[Unanswered]  Getting Back into Beyblade

Hey all,

So I haven't bought any Beyblade or kept up to date on Beyblade news for about 6-7 years and I wanna get back into it. I know that the current run of beys (if that's still a relevant term) is Beyblade Burst, but I've only ever owned Beyblades from Metal Fusion, Masters, and a couple from Fury. My question is how are the burst Beyblades different from those beys of the era where Gingka was the protagonist and all of that stuff. Is it worth it to go back and get the older beys that are more expensive or are burst Beyblades just as good? Sorry if this thread is really similar to another one, but I didn't see any when I did a bit of light searching through this site.
So Beyblade Burst beyblades are currently made up of three main parts, Energy layer, Disk, and a Driver. They use those three parts to assemble one bey, when in battle if a beyblade gets hit out or stops spinning that's 1 point, if it bursts that's 2 points. I should add there are plastic frames for the weight disk. This format is kinda difficult for some at first, but after a while you'll get used to it! Make sure to search of videos about beyblade burst and watch the series.
(Apr. 06, 2019  11:40 PM)EdgyHercules Wrote: Hey all,

So I haven't bought any Beyblade or kept up to date on Beyblade news for about 6-7 years and I wanna get back into it. I know that the current run of beys (if that's still a relevant term) is Beyblade Burst, but I've only ever owned Beyblades from Metal Fusion, Masters, and a couple from Fury. My question is how are the burst Beyblades different from those beys of the era where Gingka was the protagonist and all of that stuff. Is it worth it to go back and get the older beys that are more expensive or are burst Beyblades just as good? Sorry if this thread is really similar to another one, but I didn't see any when I did a bit of light searching through this site.

if your talking about the anime its a lot more realistic, i mean there is no beyblade that shoots to space and comes crashing down to your beyblade.

I usually give completely new people the guide, but here you go.

Beyblade Burst is the third (official) series of Beyblades. They are named for their unique ability to burst, where they can fall apart during battle. Each one is made up of an Energy Layer (The top part of the bey. This is the part that comes into contact with another Beyblade.), a Forge Disc (The middle part that is made of metal. It gives a Beyblade a majority of its weight.), and a Performance Tip (The bottom part of a bey. It is what causes it to move and changes its stamina.). Every Beyblade has a type: Attack (Pretty self-explanatory, it uses attacks to beat an opponent. It loses to defense and defeats stamina.), Defense (Also pretty self-explanatory, it defends attacks. It loses to stamina types and defeats attack types), Stamina (Stamina types typically have high stamina, which means they can spin for a long time. They usually lose to attack types and defeat defense types.), and Balance (My personal favorite, balance types are jacks-of-all-trades but masters of none. They have some skill in each area, so they have less skill at attacking than attack types but they have more stamina and defense than attack types, and etc.). In order to read a beyblades name, it starts with the name of the Layer, then the disc, then the frame if it has one, and then the performance tip. For example Valtryek V2 Vertical Accel would have the Valtryek V2 Layer, the Vertical Disc, and the Accel driver.

There have been four different systems of Beyblade Burst: the Single Layer System (which was the weakest of all four systems, but also the first), the Dual Layer System (a direct continuation of the Single Layer System with a slight difference in layer design), the God Layer System (Hasbro calls it Switchstrike. God Beyblades all have unique gimmicks. For example, God Valkyrie features three spring-loaded wings for a “Bound Attack”. Also, they replaced Forge Discs with Core Discs that can attach new frames) and the Chouzetsu or Super Z or Cho-Z Layer System (Hasbro calls them the Slingshock beyblades. They all have metal on the layer and are all much stronger than any of the previous systems.).

At this point, you pretty much only want a Cho-Z bey. Hasbro screwed up and removed the metal, so you probably don’t want Hasbro. Hell Salamander has a very strong layer but it’s Disc is extremely light and it’s Tip has very poor stamina and balance, so if you buy it you’ll need other beyblades.

What to buy for someone who likes Attack types (Click to View)

What to buy for a Defense-type lover (Click to View)

What to Buy for a Stamina Person (Click to View)

What to Buy for a Balance Type Lover (Click to View)
At the time of this post, bey that uses the new GT system were released, where the layers are made up of 3 parts: the Gachi chip, the layer weight, and the layer base. There are also now forge discs that have gimmicks.
(Apr. 09, 2019  7:13 PM)Dt20000 Wrote:

I usually give completely new people the guide, but here you go.

Beyblade Burst is the third (official) series of Beyblades. They are named for their unique ability to burst, where they can fall apart during battle. Each one is made up of an Energy Layer (The top part of the bey. This is the part that comes into contact with another Beyblade.), a Forge Disc (The middle part that is made of metal. It gives a Beyblade a majority of its weight.), and a Performance Tip (The bottom part of a bey. It is what causes it to move and changes its stamina.). Every Beyblade has a type: Attack (Pretty self-explanatory, it uses attacks to beat an opponent. It loses to defense and defeats stamina.), Defense (Also pretty self-explanatory, it defends attacks. It loses to stamina types and defeats attack types), Stamina (Stamina types typically have high stamina, which means they can spin for a long time. They usually lose to attack types and defeat defense types.), and Balance (My personal favorite, balance types are jacks-of-all-trades but masters of none. They have some skill in each area, so they have less skill at attacking than attack types but they have more stamina and defense than attack types, and etc.). In order to read a beyblades name, it starts with the name of the Layer, then the disc, then the frame if it has one, and then the performance tip. For example Valtryek V2 Vertical Accel would have the Valtryek V2 Layer, the Vertical Disc, and the Accel driver.

There have been four different systems of Beyblade Burst: the Single Layer System (which was the weakest of all four systems, but also the first), the Dual Layer System (a direct continuation of the Single Layer System with a slight difference in layer design), the God Layer System (Hasbro calls it Switchstrike. God Beyblades all have unique gimmicks. For example, God Valkyrie features three spring-loaded wings for a “Bound Attack”. Also, they replaced Forge Discs with Core Discs that can attach new frames) and the Chouzetsu or Super Z or Cho-Z Layer System (Hasbro calls them the Slingshock beyblades. They all have metal on the layer and are all much stronger than any of the previous systems.).

At this point, you pretty much only want a Cho-Z bey. Hasbro screwed up and removed the metal, so you probably don’t want Hasbro. Hell Salamander has a very strong layer but it’s Disc is extremely light and it’s Tip has very poor stamina and balance, so if you buy it you’ll need other beyblades.

What to buy for someone who likes Attack types (Click to View)

What to buy for a Defense-type lover (Click to View)

What to Buy for a Stamina Person (Click to View)

What to Buy for a Balance Type Lover (Click to View)

The Light Disc issue also applies to quite a lot of Chouzetsu series beys like Winning Valkyrie and Z achilles which are both relatively good attack layers if a good Disc and driver combo are used.