[Takara Tomy]  Vice Leopard Testing and Discussion

(Note: As of this thread's opening, Vice Leopard is banning in Burst Limited.)

This is another "well if Shining/Shadow Amaterios exists in this format, what about another similar layer?" sort of thread. And, the conclusion is: Vice Leopard is literally a clone of Shining/Shadow Amaterios. If sA is allowed, no reason to not also allow vL.

Same Spin Stamina:

Vice Leopard.Outer.Orbit vs Twin Nemesis.Outer.Orbit
(Simultaneous launching)
vL.outer.O: 3 wins (3 OS)
tN.outer.O: 7 wins (7 OS)
Ties: 1
Notes: Each of these battles were super close. But that does make it weird that tN won most of them.

Vice Leopard.Outer.Orbit vs Alter Chronos.Outer.Orbit
(Simultaneous launching)
vL.outer.O: 9 wins (9 OS)
aC.outer.O: 1 win (1 OS)
Ties: 1

Vice Leopard.Outer.Orbit vs Shining Amaterios.Outer.Orbit
(Simultaneous launching)
vL.outer.O: 6 wins (6 OS)
sA.outer.O: 4 wins (4 OS)
Ties: 0

Vice Leopard.Outer.Orbit vs Spriggan Requiem.Outer.Orbit (RIGHT SPIN)
(Simultaneous launching)
vL.outer.O: 10 wins (10 OS)
sA.outer.O: 0 wins
Notes: So I plan to show testing to get Sr (Right Spin Only) unbanned (but I'm waiting on the fact someone else wants to unban the layer as a whole, which really ends up as it being unbanned for left spin, and I completely disagree with that), and I ran this test randomly. Not sure if these results are to show Right Requiem is fair or if Vice Leopard would be overpowered. But my Requiem vs Shining Amaterios battle is has a very similar result to this one.

Opposite Spin:

Vice Leopard.Outer.Destroy/Destroy' vs Drain Fafnir.Outer.Destroy'/Destroy
(Alternating launching, drivers switched after 5 rounds.)
vL.outer.Ds/Ds': 0 wins (0 OS)
dF.outer.Ds'/Ds: 10 wins (10 OS)

Vs Attack Types (KO, Mixed, Stationary)

Vice Leopard.00Proof.Atomic vs Z Achilles.00Bump.Xtreme'
( launched second.)
vL.00P.At: 8 wins (8 OS)
zA.00B.X': 2 wins (2 KO)
Ties:

Vice Leopard.00Proof.Atomic vs Twin Nemesis.Outer.Assault'
( launched second.)
vL.00P.At: 4 wins (4 OS)
tN.outer.assault': 8 wins (7 OS, 1 KO)
Ties:0
Notes: I did an extra 2 rounds for some reason. Maybe I was just having that much fun with Assault'.

Vice Leopard.00Proof.Atomic vs MGC Sieg Xcalibur.00Bump.Orbit
( launched second.)
vL.00P.At: 4 wins (2 OS, 2 BF)
MGC sX.00B.O: 1 win (1 OS)
Notes: Only 5 rounds to do a part comparison with Buster Xcalibur.

Vice Leopard.00Proof.Atomic vs Buster Xcalibur
( launched second.)
vL.00P.At: 5 wins (4 OS, 1 BF)
bX.00B.O: 0 wins
Notes: Only 5 rounds to do a part comparison with Sieg Xcalibur.

So if Shining/Shadow Amaterios is banned, then keep Vice Leopard banned. If Shining/Shadow Amaterios isn't getting banned, then unban Vice Leopard. Both of these layers are essentially the same thing in terms of performance and the role they fill.
Wouldn't Vise Leopard excel in defense?
(Sep. 24, 2020  6:40 AM)AirKingNeo Wrote: So if Shining/Shadow Amaterios is banned, then keep Vice Leopard banned. If Shining/Shadow Amaterios isn't getting banned, then unban Vice Leopard. Both of these layers are essentially the same thing in terms of performance and the role they fill.

Going by this logic, I decided to test out Vice Leopard 00Lift Bearing as a substitute to the sA.00L.Br combo I hypothesized would be gamebreaking as I sold my Shadow Amaterios Layer a while ago. I alternated the launches between the two, and Lift was in same spin mode.

Vice Leopard 00Lift Bearing vs. Asteroid Zeutron Z3 0Proof Atomic
vL.00L.Br: 8 wins (7 OS, 1 Burst)
aZ3.0P.At: 5 wins (3 OS, 2 Burst)
vL.00L.Br win rate: 61%

If you disregard the Bursts (which were a bit surprising, maybe vL has worse burst resistance than sA), vL has a 70% win rate in what should be a highly unfavorable matchup... I changed the Performance Tip on aZ3 to Orbit for a few rounds afterward and vL still won by OS 3-1. I wager another vL or Shining/Shadow could take it down in aZ3's place, but that only overcentralizes the Stamina meta around those Layers.
(Oct. 19, 2020  3:23 AM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: Wrong thread dude: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Vise-Le...ing-Thread

Nope it’s for limited not standard
(Oct. 19, 2020  3:24 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 19, 2020  3:23 AM)TheGolden Blade Wrote: Wrong thread dude: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Vise-Le...ing-Thread

Nope it’s for limited not standard

Oof.