[Unanswered]  Beyblade metal polish

In the past when I have bought beyblades, they start off shiny and after a while the fusion wheel turns into this grey, dull colour (not rust). How can I prevent this so it stays shiny?
Its stain, which happens on the kind of alloy used in beyblades and other utensils.
You can remove it with metal polish (more effective), or using aluminum foil, salt, vinegar, and warm water (time consuming, difficult, and not as effective as polish).

Its difficult to prevent it from happening especially if you use the beys to play, as the sweat, grime, and other naturally accumulated dirt from your fingers are the main cause. You can try using gloves while handling the bey but its so tedious.
A more extreme measure would be coating the bey in some sort of protective chemical like silicone spray or a gloss topcoat (which would break the rules if I'm not mistaken).
(Feb. 16, 2020  4:13 PM)eigerblade Wrote: A more extreme measure would be coating the bey in some sort of protective chemical like silicone spray or a gloss topcoat (which would break the rules if I'm not mistaken).

It would indeed break the rules. Applying a spray or coating would affect the weight and the contact between beys, and beys undergoing such alterations would not be permitted at WBO events.
I managed to clean a disc which I bought used and which was terribly looking.

It was dark grey. After I used metal polish and a microfiber cloth it looked brighter.

After another 5 minutes of polishing just with the cloth with residues of the paste, while watching TV, its shining as new.

[Image: 20200222-195225.jpg]
(Feb. 22, 2020  9:13 PM)Me-has-Bro Wrote: I Manager to clean a disc which I bought used and was terribly looking.

It was dark grey. After I used metal polish and a microfiber cloth it looked brighter.

After another 5 minutes of polishing just with the cloth with its residues of the paste, while watching TV, its shining as new.

[Image: 20200222-195225.jpg]

It is best not to click the picture, it has a malicious redirect (postimg.cc -> Redirect)
Lilphilyb, thats just an image Hoster...

If every redirect would be bad, than the internet would have a problem...
It's either manually hand polishing the disc with a microfiber cloth and keeping the disc in a dry, cool environment or using metal polish as seen from above if it gets too dull.

And I wouldn't call that redirect malicious.  I usually use the direct imgur link into the "insert picture" that includes the .jpg/.gif/.bmp/.png format in it.  If the image is too big, sometimes I resize it manually so that it doesn't take up a lot of the page.
Ok, Breaker, thank You. I did it the same way. Now it's just a photograph without link. I found the link useful to open a higher resolution version, but it's not necessary.
paint it with clear nail polish but might mess up paint
(Feb. 24, 2020  7:03 AM)Ocky122 Wrote: paint it with clear nail polish but might mess up paint

Stop over posting please, also Idk if it is allowed to paint on the metal