i started purchasing Beys)
And now the Beys are growing with some being shipped via Amazon soon :(

[Image: a.jpg]
Nah, it’s not an addiction. Anyways if it was, I’m more addicted
(Jun. 22, 2019  4:28 PM)UltimateMaster Wrote: Nah, it’s not an addiction. Anyways if it was, I’m more addicted

Lol i bet you buy like 2-3 beys per day yeah ?
(Jun. 22, 2019  4:31 PM)mikedrewsmy Wrote:
(Jun. 22, 2019  4:28 PM)UltimateMaster Wrote: Nah, it’s not an addiction. Anyways if it was, I’m more addicted

Lol i bet you buy like 2-3 beys per day yeah ?

Ok maybe not, I have way too many beys though.
If it actually causes strain/damage in relationships and if it affects needed income for bills, rent, food instead of discretionary income, then yes, it can be argued that it is an addiction. Hope she was joking with you.
(Jun. 22, 2019  4:34 PM)BreakerDS Wrote: If it actually causes strain/damage in relationships and if it affects needed income for bills, rent, food instead of discretionary income then it can be argued that it is an addiction.  Hope she was joking with you.

Nah we're all good. 2000 yens per day is like me skipping a 6 pack beers everyday lol.
lol I get you, hope you let your kids join in on your Beyblade fun.
(Jun. 22, 2019  4:37 PM)BreakerDS Wrote: lol I get you, hope you let your kids join in on your Beyblade fun.

Well they are having fun and i'm planning to have them enter G4's next time Grin
Problem is i wanted to buy more everyday lol.
Missed out on Zwei today and Diablos' preorder is already no-more.
Nah... I don’t think it’s a addiction...
When I returned to beyblade around April of 2017...
I bought pretty much every burst beyblade (minus 1 or 2) that was released from the beginning of the series,
To the latest release at that time. And I’ve been continuing it ever since..

The only reason why I don’t buy beyblade every day is... uhh... I ran out of beyblades to buy...
I have to wait until August to buy something new...
As long as it never hinders you from paying the bills and other financial and/or familial responsibilities, it is never considered an addiction. Now if you start harassing people to play with you or try getting Beys illegally (aka stealing or threatening kids into giving you their Beys), that is going to be a different story.

I've just returned to Beyblading since the Plastic Generation due to having watched one of the episodes of Burst (V2 vs S2, iirc) and I got curious with the new mechanics (Bursting). It all started with Storm Spriggan, then up until now where I have an upcoming baby, I still buy a copy of almost each release every month. My point is, if I'm addicted, I'll be using my salary to still buy the products even if I no longer have a budget to feed my family. Same difference with being addicted to illegal substances.

Long story short, keep them Beys coming in your mail, as long as you can still provide for yourself (and your family if you already have one)
My parents think I am, and I anly buy one every 2-3 months.
(Jun. 23, 2019  3:47 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: As long as it never hinders you from paying the bills and other financial and/or familial responsibilities, it is never considered an addiction. Now if you start harassing people to play with you or try getting Beys illegally (aka stealing or threatening kids into giving you their Beys), that is going to be a different story.

Lol.
I dont think he’s one of them “FaceHunters” that be terrorizing kid bladers.

My parents also questioned why I was spending $200-$300 at a time on just beyblade ....
But the job that I have been blessed with,
and the fact that I’m always contributing in my house,
and they seen how much I enjoyed them...

I can enjoy the fruits of my labor

So as long as u can fulfill your God-given responsibilities... then enjoy the fruits of your labor.
After all... it’s your portion.

I’ll leave you with this.
Hopefully this will turn this thread from unanswered, to answered.

Addiction

—noun

the state of being (enslaved) to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an ((extent)) that its cessation ((causes severe trauma.))
Origin: 1595–1605; < Latin addictiōn- (stem of addictiō) a giving over, surrender

Read this and examine yourself.
I’ll tell you what I see...

I don’t see an “addiction”, I see a “Passion” for Beyblade that’s growing and growing.

Blade on bro!!
I’m no expert but one every day may be getting close to addiction. All things considered, if it is an addiction, it’s not the worse one to have LOL.

PS: Nice Collection!
it is an addiction, but  i understand how you fell, beyblade is awesome but you has to xt your horizons, try table tenis or other co-op sport.

i think beyblade is an thing that you have to brought sporadically but in great quantity.
(Jun. 24, 2019  1:56 AM)Ali Baba Wrote: it is an addiction, but  i understand how you fell, beyblade is awesome but you has to xt your horizons, try table tenis or other co-op sport.

i think beyblade is an thing that you have to brought sporadically but in great quantity.

I do play other things as well. Sports like Volleyball, Baseball, Basketball and Tennis. I also have a fair share of online gaming as well Grin
And living in Japan, it's a culture for us to go Karaoke 3 times per week. Lol i don't know we get our days full so I guess this is another one for me.
It wouldnt really be an addiction if it isnt affecting anything in a negative way. Say, if you can keep up with having enough money for needs (housing; bills; etc), I say that youre definitely fine. But if it becomes slightly a problem, there are ways to tone it down. It varies from person to person, but the most definite way to tone down on an addiction is to do other activities
Y’all have to understand the difference between “addiction” and “passion”
Just like what the dictionary says...
if you become obsessed with an activity you are partaking in, to the point of it (the activity) controlling you, to the point that everything, and everyone,
Becomes unimportant, and begins to cause “trauma”,
Whether it be physical, mental, psychological, spiritual, to you, and to those around you....
That is an addiction.

I know... I was a gaming addict when I was younger,
And all I cared about was that game...
(I went through withdrawals and I’m been in remission for years, I don’t really care for video games any more)

Another thing as well is that there are people, who even though they are known addicts, (my job is filled with them) can still function, but what drives that individual to come to work every day, it’s not their family, or their bills, but their addiction to whatever they are addicted to.

So, like I said, if what u are partake in isn’t the “End All Be All”... then it’s not addiction.
But still be careful
Does anyone know if there will be a tournament in Georgia?