The War is Over. The Winner is...

Poll: Are you surprised?

yes
0%
not really
100.00%
Total: 100% 4 vote(s)
About damn time, they were fighting a losing battle from the start.
Silver Kane Wrote:LOL
ps3: 1 - 360: 0

B)

yeah....

no
You mean PS3: 1 360: 4563757347
why does everyone think microsoft cared about HD DVD?
They didn't care about HD-DVD at all.

Their ultimate goal was to push digital distribution and judging from the sales numbers, I think they made the right choice for high-def movies.

Disc-based formats are on the way out period, whether they be high-def movies, games or whatever.
Roan Wrote:They didn't care about HD-DVD at all.

Their ultimate goal was to push digital distribution and judging from the sales numbers, I think they made the right choice for high-def movies.

Disc-based formats are on the way out period, whether they be high-def movies, games or whatever.

I hear this a lot, but I don't think we're going to see the end of optical media any time soon. HDD space and bandwidth just aren't there yet.
Tamer Brad Wrote:
Roan Wrote:They didn't care about HD-DVD at all.

I hear this a lot, but I don't think we're going to see the end of optical media any time soon. HDD space and bandwidth just aren't there yet.

I don't mean to say they are going to be completely obsolete in the near future, but I don't foresee optical media enjoying the amount of market share it once did.
blu-ray always did sound cooler
Kei Wrote:blu-ray always did sound cooler

Agreed Grin
Artie Wrote:

B)

yeah....

no
atleast i can play online without paying Grin
Silver Kane Wrote:
Artie Wrote:

B)

yeah....

no

This isn't relevant to the topic at all.

But while we're on the trolling spree, I suppose I can contribute. Yeah, you can play online for free, but how many games are actually worth playing? Call of Duty and maybe Warhawk? Not to mention the PS3's service is a mess. No unified friend's list, no standard voice chat, no XMB support during online games... Sure it's free, and while I think paying for XBL is stupid, I don't really mind that much because it's not expensive ($50 for a year is not bad at all) and the system has all of these things that I'd expect in an online environment. When and if PSN ever catches up with XBL I'll gladly let you troll wherever you feel like, but right now saying you play online for free as a plus would be like me saying that friend codes rock. It may be free, but the service still sucks.

And besides, it's not like Microsoft was pushing HD-DVD as a huge selling point for the 360. Unlike the PS3, a hi-def movie format being successful isn't going to make or break the 360.
Yeah Roan wait a few more months k? You'll see all of that soon enough.

Anyway, I think this is gonna help push sales for PS3 as the Blu Ray player on the PS3 is cheap and one of the best out right now. I mean why not buy a PS3 with Blu Ray and get all the extras as well!
Mystikal Wrote:Yeah Roan wait a few more months k? You'll see all of that soon enough.

Yeah, we'll see. I'm not holding my breath.
ok, i'll give you that psn can catch up to live

but 360 0? really? really?
Silver Kane Wrote:
Artie Wrote:

B)

yeah....

no

go troll somewhere else

btw stuff is free usually because it sucks
It's officially over guys, Toshiba admitted they will be ceasing production by March 2008.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/19/offic...r-is-over/
Double post but I DO NOT CARE THIS IS WORTH IT.

Apparently Microsoft wants to get rid of their 360 HD-DVD players. Their timing couldn't have been worse.

[Image: dsc04065lc2.th.jpg]

This was taken on the 360 dashboard while I was on Xbox Live just a few minutes ago.

I couldn't help but post it; it's just too awesome to pass up. hahahaha

Just in case you can't read it it says:

"HD-DVD Player New Low Price $129.99" and underneath that it says "Get 5 Free HD-DVDs with purchase"

lmfaoooo
brad: no, free stuff is the antithesis of suck

anyway, I always, after comparing the two, saw Blu-ray as the best. being that with the most storage space (60-+gb) i figured it would have the longer-longevity. kinda was a big assumption to be based on that only, but also there seemed to be better movies out for Bluray. I was only dissapointed to see hd-dvd Transformers.
anyway its over and now when we all upgrade to 720p or 1080p we will know what to buy.

btw i agree that optical media likely won't have the same market share, but i think the medium is important, as it is a physical storage device that isn't erased by ie a virus. Still can be snapped in half but...

lol @ at xbox hddvd liquidation
finally its over but

hd-dvd is better imo