There's More to Morrty

Hey guys, I'm Morrty!
I'm a long-time Beyblade fan, and I'm recently just getting back into the spin of things (C WUT I DID THER!?) after years of being inactive and out of the game.

I started my fandom in 4th grade. I was 9 years old, going on 10. It aired on Toonami and I would watch it everyday after school. The series was quickly picking up in popularity and everyone at my school was playing it. We would take frisbees and turn them upside down and just let it rip during recess. I collected NUMEROUS different blades over my 2-3 years of playing the game. I got them for birthdays, holidays, and any time I had money I'd buy one.
I drifted away from the series as I grew up, naturally. I became interested in other things, but I always had a love for it still. It was a nostalgic piece to my childhood.
My family moved a lot, so during one of our moves, unfortunately, my blades got tossed out and I no longer had any.

FLASH-FORWARD TO 2010
Me and a friend are sitting around, hanging out, and we started talking about beyblade, randomly. I had told him that I had seen a series called Metal Fusion, and how it was the new beyblade series. We decided to go to the store and see if they were being sold, just out of curiosity. We ended up buying a few and coming home and playing, and it was so much fun. I instantly remembered how great my childhood was due to these toys.
I ended up getting a stadium for me and my little brother and a bunch of metal fusion blades. My favorite was Meteo L-Drago at the time, and his was Galaxy Pegasus. We used to play for hours. Once again though, beyblade went to the wayside because being an adult took precedent over toys. I gave my little brother all of the beyblades and the stadium when I moved out. I let him keep them to play with.

?PRESENT DAY?
I, recently, decided to get back into beyblade. I was sitting with my girlfriend, and we were talking about our old fandoms we had as children, and I brought up beyblade. She had heard of it, but never played it. She was kind of sheltered as a kid due to being home-schooled, and also her parents didn't have a lot of money when she was growing up. I knew that struggle. Luckily, I had grandparents that were well off and spoiled me due to me being the only grandson, and the oldest, but anyways, I had explained to her what beyblade was, and how fun it was, and I showed her the anime, and she made fun of me for it. "Spinny tops? Really? Kids fighting for the fate of the world with plastic toy, spinny tops that have ancient spirits in them?" I couldn't even argue. It did sound dumb, and I knew it. But, she still gave it a chance because she's awesome and she knew how serious I was about it.
After an episode or two she admitted that it was better than she expected, and she would like to actually PLAY beyblade because she feels like she'd understand the show more if she got to see what the excitement was about. Getting caught up in the excitement of watching the show, and getting my girlfriend into beyblade, and in wanting to play again and have her play as well, I have decided to get back into collecting, but seriously this time, as an adult (with an inner child who just wants to let it rip).
At first I was going to keep them all in their packages and be a serious collector who appreciates value and resale, but life's too short and sometimes you just gotta enjoy yourself and not worry about such things. So, I'm back in, guys. I'm making my first purchase today, and I'll be an official collector/blader again. This time, WITHOUT losing/giving away my blades (seeing as they're way too expensive to replace now). I'm really excited to get back into this, and I'm glad I found this community to join. Hope you guys enjoy having me around Grin
Wow Morty, that's an amazing Beyblade life story! I kinda drifted apart from beyblades when Hasbro released the beywheels stuff and the beyraiders. Anyways Welcome to the WBO.
Thank you so much!
I'm glad to be here. Honestly, it's pretty exciting getting back into it all. I went and obtained all of the episodes of Bakuten shoot beyblade (English dub because I've never seen the japanese dub, but I'm willing to give it a shot), including V-Force and G-Revolution, and I'm going to start watching those again.
I'm also going to start purchasing old plastics and MAYBE give Metal Fusion and the rest of that series a shot. I'm not sure though. I'm trying to be open-minded and not be so, "THE OLD GENERATION IS THE BEST GENERATION" about it. Being a Pokemon fan, it bothers me when people do that about Pokemon, so I'm trying not to do that with Beyblade because I know how much I hate it.
I DID just download the new Bakuten Shoot Rising chapter 1 to read, and I did read all of the Bakuten Shoot Manga since I found it on a manga app. I enjoyed it, so hopefully this new chapter is good as well.
I'm a little weary to give Burst a shot, but I'll try it. Who knows? It might be awesome. I might also really hate it. We'll see.
One thing's for sure though, and that's the fact that I'm totally buying the reprints of Dranzer, Draciel, and Driger in the Burst format. I almost feel obligated now that I'm getting back into it at the same time that they're coming out.
What a great intro post, thanks so much for taking the time to write it and for joining us here Smile I think a ton of us have stories like this. Beyblade is such a fun game and seems to naturally bring people together, so it's no wonder that it tugs at our hearts even a decade and a half later. You can check out my own Beyblade life story here, if you're interested haha: http://beybrad.tumblr.com/post/127184610...my-history

Let us know if you have any questions!
(Sep. 19, 2016  6:56 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: What a great intro post, thanks so much for taking the time to write it and for joining us here Smile I think a ton of us have stories like this. Beyblade is such a fun game and seems to naturally bring people together, so it's no wonder that it tugs at our hearts even a decade and a half later. You can check out my own Beyblade life story here, if you're interested haha: http://beybrad.tumblr.com/post/127184610...my-history

Let us know if you have any questions!

This was one of the most interesting and touching stories about a childhood love that I've ever read. Honestly, I was super stoked to be here, but after reading that, I'm even more excited to be a part of this community. I'm hoping to be an active and well revered member over time. Thanks for having me Grin
Ahaha, thank you so much. Where are you from?
Virginia, US
You're in Canada, right? I thought I read in your tumblr post you were in Montreal.
Yeah, I live in Montreal Smile We often have Beyblade tournaments in Virginia, BTW! Here's the Virginia thread: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Virgini...16?page=25
Oh! That's awesome! I'd if I'll be going to tournaments so much as I'll really be just collecting for now. My schedule doesn't really allow for any free time, haha. Two jobs, single parent, girlfriend, etc. I'm swamped. But hopefully I'll be able to one day go to an event and participate. I'd really like to. I gotta get back into blading and learning what's good and what's not!
Hello there,I am RacingCheetahz. I am a SoCal (Southern California) blader with a fascination for combinations.i also have very little competitive parts which makes me want to make combo with other peoples parts,they don't mind it as long as put the parts back where they belong.i also like the Lynx clear wheel/energy ring,and I wonder why people don't use it very often.

now that's probably enough about me,I'll go now.
(Sep. 19, 2016  11:34 PM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: Hello there,I am RacingCheetahz. I am a SoCal (Southern California) blader with a fascination for combinations.i also have very little competitive parts which makes me want to make combo with other peoples parts,they don't mind it as long as put the parts back where they belong.i also like the Lynx clear wheel/energy ring,and I wonder why people don't use it very often.

Not sure if you were trying to introduce yourself to me, or if you were trying to create your own, "About Me" post. Regardless, hey RacingCheetahz. I'm Morrty. Nice to meet you Grin
(Sep. 19, 2016  11:55 PM)MorrtyScott Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2016  11:34 PM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: Hello there,I am RacingCheetahz. I am a SoCal (Southern California) blader with a fascination for combinations.i also have very little competitive parts which makes me want to make combo with other peoples parts,they don't mind it as long as put the parts back where they belong.i also like the Lynx clear wheel/energy ring,and I wonder why people don't use it very often.

Not sure if you were trying to introduce yourself to me, or if you were trying to create your own, "About Me" post. Regardless, hey RacingCheetahz. I'm Morrty. Nice to meet you Grin
i was introducing my self to you.
That's cool. I kind of figured. It's nice to meet you Smile