[Unanswered]  Function of God chip

This might be an obvious answer, but what IS the function of God chips?
Standard god chips are largely asthetic, metal god chips add extra weight to a layer, and the strike god chip (which only works with god valkyrie) adds weight and disables gV's gimmick, making it more agressive. Due to small manufacturing differences some god chips can be slightly tighter or looser than others, but this is largely random and I'd suggest mixing/matching your chips with your layers to see which fit chips fit tightest with which layers.
(May. 05, 2018  4:55 AM)XYZ-Jaden Wrote: Standard god chips are largely asthetic, metal god chips add extra weight to a layer, and the strike god chip (which only works with god valkyrie) adds weight and disables gV's gimmick, making it more agressive. Due to small manufacturing differences some god chips can be slightly tighter or looser than others, but this is largely random and I'd suggest mixing/matching your chips with your layers to see which fit chips fit tightest with which layers.

Precisely, The A mold is the tightest.
(May. 05, 2018  8:32 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: Precisely, The A mold is the tightest.

That seems to be up for debate. There was a breakdown that showed that perhaps it's just that certain chips are a certain shape, that having A# in particular wasn't necessarily the best. A# chips can also be loose and looser than other chips.

Very interesting read here:

(Apr. 04, 2018  7:23 AM)Wombat Wrote: RE: God Chips

This is a few weeks late, but I wanted to make a companion video (though I only showed the first 10 rounds of each test to not bore viewers, it was mainly to show the procedure) to it. Also bigger projects like this take some time between planning them/actually doing them and then typing up this whole big post.

Measurements (Click to View)

As you can see in the video I used Guardian Kerbeus Knuckle Yielding and Victory Valkyrie Heavy Flugel as my control combos - both were balance tuned to the best of my ability (my gK doesn't balance very well with any competitive-ish Stamina setups aside from gK.8.Br, and I tried a whole bunch of V2.H/K/7.R/S/C/G/Fl setups but my only mold 3 V2 didn't balance too well with any of them). Used the Hasbro Dual Threat Launcher and B-09 Stadium, with gK always launched first, both combos were launched at around 85-90% power.

Results:

bR-Guardian Kerbeus Knuckle Yielding (tight-fitting A# chip) vs. Victory Valkyrie Heavy Flugel
Num teeth skipped per round (Click to View)
Average teeth skipped: 1.75

sX-Guardian Kerbeus Knuckle Yielding (loose-fitting A# chip) vs. Victory Valkyrie Heavy Flugel
Average teeth skipped: 2.65

dC-Guardian Kerbeus Knuckle Yielding (tight-fitting non-A# chip) vs. Victory Valkyrie Heavy Flugel
Average teeth skipped: 2.1

gK-Guardian Kerbeus Knuckle Yielding (loose-fitting non-A# chip) vs. Victory Valkyrie Heavy Flugel
Average teeth skipped: 2.4

So overall, it seems like the fairest conclusion to draw from this testing at least is that having a God Chip that fits tightly in your Layer is more important than having specifically an A# chip, but if you happen to have one that is both a tight fit and an A#, that one might be the best choice. This might be a little skewed however, as the chip that subjectively felt tightest on gK was A#, so I might make a part 2 later using Twin Nemesis, where my C# Ark Bahamut chip feels the tightest, to see if the A# chip would still cause it to burst less.
(May. 05, 2018  9:50 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(May. 05, 2018  8:32 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: Precisely, The A mold is the tightest.

That seems to be up for debate. There was a breakdown that showed that perhaps it's just that certain chips are a certain shape, that having A# in particular wasn't necessarily the best. A# chips can also be loose and looser than other chips.

Very interesting read here:

(Apr. 04, 2018  7:23 AM)Wombat Wrote: RE: God Chips

This is a few weeks late, but I wanted to make a companion video (though I only showed the first 10 rounds of each test to not bore viewers, it was mainly to show the procedure) to it. Also bigger projects like this take some time between planning them/actually doing them and then typing up this whole big post.

Measurements (Click to View)

As you can see in the video I used Guardian Kerbeus Knuckle Yielding and Victory Valkyrie Heavy Flugel as my control combos - both were balance tuned to the best of my ability (my gK doesn't balance very well with any competitive-ish Stamina setups aside from gK.8.Br, and I tried a whole bunch of V2.H/K/7.R/S/C/G/Fl setups but my only mold 3 V2 didn't balance too well with any of them). Used the Hasbro Dual Threat Launcher and B-09 Stadium, with gK always launched first, both combos were launched at around 85-90% power.

Results:

bR-Guardian Kerbeus Knuckle Yielding (tight-fitting A# chip) vs. Victory Valkyrie Heavy Flugel
Average teeth skipped: 1.75

sX-Guardian Kerbeus Knuckle Yielding (loose-fitting A# chip) vs. Victory Valkyrie Heavy Flugel
Average teeth skipped: 2.65

dC-Guardian Kerbeus Knuckle Yielding (tight-fitting non-A# chip) vs. Victory Valkyrie Heavy Flugel
Average teeth skipped: 2.1

gK-Guardian Kerbeus Knuckle Yielding (loose-fitting non-A# chip) vs. Victory Valkyrie Heavy Flugel
Average teeth skipped: 2.4

So overall, it seems like the fairest conclusion to draw from this testing at least is that having a God Chip that fits tightly in your Layer is more important than having specifically an A# chip, but if you happen to have one that is both a tight fit and an A#, that one might be the best choice. This might be a little skewed however, as the chip that subjectively felt tightest on gK was A#, so I might make a part 2 later using Twin Nemesis, where my C# Ark Bahamut chip feels the tightest, to see if the A# chip would still cause it to burst less.

This is also because of the spring strength (of the driver) that determines the tightness like for some people, their Orbits have tight springs (in some molds) and testing has shown that if you keep your parts desembled then the springs will conserve their tightness... (I can't find the thread so I didn't quote it but I'll see if I can find it then I'll add that...)
(May. 06, 2018  6:48 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: This is also because of the spring strength (of the driver) that determines the tightness like for some people, their Orbits have tight springs (in some molds) and testing has shown that if you keep your parts desembled then the springs will conserve their tightness... (I can't find the thread so I didn't quote it but I'll see if I can find it then I'll add that...)

Drivers are a separate factor worth considering, yes. Each part plays a role in the tightness.

I am not aware of anyone else testing if keeping parts assembled weakens the springs. I saw claims of it and did testing myself, and my results saw no discernable difference. Signs seem to more strongly point to inconsistencies in releases, from what I saw.
(May. 06, 2018  7:06 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(May. 06, 2018  6:48 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: This is also because of the spring strength (of the driver) that determines the tightness like for some people, their Orbits have tight springs (in some molds) and testing has shown that if you keep your parts desembled then the springs will conserve their tightness... (I can't find the thread so I didn't quote it but I'll see if I can find it then I'll add that...)

Drivers are a separate factor worth considering, yes. Each part plays a role in the tightness.

I am not aware of anyone else testing if assembling parts weakens the springs. I saw claims of it and did testing myself, and my results saw no discernable difference. Signs seem to more strongly point to inconsistencies in releases, from what I saw.
Well I lost my Trans for a while and the springs stayed strong if not became stronger...
(May. 06, 2018  7:11 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: Well I lost my Trans for a while and the springs stayed strong if not became stronger...

Not sure what to make of that? I'm saying, I can see no difference between the drivers I had assembled in Beyblades long-term and those that were really new and didn't sit an assembled state.

So in the same vane, the springs would stay the same in a driver that was not used (for any period of time). My point is that it seems to show it doesn't matter.

If you want to keep things unassembled to be sure, that's fine. We don't know the quality of the springs, which would be the reason for any degrading over keeping assembled. But I've yet to see anyone say a driver actually loosened over time, just that the bottoms wore down or the like.

But yeah, to be safe, it is fair to keep them disassembled. (I really think it's just more convenient storage-wise.) But all the claims I've come across for weakening over time seem to be comparison tests to other drivers, which has the factor that the drivers never had the same tightness to begin with.

This was my thread:  https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Answere...-Tightness

But yeah, to bring this back around to topic, God Chips seem to play a role in the tightness of a Beyblade's parts, too. But we seem to have some differing stances on how that works, as I think it has less research/attention than the drivers. I would like to see if people can confirm that certain God Chips are better for certain layers and whatnot, mold numbers aside.
Chocked_2 Boy, did I open a flood gate or what? Anyways, I got the answer I was looking for but I have a new one. If the god chip is loose, is there a way to keep it secure it without having to modify with an adhesive. I know that's cheating, but it just seems too loose for my liking. Finally, as I have been learning the tournament rules, I noticed that for garuda the god chip ruling. How does the god chip effect it differently from the others?
(May. 06, 2018  8:38 AM)Clfjmpr Wrote: Chocked_2 Boy, did I open a flood gate or what? Anyways, I got the answer I was looking for but I have a new one. If the god chip is loose, is there a way to keep it secure it without having to modify with an adhesive. I know that's cheating, but it just seems too loose for my liking. Finally, as I have been learning the tournament rules, I noticed that for garuda the god chip ruling. How does the god chip effect it differently from the others?

Well for one thing, Garuda is large and round with barely any points where it could be easily pushed. That combined with a tight god chip makes it unburstable and the best defensive layer in the game.
Ok, that's a good answer! So, this is with just garuda because it can have an unfair effect to the game. That is good to know. Thanks so much.
(May. 06, 2018  8:38 AM)Clfjmpr Wrote: If the god chip is loose, is there a way to keep it secure it without having to modify with an adhesive. I know that's cheating, but it just seems too loose for my liking.

Nope. All you can do is try a different God Chip and see if it's tighter.

From Wombat's findings, different God Chips may fit better in different layers.
Adding adhesive is similar to this way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ycyM_y4TCg&t=1m31s

Shoving petal into layer's hole.

Made me laughing a lot, but still good to know what to check on opponent's beyblade at tournament. Obviously not allowed.