Trekkies Unite! Star Trek discussion

So, any Star Trek fans?
Personally, I liked Star Trek TNG the best. The original series was the second best and Enterprise (I think that's what the season was called) was a far third.
My favourite characters are Scotty and La Forge.
Anyway, to spark discussion, has anyone seen the movie, Into Darkness? I'm seeing it over the weekend and it sounds pretty good.
Activating discussion phasers.
Sorry to bump and double post, but I saw Star Trek Into Darkness today, and I loved it.
The only problems I had with it were:
Scotty was my favourite, of course.
How come there are barely any comments about Benedict Cumberbatch's brilliant performance, in any of the critics I have heard.
Really? No ones saying anything about it?
I think he did really well! His voice sounded cool, and had this air to it that I liked. It was very understandable too (I'm looking at you Bane).
Just came across this. I love start trek- I feel the new movies do justice to the classic series.

I loved Into Darkness, what they did with
was amazing. But Scotty was the best XD

I know Spock isn't supposed to have emotion, but I feel if they did it, they did it right.

I wish George Takei made an appearance, he's my favorite actor in any star trek thing. Tongue_out

(May. 20, 2013  5:58 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: Really? No ones saying anything about it?
I think he did really well! His voice sounded cool, and had this air to it that I liked. It was very understandable too (I'm looking at you Bane).

Bane wasn't That bad, haha.

Batman: Why didn't you just kill me?
Bane: your flunishbent must be door Revere.
It was more like:
Ahumduhbah, ahumduhbah, batman. Ahumduhbah, pit.
But your ibterpretation is pretty darn good XD
Yah, I do think they had him show emotions pretty well, but it would have been ten times better if his pained cry had shook the Enterprise.
I'm kidding.
But yah, it was probably my all time favourite movie.
Ever.
Oh please don't let my dad find this thread. He will constantly post in it. He loves Star Trek.
Same!
I'm kind of a geek, but only when it comes to Star Trek.
And then there's my sister, the Brady Bunch geek Tongue_out
I got involved into Start Trek ever since I've seen The Next Generation (TNG) with Patrick Stewart as the captain of Enterprise-D & E. It's my favorite Start Trek series than the original, but that's what I think. I always like seeing Patrick Stewart in any movie or television show. This was no different his character as Picard is absolutely brilliant it totally matches his tone of voice and personality. I really enjoyed TNG the most because it showed good character development especially with Data, and of course for the rest of the cast in TNG as well.
Please tell me somebody has seen star trek:voyager series. Any1?

(May. 20, 2013  1:40 AM)Ultramarine Wrote: Sorry to bump and double post, but I saw Star Trek Into Darkness today, and I loved it.
"Im giving you all she's got captian!" BTW ultramarine, vulcans do feel. They just overpower emotions with logic. I have an app that says so.
I know, but it kinda went against the original show where Spock didn't have emotions. Not that big of a deal though.

And I've only seen like an episode Tongue_out
(Aug. 23, 2013  5:00 AM)l-dragodestroy9 Wrote: Please tell me somebody has seen star trek:voyager series. Any1?

(May. 20, 2013  1:40 AM)Ultramarine Wrote: Sorry to bump and double post, but I saw Star Trek Into Darkness today, and I loved it.
"Im giving you all she's got captian!" BTW ultramarine, vulcans do feel. They just overpower emotions with logic. I have an app that says so.

i have seen the voyager series. Live long an pros'er blad