The misconception of RF vs. R2F, and the competitive potential of LRF

Poll: Which of these would you consider to be more effective on a right-spin smash attack combination?

R2F works much better
20.34%
R2F is probably a bit better
16.95%
I don't know... they're both great!
38.98%
RF is proabably a bit better
11.86%
RF works much better
11.86%
Total: 100% 59 vote(s)
(Oct. 01, 2013  6:57 PM)DRAGON KING Wrote: I personally don't like any rubber bottoms but I have that in my opinion rf is best because it may not have as much attack as r2f but it has more stamina

That's just it... there is no evidence that R2F has more attack power. It's just written on Beywiki and suggested everywhere, so everyone believes it to be true when there really is no reason to.
(Oct. 01, 2013  7:29 PM)theblackdragon Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2013  6:57 PM)DRAGON KING Wrote: I personally don't like any rubber bottoms but I have that in my opinion rf is best because it may not have as much attack as r2f but it has more stamina

That's just it... there is no evidence that R2F has more attack power. It's just written on Beywiki and suggested everywhere, so everyone believes it to be true when there really is no reason to.

That's an interesting point I thought r2f had more cause of its shape and I thought it made more friction
Considering I just got a new RF and R2F, I'd definitely want to do some tests with this, and help out. Problem is: I won't have access to a good BB-10 until the 26, my tournament I'll be hosting. They'll be late, but if youd like, I'd be happy to do some tests with this.

If you want, I could use a Zero-G attack type stadium, for certain Zero-G combos. Your choice, I guess.
(Oct. 01, 2013  6:52 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: FRICTION... speed correlates, but so does friction between the stadium floor.

Touché. I stand corrected. Smile
I agree with this 100%, but without evidence no one can win the case. I honestly like LRF better then R2F, but in the end my choice is always a simple RF. R2F is just a little too risky to use. There are so many molds and each one has a different effect on the bey's performance. LRF need more tests, but I agree that it has potential.
Ive been thowing out LRF for right spin attack and vice versa for R2F since i first started. good work dragon
So yeah, I actually did those tests I was talking about for once. Note that I can't use attack types worth a carp.
wow.... so RF was less R2F was more and LRF inbetween... what equipment did you use and did you do sliding shot properly?

EDIT: Ok so I'm about to test MF-H Flash Orion GB145 with R2F and LRF against Reviser Killerken BD145CS sound good?
I used a Right Spin String Launcher & grip, BB-10 of course, and I tried to sliding shoot well, by matching the slope of the dish and pulling sideways, but what would happen most of the time is when Flash would hit Revizer, CS would go aggro, come back around the other way and smack Flash just as it was turning. This either KOd Flash or ruined its momentum for the rest of the battle though.
Good discussion topic.

I believe it has been known by most that R2F is that faster of the two, with RF having slightly more Stamina.

Personally, I go with RF as the extra Stamina can make a big difference, especially when going up against other attack types, and while R2F is faster, I still feel that RF can land KO's just as often as R2F.

The idea of more testing of LRF would be nice.

Something else that would be interesting to test is to see which direction the three rubber bottoms perform best in. (Is LRF better in Right Spin than RF, is R2F better in Left Spin than RF, etc)

As I mentioned, this topic is awesome and can lead to some great discoveries involving the Attack type Rubber Bottoms.
I hope I didn't miss something in the thread about what I'm gonna post but here goes.

EDITS were made at the bottom of this post.

NOTICE: When I say Spikes I mean every bit of the spike every detail with it

Spiked Rubber Flat= LRF and R2F NOT RS

EDIT III: Just trying to make sure everyone knows what I mean by somethings in this post above XD so I put those in to make sure everyone got what I meant hopefully XD. The above was put in after the post was made.

Sometimes more LRFs and R2Fs just glide on the stadium? Does this happen to anyone else? I don't use them too much maybe its because their very new but whats happens for me is that because only part of the tip is touching the stadium, there is less friction to keep the bey in when it makes impact with the opposition therefore, it gets KOed too or doesn't move the opposition a great deal because it has nothing but speed and not the surface area due to it gliding on the spikes to cause more friction to keep the bey from self KOing.

I use RF. I know about the little hole but when both tips are Mint/New/Prime it seems RF has more of its surface area, making collision with the stadium floor. I know that Wear, Material/Company, and other battle areas mentioned earlier are involved too, but this is the common case for me. Maybe I've been inactive lately but In the past have not seen much of people disreguarding RF for R2F .

I think the amount of a tip's surface area touching the stadium plays a role in how well it performs.

I think all the Rubber Flat tips have always been interchangeable and LRF and R2F have always been competitive in either direction but thanks to the old MF Lightning L-Drago BD145LRF thread people prefered using the spin direction of which the tip is based for a more flowing movement with the spin which really isn't much looking at the tips than a very slim buff but I think the theory was it helped promote the spin somewhat which I don't know about but that is why people prefer the Spiked Rubber Flat tips in there promoted spin direction.

I just wanted to mention surface area for the spikes on LRF and R2F cause it happens a lot to me and how RF seems to have more surface area in a newer state than just the spikes for me.

Hope I didn't miss anything just some views from me.

EDIT: Missed something, I get how more surface area on RF doesn't make sense because then RF would move faster but RF's surface seems more tame and stable to the Spiked Rubber Flat tips because it is kinectically storing, well I guess thats a weird made up term to say, I mean as its more consistent with the movement because it is all in a single area of the part while the Spiked Rubber Flat tips spikes are not more grouped and store the Spin's energy more wildly.

2nd EDIT: I feel dumb now, I just remembered Bey Wiki stating that Parts/Equipment might preform better when broken it a bit ugh I can't believe I forgot BeyWiki stating that when I was writing this though I hope this wasn't pointless still...
Nice explanation Billy. I think that is just what I needed to know summarized in to an amazing post.
So my friend won't let me borrow his Reviser parts, so I used this - (I didn't have LRF, sorry)

I injured my hand just a little bit during swimming, so I'm not totally sure if it affected the results, or not.
Flash Orion GB145R2F vs Duo Aquario BD145RB
Aquario was launched first every time.
Orion wins: 13/20 (13 KO, No OS)
Aquario wins: 7/20 (No KO, 7 OS)

Sorry if this does not help you.
Well, it would help if you could also provide tests using RF to see how they compare.
(Oct. 12, 2013  12:48 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: Well, it would help if you could also provide tests using RF to see how they compare.

I'll see if I can borrow from friend because mine sort of broke a few days ago.

EDIT: I fixed the bad spelling, and here -

R2F:
Quote:Flash Orion GB145R2F vs Duo Aquario BD145RB
Aquario was launched first every time.
Orion wins: 13/20 (13 KO, No OS)
Aquario wins: 7/20 (No KO, 7 OS)

RF:
Quote:Flash Orion GB145RF vs Duo Aquario BD145RB
Aquario was launched first every time. The RF was unused.
Orion wins: 12/20 (13 KO, No OS)
Aquario wins: 8/20 (No KO, 7 OS)
Flash Orion GB145RF win percentage: 60%