[Unanswered]  How do I determine what type a bey is?

I don't know what type of bey mine is, it is a flame pegasus 125wd, do i go by fusion wheel or majority of parts
I think this is a Stamina or a Balance type Beyblade.
(Dec. 07, 2017  8:57 PM)Flame-Byxis Wrote: I think this is a Stamina or a Balance type Beyblade.

But how do I determine it?
(Dec. 07, 2017  8:58 PM)Robbie Aoi Wrote: Look up the name and it will tell you

It's custom
Generally if a Beyblade spins for a long time but, gets thrown around it is a Stamina Type.
If a Beyblade has mediocre spin time but doesn't get knocked around much it is a Defense Beyblade.
If the Beyblade has bad spin time but, knocks other Beyblades around it is a Attack Beyblade.
Balance Beyblades will vary depending on what mixture it is.
(Dec. 07, 2017  9:00 PM)SabreLeo Wrote:

It's custom

Post the parts list then =_=
Stamina: A Beyblade that can endure multiple small hits and last long. Generally weak to attack types, because they can't endure large hits for a varied amount of time. Generally works against defense types because they can't wear it down.
Defense: A Beyblade that can endure large hits without being KOed (or Bursted), they can spin for a fair amount of time, not as long as stamina types though. Generally weak to stamina types because they can not destabilize it easily enough to reduce it's spin time. Generally works against attack types because they can endure the large continuous hits long enough for the opposing Beyblade to lose all of its stamina
Attack: A Beyblade that is purposed for attacking and wearing down the opponent with large, powerful hits. Generally weak against defense types because their attacks aren't powerful enough to burst them or KO them. Generally strong against stamina types because of the lightweight of stamina types, allowing them to be destabilized easily
Balance: A mixture of two or more types. Good at everything, but not specified enough to work against good combinations
no offense but thats not good way at all. type of parts doesn't matter. how your bey performs in end does.

for example dFGR despite having all stamina part, its more of defence type due to it can defend well but can't really OS anything.

But answer to this thread would be:-
Attack:- a bey thats primary goal is to attack and Burst/KO opponents. Its genarally weak against defense
Defense:- A bey which has primary goal to defend against attack its genarally weak against stamina
Stamina:- a bey which's primary goal is to OS opponent. Its weak against attack

if a bey does both equally well its balance type.

your combo is stamina type though
(Dec. 08, 2017  3:50 AM)Bersilus Wrote:
(Dec. 07, 2017  9:00 PM)SabreLeo Wrote: It's custom

Post the parts list then =_=

I did.. Flame weel Cyber Pegasus energy ring 125 spin track wd wide defense tip

(Dec. 08, 2017  12:21 PM)SabreLeo Wrote:
(Dec. 08, 2017  3:50 AM)Bersilus Wrote: Post the parts list then =_=

I did.. Flame weel Cyber Pegasus energy ring 125 spin track wd wide defense tip

Or ya know Flame Pegasus 125WD
Moved to Beyblade Hobby Q&A.

Take a look at this post I made a couple years back; though its examples are for MFB, the concepts are equally applicable to any generation--just add burst finishes to the possible win conditions for Attack types.

(Jun. 27, 2015  1:56 AM)Angry Face Wrote: Recently, when I've been explaining Beyblade types in Standard and Limited MFB to new players, I've been describing them based on their intended methods of winning in this way:
  • Attack - Objective is to win by knocking out opponent
    • Ex. MF/-H Lightning L-Drago CH120RF, MF-H Flash Escolpio AD145RF
  • Stamina - Objective is to win by out-spinning opponent
    • Ex. Duo Cygnus B:D, Phantom Cancer 230TB, Revizer Dragooon B:D
  • Defense - Objective is not to be knocked out
    • Ex. MSF-H Revizer Genbull BD145RB, MF-H Scythe Uranus 85RS
  • Balance - Any combo that shares at least two of these objectives **
I've found looking at types in this way to be an extremely simple and accurate way of explaining the types of Beyblade, as well as classifying nearly any combo.

For example, Burn Cancer 85MF would be classified as a Stamina-Attack hybrid [Balance type] under this logic because its strategy is to go for a KO if unable to OS. And since winning by KO is more of a backup strategy, the combo leans more towards the Stamina type, resulting in "Stamina" coming before "Attack" in its classification.

** Classification of Balance types may look complicated, but I really don't think it is once you look at a combo's performance and goals. From there, it should fit into one of these categories.
  • Attack-Stamina hybrid: Primary objective is to KO; Secondary objective is to OS
    • Ex. Phantom Cancer AD145RF, MF-H Flash Orion W145MF
  • Stamina-Attack hybrid: Primary objective is to OS; Secondary objective is to KO
    • Ex. Burn Cygnus 85MF, Phantom Cygnus 85MF, MF Meteo L-Drago II CH120XF

• Stamina-Defense hybrid: Primary objective is to OS; Secondary objective is to resist KO
    • Ex. (MF/-H) Duo Cygnus TH170CS, (MF/-H) Libra TH170CS, Duo Cygnus 230MB, MSF/-H Killerken Dragooon BD145RDF

• Defense-Stamina hybrid: Primary objective is to resist KO; Secondary objective is to OS
    • Ex. (MSF/-H) Genbull Genbull E230CS

• Defense-Attack hybrid: Primary objective is to resist KO; Secondary objective is to KO
    • Ex. MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TR145RF

• Attack-Defense hybrid: Primary objective is to KO; Secondary objective is to resist KO
    • Ex. MF-H Diablo Kerbecs BD145RF

• Pure Balance type: Achieves each objective nearly equally/Each strategy is equally viable
    • Ex. MF/-H Hell Kerbecs BD145 [Boost Mode] CS, MSF/-H Wyvang Wyvang BD145RDF, MF-H Basalt Horogium TH170WF
@[Angry Face} thanks alot for this explanation its really helpful and simple to understand with all those example. it will help me alot to explain typing to new members, especially at December event (where there will be alot of em)
might be a balence type because it has attack and defence

what parts are they anyway?

tested it! its a balance type like i said!
(Dec. 09, 2017  10:57 PM)catblader109 Wrote: might be a balence type because it has attack and defence

How is it a Attack/Defense Balance Type? It seems like a Stamina Type to me.
because did you test it? no i dont think you did! i have all the parts and recreated it!

and i say its an attack/defence/balence type!
(Dec. 09, 2017  11:16 PM)catblader109 Wrote: because did you test it? no i dont think you did! i have all the parts and recreated it!
and i say its an attack/defence/balence type!

I have actually used this Combo and, it doesn't appear to have a lot of defense or attack.
it does or does it?
(Dec. 07, 2017  8:54 PM)SabreLeo Wrote: I don't know what type of bey mine is, it is a flame pegasus 125wd, do i go by fusion wheel or majority of parts

In mfb the main parts to determine the types are the metal wheel and the performance tip. In your case WD is a balance performance tip due to its versatility in combos where It can have different purposes. However it's dependent on the metal wheel what purpose it serves. My opinion is that since its being paired with the flame wheel, it's most likely a stamina oriented bey. However I could be wrong so you should also consult with others and check with them since this is an opinion based explanation.
It is stamina. 125 is somewhat tall, helpful in most stamina types, WD has a low friction (Stamina) tip with okay defense. Flame has destabilizing abilities, but it also has good stamina. Since there are more stamina type parts then other types, it is stamina. Also, each part's primary goal is to OS the opponent by any means, meaning it is a stamina type.
I don't know what mine is either: it has scythe  Kronos's fusion wheel and element wheel, thermal Pices 's tip, forbidden Eonis/Bull's  spintrack, and the Kerbecs face bolt.
(Nov. 06, 2018  6:42 PM)TheBoss8953 Wrote: I don't know what mine is either: it has scythe  Kronos's fusion wheel and element wheel, thermal Pices 's tip, forbidden Eonis/Bull's  spintrack, and the Kerbecs face bolt.

I would say yours is more of a stamina/defense oriented combo since the Scythe Wheel is high on stamina, and the spin track is more preferred for stamina. The driver is sort of stamina oriented as well, so I would say it’s mostly stamina, with some defense.