The Dark Knight Rises

I loved this movie. It's the second best of the year so far if you ask me. Bane's voice was EPIIIC!! That huge twist at the end(won't spoil it for you guys) was great. Some quotes I really liked from the movie:
"...And then I'm going to break you."
"Take control! Take control of your city!"

Did anyone love that Man of Steel trailer? Looks epic!

Finally, to all those who haven't seen any of the Nolan films yet, watch Batman Begins before seeing this. All you need to know about TDK is that (SPOILER)Harvey Dent(Two Face) died and Batman took the blame.
Yeah I really like this voice for Bane more than the first one, haha. I liked how it had an arrogant and calm tone to it, it was perfect because it made him seem like more of a powerful villain.
She's never referred to as Catwoman in the movie, though. It's irrelevant whether she looks like a cat or not. I think one of the strengths of the trilogy is its realism: it deliberately avoids goofy comicbook tropes by portraying what a real, feasible superhero would be like.

Saw this a few weeks ago and it was mindblowingly good. Enjoyed it thoroughly.
I saw it and here is my opinion- the movie was good, the action was good, bane reminded me of a mix between darth Vader and my music teacher...only problem is, when ever bane spoke, here is what I heard-
Bane- ahumdebah ahumdebah batman ahumdebah ahumdebah pit ahumdebah ahumdebah Gotham ahumdebah kill.
But other than that, good movie.
I enjoyed Bane's character in this film. He was strong willed, confident, and very driven.

I cant remember, was Ra's daughter named Talia? If so, then not so much of a plot twist, haha. Although, I do likke how they messed with the canon tto make the film a bit more supprising and interesting to watch. I dont get why we have a new Robin (his naame was not Grayson, Todd or Drake) but I am happy with it, plus like I said, I am sure he was renamed and given a new origin story as to create a less predictable film.

And for the record, Anne Hathaway as Catwomen? What's not to like about that?
(Aug. 04, 2012  11:48 PM)Serotonin Wrote: She's never referred to as Catwoman in the movie, though. It's irrelevant whether she looks like a cat or not. I think one of the strengths of the trilogy is its realism: it deliberately avoids goofy comicbook tropes by portraying what a real, feasible superhero would be like.

I believe it was because the focus was more on how the alter-ego and the real character changed, rather focusing more on the villain.

I seen this and the first thing that came to mind was;

(Aug. 05, 2012  5:35 PM)Syncrystal Wrote: I seen this and the first thing that came to mind was;

A lot of the Dark Knight canon is drawn from elements of the real Batman canon. I am no expert on Batman canon, but from what I have learned so far, Bane's "real" story outside of the Drak Knight trilogy is similar to the one in the movie, but not exact. Besides, the whole "romantic" part of it gives Bane some form of self-justification and a sense of humanity to the audience. He is not just some random freak of nature, but rather a loyal yet incredibly misguided and violent protector to a long time companion.

(Aug. 05, 2012  4:37 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2012  11:48 PM)Serotonin Wrote: She's never referred to as Catwoman in the movie, though. It's irrelevant whether she looks like a cat or not. I think one of the strengths of the trilogy is its realism: it deliberately avoids goofy comicbook tropes by portraying what a real, feasible superhero would be like.

I believe it was because the focus was more on how the alter-ego and the real character changed, rather focusing more on the villain.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think she was referred to the likeness of a cat at least once in the film. They either called her, "like a cat", "the cat" or I have just a bad memory, haha

I have to agree with the both of you. Selena is not an anti-hero, but nor is she one of the good guys. She has, and always will be, the representation of the "gray area" that exists in between good and evil. And the most likely reason she wasn't directly stated to be the "catwomen" was to give her, as stated, as less comic book-like feel to her, to make her a more believable character, as well to set her apart from the many psychopathic villains whose secret identities and targets of obsessions become their own poison. Dark Knight's Catwomen is not obsessed with Cats, which is a quality that I prefer for her character. It is very similar to how Bruce Wayne is not in love with bats: both motifs are just symbols for what their alter-egos do or plan on doing, unlike characters like Joker, whose identity and persona is literally his whole psychopathic world.
Got to go see it last night...

BANE IS SO HILARIOUS.
He had me laughing so much throughout the movie, just his entire character made this movie how good it was.
It's just like how The Joker made the last one amazing, Bane did that for this one.
I wouldn't be using that language on this forum if I were you >_>
Warning inbound!

His voice completely surprised me when I first heard it though. I knew some of the story behind him, but he sounded way to British/"English".
(Aug. 05, 2012  8:48 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2012  5:35 PM)Syncrystal Wrote: I seen this and the first thing that came to mind was;

A lot of the Dark Knight canon is drawn from elements of the real Batman canon. I am no expert on Batman canon, but from what I have learned so far, Bane's "real" story outside of the Drak Knight trilogy is similar to the one in the movie, but not exact. Besides, the whole "romantic" part of it gives Bane some form of self-justification and a sense of humanity to the audience. He is not just some random freak of nature, but rather a loyal yet incredibly misguided and violent protector to a long time companion.

Yes it's based on it but combined it with Talia al ghul who he has nothing to do with. Also he was never part of the league of shadows in the comics.
(Aug. 06, 2012  12:27 AM)Ultra Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2012  8:48 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote:

Yes it's based on it but combined it with Talia al ghul who he has nothing to do with. Also he was never part of the league of shadows in the comics.

^This. In my opinion, Bane's backstory was very far removed from the canon version. There was no mention of Venom which is the substance that pretty much defines Bane.
I somewhat wish the Dark Knight movies stayed closer to the comics and etc., but really, it doesn't take anything from the movie experience for me. They've still been amazing.
I almost forgot, I don't think you were meant to find Bane funny... They were going for 'intimidating' LOL
(Aug. 06, 2012  12:36 AM)Zain Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2012  12:27 AM)Ultra Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2012  8:48 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: A lot of the Dark Knight canon is drawn from elements of the real Batman canon. I am no expert on Batman canon, but from what I have learned so far, Bane's "real" story outside of the Drak Knight trilogy is similar to the one in the movie, but not exact. Besides, the whole "romantic" part of it gives Bane some form of self-justification and a sense of humanity to the audience. He is not just some random freak of nature, but rather a loyal yet incredibly misguided and violent protector to a long time companion.

^This. In my opinion, Bane's backstory was very far removed from the canon version. There was no mention of Venom which is the substance that pretty much defines Bane.

I think, like Catwomen, the Venom chemical was removed from the story as to add realism, and plus, adding in an explination for it would require a completely different, less compelling story about Venom itself.

i did not see the him in venece and alfred seeing him and selena kyle
If they wanted him to be intimidating why would tey make him sound like if darth vader and Einstein had a baby
(Aug. 06, 2012  12:52 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2012  12:36 AM)Zain Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2012  12:27 AM)Ultra Wrote: Yes it's based on it but combined it with Talia al ghul who he has nothing to do with. Also he was never part of the league of shadows in the comics.

I think, like Catwomen, the Venom chemical was removed from the story as to add realism, and plus, adding in an explination for it would require a completely different, less compelling story about Venom itself.

Well, the problem with adding 'realism' to a Batman movie is that the villains start to become different characters. Bane misses his venom and Joker becomes Hugo Strange with clown make up on. I doubt anyone would begrudge Chris Nolan if he added more elements from the official Batman canon into his movies... it's not like they're very realistic to begin with.

Also, what are you talking about? Bane's voice was amazing.
I think they did a good enough job of adding realism without ruining the characters. It was just different, but not bad, and not to overly different either. And I didn"t find anything wrong with Bane's voice either
I saw this on Friday with friends from church. I did like it overall. Bane's voice was good. But the movie did feel like it was missing something. I did like some of the easter eggs they had for Robin/Nightwing. Id see this movie again.