The upgrade of our software is done!

Of course, it's a law school site.
Hey everyone, I believe the upgrade is all done now : the maintenance barely lasted an hour, hooray.

I will leave this thread open for a while in case one of you finds something wrong that was not there or there before the upgrade.
I never found something wrong. I found something interesting! That weird text that's on the Calender is gone.

I'm guessing the upgrade fixed that...
I don't think the update got rid of many spam bots but hopefully it protects more against them.
Finally, I won't see titles like "erd. Phoenix reaches 93 degrees buy Team USA handbags by Louis Vuitton CC dum." I swear I've seen titles like that. Thanks Kai-V!
Uh oh, I see a spam bot on right now :\
(May. 02, 2014  4:27 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: Uh oh, I see a spam bot on right now :\

Which one ? You should try to see if they registered before the upgrade or after.
(May. 02, 2014  4:30 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 02, 2014  4:27 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: Uh oh, I see a spam bot on right now :\

Which one ? You should try to see if they registered before the upgrade or after.

I don't remember the exact username lol. The normal assortment of numbers and Letters.

He wasn't banned so he probably joined after.
Sometimes they don't post for long periods of time after joining. There's a possibility it jus hadn't yet and was there already before the update.
The moderators notice note changed in the upgrade, or something.
I sent a PM to Kai-V about that. She said it shouldn't be too hard to change.
Why did cannon warn himself?
(May. 03, 2014  7:13 PM)Time Wrote: Why did cannon warn himself?
To show that the moderators notice message changed after the update.
Im going to be honest, I don't think the upgrade did anything to the Spambots. They're still coming...
(May. 04, 2014  6:57 AM)Synth Wrote: Im going to be honest, I don't think the upgrade did anything to the Spambots. They're still coming...

That is incorrect : as was mentioned, all those you see right now are accounts that were created prior to the upgrade and which, for some reason, only started activating now. It will be interesting if we see new SPAM accounts from May 1st and onward doing the same thing.
Whoops, didn't know that. I guess I'll have to wait and see then...

Wait, is there a way for us to have a list of the names of these "Suspected SpamBots" that were made prior to the upgrade that only started to activate now? If they do go online it might be easier to report them if they do something spammy IMO...
http://worldbeyblade.org/User-trusted-vendor

It already posted a topic...
(May. 04, 2014  1:11 PM)Leone19 Wrote: http://worldbeyblade.org/User-trusted-vendor

It already posted a topic...

Hopefully that is the "one SPAMmer in a while that escapes through the net" that is inevitable in every big message board.
I've only got rid of 2 or 3 since the update. I don't know if that is good but it feels like less than usual Tongue_out.
(May. 04, 2014  3:24 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Hopefully that is the "one SPAMmer in a while that escapes through the net" that is inevitable in every big message board.

It's quite clear now that that isn't the case, because I just banned 9.
Man, we just had a free-for-all with that new Spam Bot.

Even though it was only one bot this time, it seems the upgrade didn't do as much to them as planned.

Hopefully, this will change.
I reported a total of 37 spammers (all different usernames) in less than 2 days. IMO, I think the update just made it easier for the bots to get in and post. Just sayin...

I even had my bro smallfry (who never gets on the forums) to get online and help me. He caught another 25 the next 2 days afterwards.

So basically, 62+ spam bots caught by just me and my bro in 4 days.
Ohh, it seems that in the process of this, the spoiler button vanished.
(May. 18, 2014  12:51 PM)Cannon Wrote: Ohh, it seems that in the process of this, the spoiler button vanished.

I noticed that around two weeks ago, but forgot to post it here.

I guess writing [spoiler] isn't too bad, right?