[Unanswered]  Been gone about 8 years. Any tips on getting back into the hobby?

Hey there. Made this account in 2011 and made some really horribly written (grammar/spelling wise) posts and left. Being 10 years old was cool I guess. Anyway, I've been out of the hobby for a long, long time, any tips on getting back into it? I was really into beyblade in the metal fusion/fury/masters/etc days and I still have a bunch in storage somewhere. Being 18 now, I've gotten a job at a local five below and we got a shipment of what I believe are possibly some older/cheaper burst beyblades from the local toys r us closing down (we're essentially a discount store that buys up badly selling stock from other stores on top of our own brands and products and whatnot, and everything is 5 dollars or less, if you aren't familiar with five below as I know some states/countries don't have one) and I couldn't resist buying them when I got paid. Horusood H2 and Anubion A2 I believe? These any good? The nostalgia is too much, I wanna get back into it lol. What do I need to know? What has changed? What are some good accessories and whatnot? Anything I have from Metal still usable with burst? Idk anything about burst.
This isn't a purchase suggestion thread btw just asking if anyone has advice on getting back into the hobby, what's changed, etc.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/info.
Yeah today we all discovered that now Five Below is selling some of the Beyblade Burst Dual Layer (and maybe even single layer) Hasbro releases.

Welcome back! I only started playing Beyblade in November but here's the deal:

Metal's done. There are still Metal Fight Beyblade tournaments every now and then. Beyblade Burst is the current thing. It's been going since 2015, and we're on the fifth generation. Single Layers, Dual Layers, God Layers, Chozetsu Layers, Gatinko Layers. New in Burst, if you hit another bey enough, they can burst apart. In some formats, that's worth 2 points in a match instead of 1. There are string launchers and ripcord launchers; they're both decent.

The stuff you've got in the store is going to be fairly old, like 3 years old. And the Hasbro releases of them, which are... usually about equivalent with the TT versions in that generation. Not gonna lie though, $5 is a better deal for those beys than you will find anywhere else!

There is a current tournament format called Burst Classic where only single and dual layers are allowed. Some of the beys at your store are still quite viable in that format!

There's a lot of differences between the Hasbro releases and the Takara Tomy releases. When Chozetsu came out, Hasbro decided to:
1) Not include metal in the layers, so they're lighter, and easily beaten by TT beys
2) Add a "slingshock" feature on beys that can make them faster but have less stamina, which is generally not good.
There are a couple of Hasbro-exclusive beys, the 2s can be fairly good, and most of the 4s are awful.

Have fun!
(Apr. 21, 2019  6:03 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Yeah today we all discovered that now Five Below is selling some of the Beyblade Burst Dual Layer (and maybe even single layer) Hasbro releases.

Welcome back! I only started playing Beyblade in November but here's the deal:

Metal's done. There are still Metal Fight Beyblade tournaments every now and then. Beyblade Burst is the current thing. It's been going since 2015, and we're on the fifth generation. Single Layers, Dual Layers, God Layers, Chozetsu Layers, Gatinko Layers. New in Burst, if you hit another bey enough, they can burst apart. In some formats, that's worth 2 points in a match instead of 1. There are string launchers and ripcord launchers; they're both decent.

The stuff you've got in the store is going to be fairly old, like 3 years old. And the Hasbro releases of them, which are... usually about equivalent with the TT versions in that generation. Not gonna lie though, $5 is a better deal for those beys than you will find anywhere else!

There is a current tournament format called Burst Classic where only single and dual layers are allowed. Some of the beys at your store are still quite viable in that format!

There's a lot of differences between the Hasbro releases and the Takara Tomy releases. When Chozetsu came out, Hasbro decided to:
1) Not include metal in the layers, so they're lighter, and easily beaten by TT beys
2) Add a "slingshock" feature on beys that can make them faster but have less stamina, which is generally not good.
There are a couple of Hasbro-exclusive beys, the 2s can be fairly good, and most of the 4s are awful.

Have fun!

Thanks! Rip in peace metal I guess. That's cool, I'll probably pick up some more. Someone in the other thread said they're somewhat harder to find now. Might try to find some TT ones after that. I'll look into some stuff, thanks a bunch.
Any good sites for buying TT beys tho? Amazon? They seem to have some.
I’d use carousell, amiami to buy beys. Amazon can be overpriced and filled with fakes, you can also try EBay but be careful of scams and long delivery.
(Apr. 21, 2019  6:39 AM)sushiblade99 Wrote: Thanks! Rip in peace metal I guess. That's cool, I'll probably pick up some more. Someone in the other thread said they're somewhat harder to find now. Might try to find some TT ones after that. I'll look into some stuff, thanks a bunch.
Any good sites for buying TT beys tho? Amazon? They seem to have some.

I think you should probably also buy a few hasbro beys. Just a few. I say this because as you might know the tendency to burst depends on all 3(or four if you count disk frame. GT beys have more parts though) parts of the beyblade. And hasbro just made certain beys burst less frequently by making what is called as 'teeth' of layers. This plays an important role in the bursting of beys. The taller and more pronounced they are, the less frequently they burst.

Also, if you are buying hasbro beys, try to find them irl because you might find them cheaper.
Start with Single Layers Now
And buy Hasbro Launchers
They might give you a good experience
(Apr. 21, 2019  5:09 AM)sushiblade99 Wrote: Hey there. Made this account in 2011 and made some really horribly written (grammar/spelling wise) posts and left. Being 10 years old was cool I guess. Anyway, I've been out of the hobby for a long, long time, any tips on getting back into it? I was really into beyblade in the metal fusion/fury/masters/etc days and I still have a bunch in storage somewhere. Being 18 now, I've gotten a job at a local five below and we got a shipment of what I believe are possibly some older/cheaper burst beyblades from the local toys r us closing down (we're essentially a discount store that buys up badly selling stock from other stores on top of our own brands and products and whatnot, and everything is 5 dollars or less, if you aren't familiar with five below as I know some states/countries don't have one) and I couldn't resist buying them when I got paid. Horusood H2 and Anubion A2 I believe? These any good? The nostalgia is too much, I wanna get back into it lol. What do I need to know? What has changed? What are some good accessories and whatnot? Anything I have from Metal still usable with burst? Idk anything about burst.
This isn't a purchase suggestion thread btw just asking if anyone has advice on getting back into the hobby, what's changed, etc.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/info.

look for a partner then keep on training with it. You can tell if a bey likes you if it does what you want it to do.
Well getting active in the forum is a great way to get back in ??. I’ve only been doing this a short time but everyone always shares awesome advice. Gonna have to swing by my local 5 below and see if I can score an beys on the cheap. Even if they might not be “competition worthy”
Switchstrike and Turbo Launchers are decent L/R ripcord launchers from Hasbro and are easy to get from any Walmart/Target/Best Buy. If you want something that's good and will provide some entertainment in matches, Hasbro's Spryzen Requiem S3 is a good choice as most of its parts are competitive in Hasbro format and you can technically change it to 6 different modes (Right/Left spin) * (Attack/Defense/Stamina driver).

If you want to get in on the most up to date parts, Random Booster 15 is a great choice for getting competitive parts as many of the pulls have at least one good/great part. Some Walmarts might still have Dual Layer Beyblades like Phantazus P2, Minoboros M2, Roktavor R2 etc for $1 so be on the lookout for those.

As stated before, Metal Fury isn't compatible with Burst; it's an entirely different beast. In all honesty most metal series beys would probably beat the vast majority of burst series beys due to having one less win condition (they don't burst as part of a mechanic), they have metal contact points and they generally have higher spin rate potential.
Ease back into Beyblade via the Classic Format. The normal format is suffering the same "Stamina Types only" problem Metal had before the introduction of Limited.

Classic is very Attack orientated currently and the most important parts of it are the rubber Dash Drivers. Dash Drivers significantly boost the Burst resistance of a combination and they always use softer rubber than their normal counterparts, making them even better. The three to get (in order of importance) are Xtreme', Quick' and Jolt'. Xtreme' and Quick' can both be found in the latest Random Booster so find some confirmed picks for those (plus Quick' comes in the Burst version of Storm Pegasus so that'll be a good jolt to your nostalgia)