The Lego Movie Discussion

I've searched and haven't found any threads pertaining to anything in the general Lego fields.
A rule that must be followed: Do everyone a favor and don't spoil the ending or reference it in any way, there could be members that want to see it and check here for reviews.

Also, there's a sequel confirmed, it will premiere on 5/26/17.
i actaully would like to see this movie, but some people people think it's stupid lol
(Mar. 08, 2014  4:04 AM)bladeryBoB66 Wrote: i actaully would like to see this movie, but some people people think it's stupid lol

There will always be people that think something is stupid. Just watch it if you want to and formulate your own opinion of it. Be yourself, humans are capable of thought and sentience.
This has honestly been my favorite movie this year. I'm sorry, but this was far superior to Frozen (in my opinion).

Probably some spoilers, so if you haven't seen it- you probably should read with caution/shouldn't read it:
SPACESHIP! Grin
Liked this a lot, the ending was great.

Very Funny Joyful_3
I love this movie! It's super funny from beginning to the end! EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!XD
I'm going to see this tomorrow with the family!! Super exited. I have a bit of a soft spot for Legos (still have over 100 Bionicles - started collecting when I was 6; good times).

Also got really, really into Ninjago Spinners for two years; I was (and still actually am) absurdly good at that game. I got to the point where I could actually predict exactly what direction my opponent's spinner was going to move just by taking a quick glance at their hands before a spin. Had developed all these crazy weapon/shield placement techniques, complex card sequences and stuff. I still have all 40 characters, along with all my equipment in a big box that I haven't used for like a month. Ninjago spinners was the game that got me into Beyblade, actually.

So yah, even though I really don't play with them much anymore, Legos rock.

Psyched about the movie!! I hear Hazel's in it...
I have one question, and it is very important.

Did they mention Galidor?
(Mar. 08, 2014  7:35 AM)th!nk Wrote: I have one question, and it is very important.

Did they mention Galidor?

I watched the movie about a month ago, IIRC they didn't.
(Mar. 08, 2014  4:15 AM)Leone19 Wrote: This has honestly been my favorite movie this year. I'm sorry, but this was far superior to Frozen (in my opinion).

Probably some spoilers, so if you haven't seen it- you probably should read with caution/shouldn't read it:
SPACESHIP! Grin

You're totally right, for a animation movie, i deserve 10/10 me too for The Lego Movie ! It's like a action movie with amazing special effects. And all that, in lego stop motion ! Since i'm a baby, legos have been part of all my life, and I think together our family got around one billion of pieces ! And even more ! (I'm serious Speechless) I'm 15 now and i continue playing legos, make stop motion movies with my camera and create megastructures. If legos were not in my life, probably i will be a totally different person... I also like playing old Lego computers game :
Lego Island (1997) Lego Racers (1999) Lego Soccer Mania (2002) Lego Racers 2 (2001) Legoland (1999) Lego Creator (1999) Lego Creator Knights Kingdom (2000) continue playing that again and again Joyful_2
O my gosh... That. Was. Awesome.

"Wild Style, if this relationship is going to work, I need to be able to party with random strangers whenever I feel like it."

LOLOLOLOLOL...

It did take me 'til the end of the movie to realize the piece of resistance was a Krazy Glue cap, though. Also kinda disappointed that no Bionicle characters showed up.
Yeah, I heard from a friend about there being a Bionicle cameo and I immediately thought "OMG KOPAKA WILL BE HIDING IN THE BACKGROUND SOMEWHERE"

But nope. Just a momentary flash on the screen.
That's a shame, but no more than I would have expected, the line has been dead for a while now :c
(Mar. 08, 2014  8:28 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: O my gosh... That. Was. Awesome.

"Wild Style, if this relationship is going to work, I need to be able to party with random strangers whenever I feel like it."

LOLOLOLOLOL...

It did take me 'til the end of the movie to realize the piece of resistance was a Krazy Glue cap, though. Also kinda disappointed that no Bionicle characters showed up.

The solution to that they apparently use is also uhhh well probably not good (also good luck fixing it any other way too - never put krazy glue near ABS plastic if you don't want it to be there forever) (Click to View)
They did actually have the Bionicle universe listed as one of the "worlds," though.
(Mar. 08, 2014  8:28 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: O my gosh... That. Was. Awesome.

LOLOLOLOLOL...

Yeah, I did see them briefly... It was great though, especially with that HUGE plot twist.
http://quizilla.teennick.com/quizzes/243...er-are-you
Above is the quiz for Which Lego Movie Character Are You, my result was:
Virtuvius. I thought I was gonna match up as Benny, it was a little too obvious of a test. I just posted this for entertainment, I didn't make the quiz.
(Mar. 08, 2014  10:24 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: They did actually have the Bionicle universe listed as one of the "worlds," though.

That's what I meant-while scrolling through the worlds "Bionicle" flashes for a moment, but never really more than that...

Unless you saw something I missed in my two viewings XD
This movie is way better than I thought it would be. It was a little fast at the beginning and I couldn't really understand it. But as the movie went on, it got better. My sister didn't really like it though. She also doesn't like it when I remind her of the "Everything is Awesome" song. I wonder why they only had Lego DC characters (superman, batman, etc.) and not Marvel characters (spider-man, hulk, etc.). I remember when they came out with Lego Marvel. But they only had DC.
Few if any people on this site know this, but I am a HUGE LEGO fan, and have been for years now. SO naturally, this was one of my most anticipated movies, but there was always that fear that it would be a lame cash-in. However, I was very happy that the movie met and exceeded my expectations. I knew it had the potential to be a fantastic film, and it really was. Because I am an aspiring collector, that ending really got to me. Easy 10/10, if yoiu haven't seen this film you are sorely missing out.
(Mar. 09, 2014  2:17 AM)Flambo. Wrote: I wonder why they only had Lego DC characters (superman, batman, etc.) and not Marvel characters (spider-man, hulk, etc.). I remember when they came out with Lego Marvel. But they only had DC.

Marvel is owned by Disney, and they're really greedy. They would want Warner Bros to fork over 40% of the movies profit. My guess at least. (Or maybe to keep the ultimate Marvel vs DC rivalry away)