The True Best

For a while now, as some of you have seen I have been toying with the idea of gaining a deeper understanding of the metagame. This is the next step in that project. I have chosen to start with standard as it has the most settled of tier lists at the moment.

The idea of this thread is discovering what combo is truly the best against combos of a specific category.

For example, the first area I would like us to look at it is what Flash combo is best against Duo BD145 defense.

Please note, this will be an extremely lengthy and tedious process, but one that I feel will be incredibly interesting.
The first combo I would like to gather 5 sets of tests on is MF-H Flash Orion S130 RF.

Now, in order for this to work, everyone must complete the tests using exactly the same parts, so please, do not post asking can I substitute this part for that....

I understand that attack testing is more difficult than anything else due to the complications of the sliding shoot so if you are not proficient please do not attempt.

I aim for 5 people to test for each matchup, no more, no less.

Due to its popularity over RB and RSF the defense tip we will be testing against is RDF.

Testing Conditions that need to be held constant:
BB-10
String Launchers
20 Rounds
In attack testing, please redo all self-KOs.

MF-H Flash Orion S130 RF vs. MF-H Duo Aquario BD145 RDF

The following section exists for the purpose of giving people the opportunity to move on to further testing if they have already done everything they can for the current matchup.

The Current Matchup: Duo BD145 Defense (MF-H Duo Aquario BD145 RDF)

THE QUEUE
1 MF-H Flash Orion S130 R2F
2 MF-H Flash Orion S130 LRF
3 MF-H Flash Escolpio S130 RF
4 MF-H Flash Escolpio S130 R2F
5 MF-H Flash Escolpio S130 LRF
6 MF-H Flash Pisces S130 RF
7 MF-H Flash Pisces S130 R2F
8 MF-H Flash Pisces S130 LRF
9 MF-H Flash Beelzebub S130 RF
10 MF-H Flash Beelzebub S130 R2F
11 MF-H Flash Beelzebub S130 LRF
12 MF-H Flash Ionis S130 RF
13 MF-H Flash Ionis S130 R2F
14 MF-H Flash Ionis S130 LRF

Well that's the full list of every Flash S130 variant and it will certainly take us a while to get through it, so let's get started!

IF YOUR POST CONTAINS TEST RESULTS PLEASE BEGIN YOUR POST WITH
HEY, LOOK, PAY ATTENTION TO ME!
Sounds interesting. Besides Flash testing, what else could be done? I'd limit it to 2 or 3 combos being tested at a time to avoid confusion.
I'll definitely take part in this, as soon as a test comes along that I have the necessary parts to perform, haha.
I can definitely help you for this Smile

I'll have loads of test results up tomorrow Smile
(Jun. 29, 2014  2:14 AM)Echizen Wrote: Sounds interesting. Besides Flash testing, what else could be done? I'd limit it to 2 or 3 combos being tested at a time to avoid confusion.

I would aim to eventually get all the way through the tier list against every variation. For example, after duo bd145 defense against all flash combos we'll move onto duo e230 defense. Like I said, an extremely long process, but one I feel extremely useful. Obviously, every option on the tier list is viable, but this thread aims to determine what is the most viable against different types.
Is there any other combos that you would like me to test? For example, GF spin equalizers/spin stealers
Well seeing as that's not a top tier combo, you shouldn't test that.
I could help with this, but not a this point of the stage, but if you want me to help out with this when testing Stamina, then I'll gladly oblige. I don't have the parts at this point to help with Attack. Any other category I can help, but the best in Stamina.