[Unanswered]  Delete

Get yourself a judgment joker, it looks great and is pure chaos. Maybe a Hell Salamander or Perfect Phoenix.
Cho-Z Beys are nowhere near their end in the competitive scene. Some good releases to get you back on your feet are the Cho-Z Triple Battle Set (If you don't already have Bearing and Atomic), Hell Salamander, Revive Phoenix, Dead Phoenix (if you don't have Atomic and choose to buy Revive Phoenix as well), Shadow αmaterios (may destroy your budget, but worth it for the Xtreme' Driver's really tight spring), and Wizard Fafnir (Yes, a GT Beyblade, but it's pretty good).
Get maybe Cho z Spriggan or Valkyrie for Cho Z. Might be better to wait for GT beys, but wait until a good one comes, like Zwei Longinus. If you don't want to wait for GT get the random booster. You might get storm Pegasus

But the other beys in it are pretty good
If you can only go for one Beyblade pack, I'd say you should go with:

Revive Phoenix for the great R launcher, layer and disk (friction driver is okay but not godly)
eBay listing: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Takara-Tomy-...SwzU5bca1W

Cho Z Achilles because it's one of best 3 attack layers, 00 disk is great and it comes with an LR Launcher
eBay listing: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Takara-Tomy-...ctupt=true

Geist Fafnir you mentioned before that you like the Fafnir line. While it is outclassed and has a high recoil shape, Geist Fafnir can still spin steal, looks really nice, and is a pretty fun bey. The launcher it comes with isn't the strongest, but most of the time you won't need to launch anyways
(Jun. 02, 2019  1:47 AM)neoshai Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2019  1:31 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Cho-Z Beys are nowhere near their end in the competitive scene. Some good releases to get you back on your feet are the Cho-Z Triple Battle Set (If you don't already have Bearing and Atomic), Hell Salamander, Revive Phoenix, Dead Phoenix (if you don't have Atomic and choose to buy Revive Phoenix as well), Shadow αmaterios (may destroy your budget, but worth it for the Xtreme' Driver's really tight spring), and Wizard Fafnir (Yes, a GT Beyblade, but it's pretty good).

I don't think budget is as much of an issue as is me not wanting to actually waste money on something I might be able to use twice.
I only have my lil bro's to blade with and they don't really blade that often. They'd go for like a round or 2 but lose interest after that.
Even tho they're the ones that got me into Burst. I guess it actually requiring physical "exercise" is what makes them to play so little since they both go straight to pc/switch/etc afterwards. I don't have any friends my age that are even remotely interested in it but given my age, I suppose that's somewhat normal.
That aside, I do have an Atomic driver, held onto that one. 
And even tho I'm a huge fan of the fafnir "series", it's kind of a love/hate thing.
Since most matches against right spins end up kind of lame with you barely outlasting your opponent and most of the time losing to left spin stamina/defense types. 
At least that's how it was with drain fafnir, never really used geist so I can't say much there. 

PS: with the Cho-Z beys, I meant that they were at the end of their releases for that series of beys/system

(Jun. 02, 2019  1:45 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: Get maybe Cho z Spriggan or Valkyrie for Cho Z. Might be better to wait for GT beys, but wait until a good one comes, like Zwei Longinus. If you don't want to wait for GT get the random booster. You might get storm Pegasus

But the other beys in it are pretty good

Here's a fun fact, while I think that the metal series beys are the best when it comes to actually using them in "battle", I'm not a fan of the series so I honestly don't care much about storm Pegasus XD

I've also been rather disappointed by the Longinus series of beys. I had Lost Longinus which I liked but kind of got destroyed in more ways than just losing matches.
The Nightmare Longinus I have is as I said, one that seems to have the smoothest teeth in the world and Bloody Longinus (which I did have for a bit) was the biggest disappointment in the entire line and a definite step back from nL. So you can understand my skepticism when it comes to Zwei.

But speaking of Spriggan, is Requiem still a thing or has that one been long "dethroned"?
Never really been a fan of Spriggan or Valkyrie but maybe I need to own 1 before I completely write them off.
Unlike the plastic gen, Burst beys have little personality to get "attached/attracted" too, I feel like (metal series was worse tho).

I feel like I'm just shoving off everything everyone says, I'm sorry, it's a bad habit Unhappy

Lol. Requiem is still really good. It has a lot of good options for customization when it comes to parts and strategy since it can use dual spin, and it can spin steal.
(Jun. 02, 2019  1:47 AM)neoshai Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2019  1:31 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Cho-Z Beys are nowhere near their end in the competitive scene. Some good releases to get you back on your feet are the Cho-Z Triple Battle Set (If you don't already have Bearing and Atomic), Hell Salamander, Revive Phoenix, Dead Phoenix (if you don't have Atomic and choose to buy Revive Phoenix as well), Shadow αmaterios (may destroy your budget, but worth it for the Xtreme' Driver's really tight spring), and Wizard Fafnir (Yes, a GT Beyblade, but it's pretty good).

I don't think budget is as much of an issue as is me not wanting to actually waste money on something I might be able to use twice.
I only have my lil bro's to blade with and they don't really blade that often. They'd go for like a round or 2 but lose interest after that.
Even tho they're the ones that got me into Burst. I guess it actually requiring physical "exercise" is what makes them to play so little since they both go straight to pc/switch/etc afterwards. I don't have any friends my age that are even remotely interested in it but given my age, I suppose that's somewhat normal.
That aside, I do have an Atomic driver, held onto that one. 
And even tho I'm a huge fan of the fafnir "series", it's kind of a love/hate thing.
Since most matches against right spins end up kind of lame with you barely outlasting your opponent and most of the time losing to left spin stamina/defense types. 
At least that's how it was with drain fafnir, never really used geist so I can't say much there. 

PS: with the Cho-Z beys, I meant that they were at the end of their releases for that series of beys/system

Well, if you prefer a same-spin matchup in battles and don't plan on going to tournaments, you should probably get Beys like Cho-Z Achilles, Shadow αmaterios, and Revive Phoenix. If you do plan on going to tournaments and still want to be in as many same-spin matchups, you might want to get Hell Salamander as well as Dead Phoenix alongside the other Beys I listed. Honestly, I also get bored with pure Stamina matches, which is why I love Cho-Z Achilles so much. Its contact points are very aggressive, which allow it to end a match with a bang. I like using it on Destroy because it adds an extra lifeline in case its initial attacks weren't enough and it needs to try to outspin its opponent. As for the problem of having no one to battle with, at least you're in a better position than me. I'm an only child and I don't have many friends that play Beyblade. The two people that I battle with most often are my 9-year-old friend that treats me like a cousin and a friend that's in Freshman year of High School with me. I barely ever get to battle with them, so I just have to launch two Beys one after the other. Plus, if you want to battle with people frequently, try to go to tournaments. The people I've met in my only two tournaments so far (going to one tomorrow as well) are really fun to be around unless they get salty very easily. Sure, things can get tense during tournament matches, but that's what makes them so much more interesting than matches with siblings, friends, or with yourself.
(Jun. 02, 2019  2:17 AM)neoshai Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2019  2:03 AM)leosama Wrote: If you can only go for one Beyblade pack, I'd say you should go with:

Revive Phoenix for the great R launcher, layer and disk (friction driver is okay but not godly)
eBay listing: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Takara-Tomy-...SwzU5bca1W

Cho Z Achilles because it's one of best 3 attack layers, 00 disk is great and it comes with an LR Launcher

Geist Fafnir you mentioned before that you like the Fafnir line. While it is outclassed and has a high recoil shape, Geist Fafnir can still spin steal, looks really nice, and is a pretty fun bey. The launcher it comes with isn't the strongest, but most of the time you won't need to launch anyways

Revive Phoenix (or Perfect Phoenix) seems to still be high on most people's lists.
A bit passive for me but the loose springing disk might be fun to play around with.

Is Cho-Z Achilles any good tho? The only thing I've heard from it is that it's quite loose (in stock form). But maybe that just rng ... since I didn't hear that many complaints about nL back in the day Uncertain

(Jun. 02, 2019  2:05 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: Lol. Requiem is still really good. It has a lot of good options for customization when it comes to parts and strategy since it can use dual spin, and it can spin steal.

Does cho-z spriggan still have the dual spin?
I know spin stealing can be a great thing but I feel like having it as the "main" focus on a bey is a bit too boring.
At least that's how my experience with it has been. Fun and cool the first time(s) around but really boring after some time.

Even if it's loose in stock form, the layer will still back you up with the cho-z awakening. the awakening prevents bursts so tightness isnt a worry, but only if you can get your shoot power high enough to activate the gimmick. 

and the 00 disk is usually the top choice for the best combos in the deck (i.e pP 00 Xt+)

choS still has dual spin, but has lost the rubber spin stealing. The main thing that makes up for it is the cho-z awakening (like achilles, activated through high spin speeds)
(Jun. 02, 2019  2:25 AM)neoshai Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2019  2:08 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Well, if you prefer a same-spin matchup in battles and don't plan on going to tournaments, you should probably get Beys like Cho-Z Achilles, Shadow αmaterios, and Revive Phoenix. If you do plan on going to tournaments and still want to be in as many same-spin matchups, you might want to get Hell Salamander as well as Dead Phoenix alongside the other Beys I listed. Honestly, I also get bored with pure Stamina matches, which is why I love Cho-Z Achilles so much. Its contact points are very aggressive, which allow it to end a match with a bang. I like using it on Destroy because it adds an extra lifeline in case its initial attacks weren't enough and it needs to try to outspin its opponent. As for the problem of having no one to battle with, at least you're in a better position than me. I'm an only child and I don't have many friends that play Beyblade. The two people that I battle with most often are my 9-year-old friend that treats me like a cousin and a friend that's in Freshman year of High School with me. I barely ever get to battle with them, so I just have to launch two Beys one after the other. Plus, if you want to battle with people frequently, try to go to tournaments. The people I've met in my only two tournaments so far (going to one tomorrow as well) are really fun to be around unless they get salty very easily. Sure, things can get tense during tournament matches, but that's what makes them so much more interesting than matches with siblings, friends, or with yourself.

I'm surprisingly not really a competitive person but I still want a fair match nonetheless. I've build pretty solid combos for my lil bros with the beys they have but I don't really have anything anymore myself.
Hence the topic. I want to get something that I don't have to toss aside once the next waves of beys come along.

I haven't seen any tournaments pop-up here in Belgium either so that's a thing.
Not to mention, I'm a bit old to take part in a tournament filled with kids.

PS: I live alone, so I can only really go up against them when I go for a visit and they're home AND they actually feel like lifting up their lazy asses away from their pc/switch/etc.

(Jun. 02, 2019  2:22 AM)leosama Wrote: Even if it's loose in stock form, the layer will still back you up with the cho-z awakening. the awakening prevents bursts so tightness isnt a worry, but only if you can get your shoot power high enough to activate the gimmick. 

and the 00 disk is usually the top choice for the best combos in the deck (i.e pP 00 Xt+)

choS still has dual spin, but has lost the rubber spin stealing. The main thing that makes up for it is the cho-z awakening (like achilles, activated through high spin speeds)

That means I need to get a launcher >.>
String launchers don't seem to work out to well for me. I can't seem to get any powerful launches with them, probably out of fear of totally ripping out the cord.
I have an L/R string launcher and I've noticed how weak my launchers are in comparison to ripcord launchers.

String launchers are generally the strongest. What you do is hold the launcher handle gently so that when the string ends, it will retract by itself. Cho-Z Achilles comes with a string launcher (which is why it's a bit expensive lols)
The Phoenix launcher would probably be your best bet for ripcord imo
(Jun. 02, 2019  2:25 AM)neoshai Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2019  2:08 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Well, if you prefer a same-spin matchup in battles and don't plan on going to tournaments, you should probably get Beys like Cho-Z Achilles, Shadow αmaterios, and Revive Phoenix. If you do plan on going to tournaments and still want to be in as many same-spin matchups, you might want to get Hell Salamander as well as Dead Phoenix alongside the other Beys I listed. Honestly, I also get bored with pure Stamina matches, which is why I love Cho-Z Achilles so much. Its contact points are very aggressive, which allow it to end a match with a bang. I like using it on Destroy because it adds an extra lifeline in case its initial attacks weren't enough and it needs to try to outspin its opponent. As for the problem of having no one to battle with, at least you're in a better position than me. I'm an only child and I don't have many friends that play Beyblade. The two people that I battle with most often are my 9-year-old friend that treats me like a cousin and a friend that's in Freshman year of High School with me. I barely ever get to battle with them, so I just have to launch two Beys one after the other. Plus, if you want to battle with people frequently, try to go to tournaments. The people I've met in my only two tournaments so far (going to one tomorrow as well) are really fun to be around unless they get salty very easily. Sure, things can get tense during tournament matches, but that's what makes them so much more interesting than matches with siblings, friends, or with yourself.

I'm surprisingly not really a competitive person but I still want a fair match nonetheless. I've build pretty solid combos for my lil bros with the beys they have but I don't really have anything anymore myself.
Hence the topic. I want to get something that I don't have to toss aside once the next waves of beys come along.

I haven't seen any tournaments pop-up here in Belgium either so that's a thing.
Not to mention, I'm a bit old to take part in a tournament filled with kids.

PS: I live alone, so I can only really go up against them when I go for a visit and they're home AND they actually feel like lifting up their lazy asses away from their pc/switch/etc.
Well, I guess you can't go to tournaments if there isn't interest in your area, but let's say you lived in New York for example. You wouldn't only be facing little kids. There are younger kids, teens, and even some adults. Organizers are usually adults because you have to be at least 13 to organize tournaments, and teens in school usually don't have the time to sort things out or just don't have permission from parents. Although because Belgium isn't the hottest place around when it comes to having tournaments, you might want to become an Organizer yourself. You already have enough posts to become one, seem to have a good amount of knowledge about Beyblades, and don't have to worry about your plans ruining someone else's plans aside from college or work. All you really have to do is find people on the WBO that live nearby and you might spark some interest in Begium. Of course, this is if you have the ability and/or interest to host tournaments.
(Jun. 02, 2019  2:53 AM)neoshai Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2019  2:37 AM)leosama Wrote: String launchers are generally the strongest. What you do is hold the launcher handle gently so that when the string ends, it will retract by itself. Cho-Z Achilles comes with a string launcher (which is why it's a bit expensive lols)
The Phoenix launcher would probably be your best bet for ripcord imo

I launch it like that but still I'm not gonna any decent launch power from them. The string needs to be almost twice the size for it to work for me.
It's just to short and even when I think of doing just a short but strong pull, I'm like instantly at the end of the string.
Btw, my lil bros both have string launchers as well and they rarely use them for the same reason, they don't get a strong enough launch with them.
Is phoenix left or right spin? Because it obviously won't work with Achilles if it's left Uncertain

(Jun. 02, 2019  2:38 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Well, I guess you can't go to tournaments if there isn't interest in your area, but let's say you lived in New York for example. You wouldn't only be facing little kids. There are younger kids, teens, and even some adults. Organizers are usually adults because you have to be at least 13 to organize tournaments, and teens in school usually don't have the time to sort things out or just don't have permission from parents. Although because Belgium isn't the hottest place around when it comes to having tournaments, you might want to become an Organizer yourself. You already have enough posts to become one, seem to have a good amount of knowledge about Beyblades, and don't have to worry about your plans ruining someone else's plans aside from college or work.

I'm pretty sure there's quite some interest since a lot of stores run or at least ran out of beys really fast when they came in.
It's just that it's 90-99% children (10 and below), most of which don't really use the internet for things like this.
If they use it for anything it's to play games. Which makes it even harder to have a successful tournament since you somehow need to be able to reach out to them but you don't really have a way to do so.

And aside from me really not seeing myself organize a tournament, I also don't have or know of a place to hold one.
Also, I do have knowledge about Beyblade in general, but don't know much of specifics. I can build good combos if parts are in front of me (just through pure logical thinking) but come fort with all the "codes" given like Sr 00 dr and I'll have a hard time figuring out the parts. (probably didn't even list that one correctly either).

Yeah, I can understand you not wanting to play with little kids all the time. To be fair, the target audience is little kids and teens, but little kids usually don't know how to make optimal combos or how to launch the Bey correctly because they don't search for that kind of stuff. They just want it to be fun. Hasbro is really just appealing to the kids, which is why there aren't as many adults interested in Beyblade worldwide compared to Japan. Also, common sense and on-the-spot thinking can go a long way in Beyblade, although getting suggestions from others with experience are usually get you a little bit further. As far as part abbreviations go, it's really just a matter of memorizing them.
Instead of buying Amaterios, get a guaranteed RB Volume 15 of Dead Hades. It’s likely much more cheaper and it comes with Xtreme’ and a pretty good parts overall.

To answer your question, I would say Judgement Joker, Cho Z Triple Battle Set, Revive Phoenix, Dead Phoenix, and Chou Z Achilles are all must haves for getting back into competitive play.
(Jun. 02, 2019  2:53 AM)neoshai Wrote: I launch it like that but still I'm not gonna any decent launch power from them. The string needs to be almost twice the size for it to work for me.
It's just to short and even when I think of doing just a short but strong pull, I'm like instantly at the end of the string.
Btw, my lil bros both have string launchers as well and they rarely use them for the same reason, they don't get a strong enough launch with them.
Is phoenix left or right spin? Because it obviously won't work with Achilles if it's left Uncertain

Phoenix is right spin. If you need a good ripcord launcher, get Revive Phoenix because it comes with a great one.
The strongest right spin launcher is B-137 (my string broke in a month tho)

(Jun. 02, 2019  3:54 AM)brandbrick Wrote: Instead of buying Amaterios, get a guaranteed RB Volume 15 of Dead Hades. It’s likely much more cheaper and it comes with Xtreme’ and a pretty good parts overall.

To answer your question, I would say Judgement Joker, Cho Z Triple Battle Set, Revive Phoenix, Dead Phoenix, and Chou Z Achilles are all must haves for getting back into competitive play.

Only if you want to get into tournaments though. All of this would cost over $180 AUD, and you'd still need another $70 for Xtend+.

Can’t you also get the Xtreme’ from dH?
(Jun. 02, 2019  6:35 AM)DragonicMeister Wrote:

Can’t you also get the Xtreme’ from dH?

Yes, but last time I checked, dH was $60 on eBay and sα was $40 on Amazon.
@[neoshai] p2w sums up the meta at this point
you need 2 sets for perfect Phoenix layer
2 sets for xtend +
Bearing only comes in $50 AUD packs
Cho z spriggan is in the customise set
Hell salamander is unplayable in stock
all the good parts are scattered across the sets lmao