Top 5 All Time Albums

I know this is kind of a total bull question to ask, since everyones top 5 changes when they hear something new, but anyways. Whats your top 5. And more importantly, why? I ask why, because even when an album is total carp, there can be a reason why it means something to you.
Ok, top 5 .
In no particular order.

Jack's Mannequin Everything In Transit.
Written by a guy on the recovery from lukimia, who's opening his eyes to his past and future, amazingly well written.

Arcade Fire Rebellion.
To me, one of, if not the most emotional pop records ever written.

The Smiths Meat Is Murder
Some of the most spiteful, yet insightful words ever sung.

Death Cab for Cutie Transatlanticism
Defined an entire relationship for me.

The Libertines The Libertines
A fleeting moment that l think kids will be listening to 20 years from now, the punk of our generation.

You dont have to explain if you dont want to, just think it means more if you do.
Yeah mine tend to shift around a lot, but it's usually these 5 albums that I always come back to.

[Image: adore.jpg]

1. "Adore" by The Smashing Pumpkins

Why: "Adore" is quite possibly my favorite album of all time. I can't really explain why, but there's something about the general shift in sound from the Pumpkin's traditional rock to a more mellow, dark electronic sound that really appeals to me. Honestly the album is just beautiful. I love every song on it, and I listen to this album all the way through almost once every day. Not kidding. lmao

[Image: 1123026_170x170.jpg][Image: Thrice-The-Alchemy-Index-432177-991.jpg]

2. "The Alchemy Index: Volumes I-IV" by Thrice

Why: Thrice has been and probably always will be one of my favorite bands. I grew up listening to them and I've been treated to some really amazing work in the process. "The Alchemy Index" is a set of 4, 6-song EPs, each based on one of the four elements (Fire, Water, Air and Earth). As a collection the set is absolutely stunning and really shows just how versatile and creative the band are. The influence Thrice has had on my own music and tastes is huge.

[Image: 61kEtmzCa4L._SL500_AA240_.jpg]

3. "UROBOROS" by Dir en grey

Why: Dir en grey is another band that has had a major influence on me, and in my opinion, they really are the only Japanese rock band that matters. They have completely taken over that genre and crossed continents to play sold out shows all over the world. "UROBOROS" is just a perfect example of why they have become so popular: their music is incredibly unique and distinctly "Dir en grey" -- no one else could have created this record.

[Image: coldplay_viva_la_vida.gif]

4. "Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends" by Coldplay

Why: Again, another amazingly unique record, I've never really heard anything like it. Despite the minimal use of traditional pop instruments and despite a heavy reliance on more classical-style instrumentation, the album still manages to be catchy as hell. Prior to this album I had no interest in Coldplay as a band at all, but I bought the CD on a whim after a friend strongly recommended it and I have never looked back or regret that purchase. In fact, I've since acquired every CD in Coldplay's discography. LOL

[Image: Muse-Absolution-Front.jpg]

5. "Absolution" by Muse

Why: Quite literally a flawless album, "Absolution" really shows off Muse's talent for blending catchy pop melodies with prog-rock tendencies, resulting in a very experimental and unique album with an overarching theme about the apocalypse -- one of my favorite themes!
Nice layout Roan. XD

Mine would be:

Minutes to Midnight
Hybrid Theory
Meteora
Silent Alarm
Viva La Vida

Don't call me mad, I like Linkin' park when I'm rocking out (The hyper boy I can be, as you've seen) and sometimes when I feel like singing quietly (Leave out all the rest, Shadow of the day, What I've done.)

Silent Alarm because it reminds me of days before I moved schools. Crying Good times.

Viva La Vida because it was one of the best pieces of music I had ever heard. EVER. Cool
Really nice list Roan, going to have to disagree on Absolution though, more of an origin of symetry fan.
1. "Abbey Road" by The Beatles

Why? The last Beatles album recorded, and their best. All four were at the peak of their careers, and it shows. Every song on the album (even Octopus' Garden) is amazingly put together. There was so much thought put into each note. A lot of the album is nonsensical, especially the Abbey Road Suite (last 7 songs), but even in the nonsense it's powerful.

2. "American Idiot" by Green Day

Why? Say what you want about Green Day, but this album is pure magic. It's not every day that a band reinvents themselves like Green Day did. This was the second album I ever bought, and listened to it daily for about a year. There are very few albums I've ever done that with. This album defines the years 2001-2004, politically and culturally.

3. "Untitled" by Blink-182

Why? This album isn't anything special, musically; but it's the artists themselves that make this album. The three toilet joke cracking punk kids from California grew up. And boy did they grow up. Not a single carp joke on the album. All the lyrics are very heartfelt.

4. "Sublime" by Sublime

Why? Listening to this album is like taking a stroll through lead singer, Bradley's, life. If you have not listened to this one, I demand you do. It's so hard to explain why it's so good, but really do listen to it.

The solo in Pawn Shop and Under My Voodoo will blow you away.

5. TBD
I'm not really a album person at all, i prefer single songs, i can only really think of one album that i've really liked in my whole lifetime: Skydivin' by Darren Styles. I think it's amazing. 29 songs, and I love 27 of them Smile
No offense to you SK, but I HATE when people only like bands for singles. You never get to hear what all the band has to offer, only what the record company thinks is catchiest...