Tips on starting a beyblade channel

In the case that I do end up beginning a beyblade channel, I would like to know if there are any tips you guys have for me.

Maybe stuff like how to stay updated with info on the meta, what kind of content I should create, etc. Just anything that may help in the potential channel's growth.
Have fun unbox very new content try to make the videos funny
Well, even though I do not have a channel personally myself, I can tell you the basics along with advice I've picked up through my own research. Now, when it comes to growing your channel, one of the most obvious ways is advertisement. So, advertise where you can, spread the word of your channel, and do your best to get a consistent amount of views. Meaning, tell people you know, as well (along with spreading here). On the content itself, look around and see what's popular. From what I've seen, unboxing's, custom tournaments, and, reviews seem to get the most attention. So, that would be a good place to start there. The WBO is a great place to keep up with the information on the new stuff, so you can get most of the information for reviews here. Along with gathering extra entries or requests. But, one of the biggest factors for returning views will be personality, so let yourself really shine through in your videos. Viewers want a person, not a person just saying what they could read. Anyway, good luck! Hope this helped!
(Mar. 10, 2018  5:46 AM)Dragunix Wrote: In the case that I do end up beginning a beyblade channel, I would like to know if there are any tips you guys have for me.

Maybe stuff like how to stay updated with info on the meta, what kind of content I should create, etc. Just anything that may help in the potential channel's growth.

The best and Important thing to make increasing subscribers and viewers is to be very cheery frank and confident in front of the camera...Be bold and be sure of the infos...explain each and everything logically and slowly with a beautiful musical background so that people can enjoy ur shows...Or videos...
My honest opinion is just squeeze some humor here and there, make a large variety of different combo battles, and maybe even some top tens like, "top ten best left spin beys."
Figure out what your best qualities are and think about the things you like. Consider other ideas from there, but start from what makes you be you and what you would love to do. This will keep you enjoying what you're doing, and it makes it real and not phony feeling.

Many people suggest humor. So, what kind of humor fits you? Some people are wacky, some people are cute, some people are sarcastic. Maybe you're not really a joke person, but you like a bit of clever wit.

Humor is one way to keep things interesting, but I wouldn't force it if it doesn't fit to a certain topic or video. Forcing is fake and unappealing.

Go ahead and start if you're interested. Work out a plan, and then go from there. Don't get caught up in being perfect, because it's not going to be. You need to make mistakes and learn from them in order to get good, and you don't start making those mistakes without trying and actually doing.
i’d like to see a TT competitive combo, meta style channel with higher numbers of unedited tests, shot in good light (!!!), without stupid music.

this is what youtube is missing

the last thing on earth i’d want to see is yet another zankye or super beyblade family, stock combo only, “unboxing and instant first impression-only review” channel, imo. 

i really like super beyblade family but i’m just saying i don’t think we need more “cheerful” stock combo clones.

and as far as going for a “mass” market as a first motive, i’d say bad idea.   i’d focus on making the content you want to make and pouring yourself into making that better. it’s easy to overlook, but youtube videos are a form of art.  it won’t feel like work if you love doing it.
Okay, so I have another question...what is the best way to go for unboxings with a limited budget?

Should I also do reviews of beyblades I already unboxed?
Well, I can say that there are two interests I have with an unboxing video: finding out more info about something I want to buy and seeing something I wish I had.

Others may watch them for other reasons. But maybe you may find that information I shared helpful, for better focusing funds.

Really though, if buying a lot of beys isn't something you do, stick to what works for you. Unbox when you actually get something, but you're not into it, see if there is something else you can do. What do you like? What are you interested in?

I don't think you should cut out beys you already have for reviewing. That's unnecessary. To be honest, for most beys, I imagine it saves me time not seeing them being opened since they're all ready to go. Like RedPanda2 said, there are tons of videos of people pulling products out of boxes and talking about how they are uncustomized. Get into the details of the parts, work in customizations. See if you can share info not everybody knows or info they could only know with experience.

Check out WBO's reviews. They're pretty good.

(Mar. 11, 2018  3:12 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i’d like to see a TT competitive combo, meta style channel with higher numbers of unedited tests, shot in good light (!!!), without stupid music.

So basically raw footage, no speedups or anything? I was actually thinking about getting into testing, and if it'd be helpful to share, I might sort something out. We'll see I guess, haha.

And I hear ya on the music. This is one area where a good Youtuber may want to compromise on. I can deal with songs I don't like to an extent, but there is a point where I'm compelled to hit back. Maybe if such songs had no lyrics, it would be more tolerable, but yeah.
(Mar. 11, 2018  9:33 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Well, I can say that there are two interests I have with an unboxing video: finding out more info about something I want to buy and seeing something I wish I had.

Others may watch them for other reasons. But maybe you may find that information I shared helpful, for better focusing funds.

Really though, if buying a lot of beys isn't something you do, stick to what works for you. Unbox when you actually get something, but you're not into it, see if there is something else you can do. What do you like? What are you interested in?

I don't think you should cut out beys you already have for reviewing. That's unnecessary. To be honest, for most beys, I imagine it saves me time not seeing them being opened since they're all ready to go. Like RedPanda2 said, there are tons of videos of people pulling products out of boxes and talking about how they are uncustomized. Get into the details of the parts, work in customizations. See if you can share info not everybody knows or info they could only know with experience.

Check out WBO's reviews. They're pretty good.

(Mar. 11, 2018  3:12 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i’d like to see a TT competitive combo, meta style channel with higher numbers of unedited tests, shot in good light (!!!), without stupid music.

So basically raw footage, no speedups or anything? I was actually thinking about getting into testing, and if it'd be helpful to share, I might sort something out. We'll see I guess, haha.

And I hear ya on the music. This is one area where a good Youtuber may want to compromise on. I can deal with songs I don't like to an extent, but there is a point where I'm compelled to hit back. Maybe if such songs had no lyrics, it would be more tolerable, but yeah.

so basically music with no lyrics, competitive info, and raw footage with no stock combo bias...sounds doable once I can see how to set up a camera or something if I start a channel

with raw footage, I'd probably end up making a whole bunch of mistakes with my launches and all that :)
i am not saying you have to buy these
but most beyblade channels use added light

i’d recommend this as a cheap option:
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1...light.html

unfortunately you’d need two of these and table top stands as well

but that is more advanced stuff, for later

maybe you could save this link for down the road
Nah, the whole video doesn't have to be raw footage. But it sounds like people might enjoy testing done without cutting out parts or speeding it up. That's what I was asking about. (So editing out bad parts and starting over is fine.)

I kind of like the speedups when nothing much is happening, myself. But it's definitely useful to consider other opinions. Try out things and see what feels good to you.

Youtube has a lot of no-copyright music, so you can find some good tracks there that won't get your video removed or muted.

WBO has some really professional lessons and reviews on Youtube in my opinion. I definitely suggest checking those out.

But definitely don't feel you have to do the exact same thing. Again, go off of your strongpoints. Go with your personality.
Sorry for the necro, but how much entertainment type content would you guys recommend? I'm thinking of making a competitive combos/test based channel, with some discussion videos/comparison videos in between, but what would be a good amount of purely entertainment type videos (not too many but not too little)?
(Nov. 25, 2018  12:37 AM)Dragunix Wrote: Sorry for the necro, but how much entertainment type content would you guys recommend? I'm thinking of making a competitive combos/test based channel, with some discussion videos/comparison videos in between, but what would be a good amount of purely entertainment type videos (not too many but not too little)?

It depends on how fast you release videos. For example, if you release a video every day, I would do once a week