[Unanswered]  Delete

Jokes has better teeth actually, compared to a few. Valkyrie got great teeth, but only 2 of them.
Of course there are big differences. The Heaven Pegasus GT chip has low teeth. There is a "recovery" gimmick which turns the underlaying layer to pop up "wings" but that doesn't save the bey, according to youtubers.

So changing GT chips will make sense, and that is what TT wanted to achieve with the new system.
(Oct. 09, 2019  6:15 AM)Kosura Wrote:
(Oct. 08, 2019  8:45 AM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: Of course there are big differences. The Heaven Pegasus GT chip has low teeth. There is a "recovery" gimmick which turns the underlaying layer to pop up "wings" but that doesn't save the bey, according to youtubers.

So changing GT chips will make sense, and that is what TT wanted to achieve with the new system.

It's not really a good idea to make differences like this.
I can understand it for beys with gimmicks, like Pegasus but other than those, making some of them weaker than others will make it so that some will just not see any play whatsoever.
Look at older ones like Crash Ragnaruk which didn't even get a chance with the weak teeth it was given.
Making them all the same would at least give them a somewhat fair chance.

Dofferent does not immediately mean better or worse though. Most of the teeth are not designed to be weaker or stronger than the other. They have different properties, giving players more customization options.

-Dragon/Fafnir has 3 regular teeth
-Valkyrie/Longinus only has 2 teeth, but pretty tall
-Joker has 3 teeth, the first teeth being strongest and the last 2 are weaker
-Hydra has 3 teeth, the last teeth being the strongest and the first 2 are weaker
-Ashura/Bahamut has weak teeth since they alternate between left and right, but it gives them 6 clicks
-Union has 4 teeth, in order being weak, strong, weak, strong

Sure, some chips might be a bit mediocre or gimmicky (looking at you Pegasus), but the rest of the chips are *theoretically* balanced, and the usage may vary based on the player's preference, adding an extra layer to customization.

Example: Ashura's 6 clicks make it seem weak, but it turns out with a dash driver they actually work pretty well. Its also a good choice for Judgment since the small distance between clicks make sure the disk stays on the rubber burst stopper longer.
Anyone else have Wizard Fafnir? My Fafnir chip has, like a defect that makes it burst even easier than normal

Anyone know how to fix it?
(Oct. 09, 2019  11:00 AM)FlameSaramanda Wrote: Anyone else have Wizard Fafnir? My Fafnir chip has, like a defect that makes it burst even easier than normal

Anyone know how to fix it?

Wizard Fafnir has very weak burst resistance. Its not the fafnir chip, but the Wizard Base. Takara Tomy makes almost every stamina/defense layer base to have weaker burst resistance by "shortening" the chip teeth, and Wizard is hit pretty badly with the nerf

Another layer base with similar problem is Dread
(Oct. 08, 2019  6:42 AM)Kosura Wrote: The BB-GT beys now have gachi chips, which just like bit beasts and face bolts from back in the day, are completely interchangeable with one another.
However unlike those, the Gachi chips have teeth and are a main part of the locking mechanism.
Which makes me curious whether or not the difference between chips is big or not?

I often hear, this bey doesn't have great teeth, better use different parts or for GT, better change up the Gachi Chip.
One example coming to mind is Judgement Joker, in which the Joker Chip apparently has quite the weak teeth.

It actually the bars on the layer base that determine the tightness, not the GT chip. The GT chip determines how many teeth there are. Ex: the Dread layer base has horrendous bars making it almost impossible to use without Gen. Zwei has good bars and heavy weight, making it the best choice for left attack
(Oct. 08, 2019  7:34 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Jokes has better teeth actually, compared to a few. Valkyrie got great teeth, but only 2 of them.

Valkyrie is one of if not the worst chip.
(Oct. 09, 2019  3:12 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 08, 2019  7:34 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Jokes has better teeth actually, compared to a few. Valkyrie got great teeth, but only 2 of them.

Valkyrie is one of if not the worst chip.

If that were the case, people would not be using it competitively. It may be riskier than other GT chips to use due to the pressure put on the tall teeth, but that does not make Valkyrie one of the worst.
(Oct. 09, 2019  12:19 PM)henwooja1 Wrote:
(Oct. 08, 2019  6:42 AM)Kosura Wrote: The BB-GT beys now have gachi chips, which just like bit beasts and face bolts from back in the day, are completely interchangeable with one another.
However unlike those, the Gachi chips have teeth and are a main part of the locking mechanism.
Which makes me curious whether or not the difference between chips is big or not?

I often hear, this bey doesn't have great teeth, better use different parts or for GT, better change up the Gachi Chip.
One example coming to mind is Judgement Joker, in which the Joker Chip apparently has quite the weak teeth.

It actually the bars on the layer base that determine the tightness, not the GT chip. The GT chip determines how many teeth there are. Ex: the Dread layer base has horrendous bars making it almost impossible to use without Gen. Zwei has good bars and heavy weight, making it the best choice for left attack
I think Judgement Dragon would be tighter than Judgement Pegasus(same layer base, different sized teeth).
(Oct. 09, 2019  3:39 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2019  3:12 PM)bladekid Wrote: Valkyrie is one of if not the worst chip.

If that were the case, people would not be using it competitively. It may be riskier than other GT chips to use due to the pressure put on the tall teeth, but that does not make Valkyrie one of the worst.

I think the reason that Valkyrie gets so much use competitively is because people see the large, thick tooth and automatically go "oh, this must make it super hard to burst" when in reality that's not the case. It takes the same amount of force to get to the bottom of that tooth as it does for a normal thickness tooth of the same height, and the thick underside of that tooth means you are basically replacing half of the chip's tooth space for a flat Hasbro slope. I don't have very many GT chips but I've found that on both Wizard and Zwei, Fafnir bursts considerably less than Longinus, and Ashura is still a popular right spin chip among competitive players as well.

EDIT: Here's also some rough statistics of how much each chip is used by the top 3 in tournaments if anyone's interested:
  1. Diabolos (39)
  2. Spriggan (25)
  3. Longinus (18)
  4. Valkyrie/Joker (15)
  5. Bahamut/Ashura (10)
  6. Fafnir (9)
  7. Dragon (7)
  8. Pegasus (2)
  9. Hydra/Achilles (0)

Diabolos is the most popular by far, probably bc of its weight and dual spin ability. I'd like to chalk up Longinus/Joker's popularity due to people just using the Layers in their stock configuration, similarly to what I think is happening with Spriggan.
(Oct. 09, 2019  3:39 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2019  3:12 PM)bladekid Wrote: Valkyrie is one of if not the worst chip.

No, people are using it because it's the heaviest and on bases like judgement and Lord because the burst risk isn't there. Both ashura and dragon have much better burst Resistance than Valkyrie.
(Oct. 09, 2019  7:38 PM)Kosura Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2019  12:01 PM)eigerblade Wrote: Wizard Fafnir has very weak burst resistance. Its not the fafnir chip, but the Wizard Base. Takara Tomy makes almost every stamina/defense layer base to have weaker burst resistance by "shortening" the chip teeth, and Wizard is hit pretty badly with the nerf

Not to be rude but this seems kind of contradict your previous comment a bit.

I do know that different doesn't always mean bad and that some might work better (worse) depending on the parts used alongside it.
But it's clear that some are just overall better. Hence why a "meta" is a thing and makes competitive play not just repetitive but boring because of it.

(Oct. 09, 2019  12:19 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: It actually the bars on the layer base that determine the tightness, not the GT chip. The GT chip determines how many teeth there are. Ex: the Dread layer base has horrendous bars making it almost impossible to use without Gen. Zwei has good bars and heavy weight, making it the best choice for left attack

I don't think I understand what you mean with "the bars" on the layer.
If possible could you show it alongside an image?

Which part contradicts which part? I said that the weak burst resistance is caused by the Wizard base, not the Fafnir chip.

The layer base affects how much teeth of the chip will be exposed. Wizard and Dread has weaker burst resistance than Zwei even if you attach the exact same chip
(Oct. 09, 2019  7:38 PM)Kosura Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2019  12:01 PM)eigerblade Wrote: Wizard Fafnir has very weak burst resistance. Its not the fafnir chip, but the Wizard Base. Takara Tomy makes almost every stamina/defense layer base to have weaker burst resistance by "shortening" the chip teeth, and Wizard is hit pretty badly with the nerf

Not to be rude but this seems kind of contradict your previous comment a bit.

I do know that different doesn't always mean bad and that some might work better (worse) depending on the parts used alongside it.
But it's clear that some are just overall better. Hence why a "meta" is a thing and makes competitive play not just repetitive but boring because of it.

(Oct. 09, 2019  12:19 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: It actually the bars on the layer base that determine the tightness, not the GT chip. The GT chip determines how many teeth there are. Ex: the Dread layer base has horrendous bars making it almost impossible to use without Gen. Zwei has good bars and heavy weight, making it the best choice for left attack

I don't think I understand what you mean with "the bars" on the layer.
If possible could you show it alongside an image?
Not to be rude, but you sound like you have never seen or use a GT bey, which is why you keep giving mistaken assumptions about the "meta".

GT chip use is quite balanced, as proven with Wombat's statistic above. The biggest outlier is Diaboros which is heavy and Spriggan which is the only dual spin chip available for lord. The rest of the chip are quite varied in use, compared to layer bases. A lot of people will have different answers when asked which one between Valkyrie/Joker/Dragon/Ashura is best.
(Oct. 10, 2019  4:36 AM)Kosura Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2019  12:59 AM)Moggeroo Wrote: Not to be rude, but you sound like you have never seen or use a GT bey, which is why you keep giving mistaken assumptions about the "meta".

GT chip use is quite balanced, as proven with Wombat's statistic above. The biggest outlier is Diaboros which is heavy and Spriggan which is the only dual spin chip available for lord. The rest of the chip are quite varied in use, compared to layer bases. A lot of people will have different answers when asked which one between Valkyrie/Joker/Dragon/Ashura is best.

I'm not sure you know what "meta" means.
Last tournament results (that I saw at least) was practically a bunch of clones playing against each other.
Different bladers, obviously, but practically the same beys.

Aside from that, I actually do have a number (if not all, I think I only miss ashura) of GT beys.
But I ended up only using Lord Spriggan, since he has everything my other "favorite" beys have.
Which means I don't need to damage my other ones and I can use Spriggan as if I was playing any of the others.
The only "problem", if you can call it that, is that I can't change the weight within the Lord layer. 
That's a personal thing however, I just would've loved the extra customization option Grin

PS: no tournaments where I live and only have my lil bros to play against. Which is why the topic came to be.
I don't really have a way to test it for myself.

This is the problem, you claim to know some parts are better because you see them often on the winning list, but you don't know why the parts are used in the first place. You don't even know how some layer bases have weaker burst resistance by shortening teeth, because you only ever used Lord

Again, as already mentioned, Diaboros and Spriggan are the most popular chips to use due to particular reasons besides teeth strength (Diaboros for the weight, Spriggan because of only dual spin on Lord). Besides those two, the other chips are fairly balanced in number of uses.

The fact is, a lot of experienced players still differ between their favorite chip. Some swear by Valkyrie's tall teeth, some prefer Dragon, and others prefer Ashura with dash drivers. This is proof that the objectively "better" chips are not so easy to determine as you claim
(Oct. 09, 2019  7:38 PM)Kosura Wrote: I do know that different doesn't always mean bad and that some might work better (worse) depending on the parts used alongside it.

You exactly said that "it's clear that some are just overall better". No IF

I was not trying to be aggressive, and you're the one who first said I don't know what meta means. If you feel attacked by someone correcting you, then its a shame.
Just gonna say, I think Valkyrie and longinus are very useful on lord with a dash driver. And judgement for Valkyrie.

Just an opinion...
IMO, Hydra is the best chip for Judgment X’/ Qc’. It seems to pair up the best with the burst stopper, and it seems to burst less than other right spin chips on Judgment, such as Dragon, Valkrie, and Ashura.
(Oct. 10, 2019  5:48 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: IMO, Hydra is the best chip for Judgment X’/ Qc’. It seems to pair up the best with the burst stopper, and it seems to burst less than other right spin chips on Judgment, such as Dragon, Valkrie, and Ashura.

Even better than something like Achilles? Achilles is like Ashura, but better.
(Oct. 10, 2019  6:53 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2019  5:48 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: IMO, Hydra is the best chip for Judgment X’/ Qc’. It seems to pair up the best with the burst stopper, and it seems to burst less than other right spin chips on Judgment, such as Dragon, Valkrie, and Ashura.

Even better than something like Achilles? Achilles is like Ashura, but better.
Ashura/ Achilles might skip teeth, but with Hydra on Judgment, there is no risk of that, and therefore, less risk of bursting.
Lemme get this straight(and correct me if I'm wrong}:
Longinus = Left Spin Valkyrie
Fafnir = Left Spin Dragon
Bahamut = Left Spin Ashura
Pegasus = Reverse Joker
Spriggan, Diabolos, and Achilles are unique