[Unanswered]  Help! Starting Beyblade Burst, what should I get?

Hello everyone!

So I'm starting Beyblade Burst and I'm a bit puzzled on which beys I should get that can help me competitively. (I only have access to the dual layer system in my country)

I've gotten:
- Obelisk Odin .T.X (which I absolutely love)
- Unlock Unicorn .D.N (which I absolutely regret, it bursts within like 5 seconds)

I was thinking of getting:
- Acid Anubis .Y.O. 
- Jail Jormungand .I.Cy 
- Yeager Yggdrasil .G.Y
- Gigant Gaia .Q.F. 
- Zillion Zeus .I.W.

I like Beyblades that are flashy or have a "rare" look/feel to them, which is why I like all the random booster beys haha

Any recommendations?
Based on your preference, Gigant Gaia, Jail Jormungand and Acid Anubis are good choices.
Besides, you can try some God layer systems such as Kreis Satan (has no significant weakness) and Tornado Wyvern (also a prize bey in random booster, and is very good at stamina and defense).
tW is not good for stamina
(Jun. 26, 2017  7:30 AM)Mage Wrote: tW is not good for stamina

he could be atlking abouyt the other parts of it
(Jun. 26, 2017  6:19 AM)S34_5O_N Wrote: Hello everyone!

So I'm starting Beyblade Burst and I'm a bit puzzled on which beys I should get that can help me competitively. (I only have access to the dual layer system in my country)

I've gotten:
- Unlock Unicorn .D.N (which I absolutely regret, it bursts within like 5 seconds)

- Acid Anubis .Y.O. 
- Jail Jormungand .I.Cy 
- Yeager Yggdrasil .G.Y
- Gigant Gaia .Q.F. 
- Zillion Zeus .I.W.

I like Beyblades that are flashy or have a "rare" look/feel to them, which is why I like all the random booster beys haha

Any recommendations?
Do you have Ebay.com or Amazon.com in your country? they have beyblades, but only buy takara-tomy[or hasbro, but takara is better] If not, get Zillion Zeus or Acid Annubis
I always think that everyone should get a R2 booster, mainly because of Gravity & Revolve, both very top tier parts, B-05 SHD too if you can find that one, has Heavy & Defense, also very top tier parts.
(Jun. 26, 2017  11:59 AM)chips556 Wrote: I always think that everyone should get a R2 booster, mainly because of Gravity & Revolve, both very top tier parts, B-05 SHD too if you can find that one, has Heavy & Defense, also very top tier parts.

yeah but the R2 layer kinda sucks
(Jun. 26, 2017  7:26 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: Based on your preference, Gigant Gaia, Jail Jormungand and Acid Anubis are good choices.
Besides, you can try some God layer systems such as Kreis Satan (has no significant weakness) and Tornado Wyvern (also a prize bey in random booster, and is very good at stamina and defense).

Thank you for your helpful reply!

I really love Acid Anubis, I think it looks sick (and I love its driver, too!). Is Jail Jormungand good, though? I remember ED145 wasn't all that great back in the day

I absolutely adore Tornado Wyvern because I love free-spinning gimmicks, and so far it's the only beyblade I know of that has a full free-spinning frame (Kreis Cygnus flashbacks D:<) 
I also like Kreis Satan, but I'm not that attracted to it so I'm currently waiting for newer, cooler beys.

By the way, what are your thoughts on Quad Quetzalcoatl, Yeager Yggdrasil and Legend Spriggan?

(Jun. 26, 2017  11:55 AM)Blader ZK7 Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2017  6:19 AM)S34_5O_N Wrote: Hello everyone!

I've gotten:

- Acid Anubis .Y.O. 
- Jail Jormungand .I.Cy 
- Yeager Yggdrasil .G.Y
- Gigant Gaia .Q.F. 
- Zillion Zeus .I.W.

Any recommendations?
Do you have Ebay.com or Amazon.com in your country? they have beyblades, but only buy takara-tomy[or hasbro, but takara is better] If not, get Zillion Zeus or Acid Annubis

I do, but shipping costs are extreme as our economy isn't doing that well Unhappy

hell yeah takara tomy for the win
I personally think Hasbro went to carp after the Metal Masters line, have you SEEN their recolors?

(Jun. 26, 2017  11:59 AM)chips556 Wrote: I always think that everyone should get a R2 booster, mainly because of Gravity & Revolve, both very top tier parts, B-05 SHD too if you can find that one, has Heavy & Defense, also very top tier parts.

I would if I had the budget, but I personally think that Rising Ragnaruk lacks the prestigious feel I was going for (I really like Blaze Ragnaruk, though, that thing is dope)
Same goes for any pre-dual layer system Beyblades (I'm sorry, I prioritize design as I'm more of a fun-but-strong Beyblade collector haha)
(Jun. 26, 2017  1:41 PM)S34_5O_N Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2017  7:26 AM)CrazyAries Wrote: Based on your preference, Gigant Gaia, Jail Jormungand and Acid Anubis are good choices.

I really love Acid Anubis, I think it looks sick (and I love its driver, too!). Is Jail Jormungand good, though? I remember ED145 wasn't all that great back in the day

I absolutely adore Tornado Wyvern because I love free-spinning gimmicks, and so far it's the only beyblade I know of that has a full free-spinning frame (Kreis Cygnus flashbacks D:<) 
I also like Kreis Satan, but I'm not that attracted to it so I'm currently waiting for newer, cooler beys.

By the way, what are your thoughts on Quad Quetzalcoatl, Yeager Yggdrasil and Legend Spriggan?

(Jun. 26, 2017  11:55 AM)Blader ZK7 Wrote: Do you have Ebay.com or Amazon.com in your country? they have beyblades, but only buy takara-tomy[or hasbro, but takara is better] If not, get Zillion Zeus or Acid Annubis

I do, but shipping costs are extreme as our economy isn't doing that well Unhappy

I personally think Hasbro went to carp after the Metal Masters line, have you SEEN their recolors?

I would if I had the budget, but I personally think that Rising Ragnaruk lacks the prestigious feel I was going for (I really like Blaze Ragnaruk, though, that thing is dope)
Same goes for any pre-dual layer system Beyblades (I'm sorry, I prioritize design as I'm more of a fun-but-strong Beyblade collector haha)
If you want to play competitively, those parts are sort of a must have
(Jun. 26, 2017  2:00 PM)chips556 Wrote:
(Jun. 26, 2017  1:41 PM)S34_5O_N Wrote: Thank you for your helpful reply!

If you want to play competitively, those parts are sort of a must have

Haha yeah I get you. I apologize, think I worded my initial post wrongly- I like good looking beyblades, I would prefer to get some which can be decently strong as well (I absolutely loved unlock unicorn's motif, but it kinda sucks except for the down disk maybe)

I don't really have any plans to play competitively, but I'd be totally down with competitions
(Jun. 26, 2017  1:41 PM)S34_5O_N Wrote:

(Jun. 26, 2017  11:55 AM)Blader ZK7 Wrote: Do you have Ebay.com or Amazon.com in your country? they have beyblades, but only buy takara-tomy[or hasbro, but takara is better] If not, get Zillion Zeus or Acid Annubis

Jail Jormungand is not a top beyblade, but it is a good choice for starter, since it is not bad in both stamina and defense. The driver Cy has similar gimmick with the ED145, but is very different in performance. Since Burst is not so heavy as the MFB series and al driver have similar height, if the driver can be heavier, it would be better for a bey to keep balance (and Cy is one of the heaviest driver now).
Wait, I though Weight was the heaviest driver
:0
Oops
use the purchase consultation thread
Thank you to everyone who replied! I will be moving to the purchase consultation thread as Sugoi-Konichewa suggested.

Hope yall have a nice day!