[Takara Tomy]  Union Achilles Testing Thread

Yep, I am back doing these tests. Right now my only GT parts are from Union Achilles but I will be getting DB ten in a couple days and the disc 00.

Edit: I now have Dread Bahamut, ten, and gen. I also have the disc 00.

UA 7G Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) Retsu Vs. Cho Z Spriggan (Left spin mode) 0W Br. I did ten rounds.

Results: 

UA: 1 KO, 1 SO (20%)

Cho Z Spriggan: 7 SO, 1 KO (80%)

Union Achilles Convert Destroy Retsu Vs. Cho-Z Spriggan 00Wall Bearing. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Union Achilles: 1 KO (10%)

Cho-Z Spriggan: 8 SO, 1 KO (90%)

Convert got to the stadium floor before destroy’s Disk did.

Union Achilles 0Wall Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) Retsu Vs. Dread Bahamut 00Bump Atomic Gen. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Union Achilles: (0%)

Dread Bahamut: 10 SO (100%)

I’d do other tests but I need to buy some more GT parts before I can do that. So you guys feel free to do some tests of your own.
Can you try UA convert destroy' retsu (convert in the mode where it makes the combo balanced) vs hS 00w br?
(Oct. 02, 2019  6:53 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Can you try UA convert destroy' retsu (convert in the mode where it makes the combo balanced) vs hS 00w br?

I do not have destroy', but if you are okay with it I do have destroy.

Edit: Wait I do not have hS either.
It's okay if you can't do battle. Can you tell if convert touches the stadium ground before the free spinning plate of destroy (try hand spinning and see)?
(Oct. 02, 2019  4:15 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: It's okay if you can't do battle. Can you tell if convert touches the stadium ground before the free spinning plate of destroy (try hand spinning and see)?

Yes but do you happen to have another cho-z combo I can put it up against?
Use destroy for UA (if you have hold, use it instead) and use CZS instead of hS.
(Oct. 02, 2019  6:21 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Use destroy for UA (if you have hold, use it instead) and use CZS instead of hS.

Alright I can do that.
Just got Union Achilles, anyone interested in combos?

OK, time for a recap:
Achilles chip: It's got a good burst resistance, much better than Ashura, but not as good as Valkyrie, decent not a must have.
Retsu: Unbalanced incredible for attack combinations, a must have.
Union: Very heavy, excellent burst resistance, but the low recoil makes it outclassed by Judgment, not a must have.
Convert: Way too unbalanced in Unbalanced mode, in Balance mode, it has a scraping issue, not that good for bearing combos, not that great.
Xtend+: Has a lot of LAD, a top tier part, a must have.
So yeah if you have Xtend+ you can skip this release.
Union Achilles Convert Destroy Retsu Vs. Cho-Z Spriggan 00Wall Bearing. I did ten rounds.

Results:

(Oct. 03, 2019  1:17 PM)g2_ Wrote: Just got Union Achilles, anyone interested in combos?

OK, time for a recap:
Achilles chip: It's got a good burst resistance, much better than Ashura, but not as good as Valkyrie, decent not a must have.
Union: Very heavy, excellent burst resistance, but the low recoil makes it outclassed by Judgment, not a must have.
Convert: Way too unbalanced in Unbalanced mode, in Balance mode, it has a scraping issue, not that good for bearing combos, not that great.
Combo wise, I would say test a judgement combo with another good combo and try that same test but with union.
(Oct. 03, 2019  2:28 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Union Achilles Convert Destroy Retsu Vs. Cho-Z Spriggan 00Wall Bearing. I did ten rounds.

Results:

(Oct. 03, 2019  1:17 PM)g2_ Wrote: Just got Union Achilles, anyone interested in combos?

OK, time for a recap:
Combo wise, I would say test a judgement combo with another good combo and try that same test but with union.
I have, Judgment did way better.
(Oct. 03, 2019  5:56 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Oct. 03, 2019  2:28 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Union Achilles Convert Destroy Retsu Vs. Cho-Z Spriggan 00Wall Bearing. I did ten rounds.

Results:

I have, Judgment did way better.

So would you consider it an alternative to judgement?
(Oct. 03, 2019  6:26 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Oct. 03, 2019  5:56 PM)g2_ Wrote: I have, Judgment did way better.

So would you consider it an alternative to judgement?
Yes, it's not as bad as Slash and Ace but it's not as good as Judgment.

OK, time for a recap:

Chips with several small teeth are better on Dash Drivers than Chips with few teeth and big teeth, so Achilles seems to be about on the same level as Ashura for that, if not better. The Union Base seems to only be useful in Power mode, which is understandable, and acts similarly to a Right Spin Zwei. The Convert Disk doesn't seem to be unbalanced at all in the unbalanced mode. I even tried dF.Cn.Ω because it would be easy to tell any instability, but there was no noticeable difference between modes. Convert seems like a decent alternative to 00 Wall, but doesn't lock on to the Lord Base as well as Vanguard or 0 Wall.
(Oct. 03, 2019  7:20 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:

OK, time for a recap:

Chips with several small teeth are better on Dash Drivers than Chips with few teeth and big teeth, so Achilles seems to be about on the same level as Ashura for that, if not better. 
I dont understand, why use weak teeth with a dash driver, to make 4 strong click, when you can use Valkyrie and the 2 bulcky teeth with a dash driver would make every click crazy strong.
(Oct. 03, 2019  7:59 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Oct. 03, 2019  7:20 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Chips with several small teeth are better on Dash Drivers than Chips with few teeth and big teeth, so Achilles seems to be about on the same level as Ashura for that, if not better. 
I dont understand, why use weak teeth with a dash driver, to make 4 strong click, when you can use Valkyrie and the 2 bulcky teeth with a dash driver would make every click crazy strong.

That’s not how physics work buddy the spring can only compress so much so Valkyrie is fully compressing the spring on a dash driver it wants to free the compression ASAP so when it gets the chance to it does so Valkyrie already fully compressed is somewhat weaker plus teeth wear out too quick
(Oct. 03, 2019  8:43 PM)Ravinchen Wrote:
(Oct. 03, 2019  7:59 PM)g2_ Wrote: I dont understand, why use weak teeth with a dash driver, to make 4 strong click, when you can use Valkyrie and the 2 bulcky teeth with a dash driver would make every click crazy strong.

That’s not how physics work buddy the spring can only compress so much so Valkyrie is fully compressing the spring on a dash driver it wants to free the compression ASAP so when it gets the chance to it does so Valkyrie already fully compressed is somewhat weaker plus teeth wear out too quick
I guess that makes sense.
I guess, can't it be used a judgement, but with lower self KO risk but also lower attack? Also, does it have better opposite spin performance (not talking about attack, I'm talking about LAD)? If yes, maybe it can be like crash ragnaruk from cho-z days?
(Oct. 04, 2019  7:32 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: I guess, can't it be used a judgement, but with lower self KO risk but also lower attack? Also, does it have better opposite spin performance (not talking about attack, I'm talking about LAD)? If yes, maybe it can be like crash ragnaruk from cho-z days?

It can't be a Crash Ragnaruk, but it does work like an opposite-spin KO Attacker.
(Oct. 04, 2019  11:21 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Oct. 04, 2019  7:32 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: I guess, can't it be used a judgement, but with lower self KO risk but also lower attack? Also, does it have better opposite spin performance (not talking about attack, I'm talking about LAD)? If yes, maybe it can be like crash ragnaruk from cho-z days?

It can't be a Crash Ragnaruk, but it does work like an opposite-spin KO Attacker.

I wasn't referring to the stamina capacities of cR, I was talking about it's performance against a great variety of beys and asking if UA can behave similarly.
Like in the combo UD.Bl.Xt+.
(Oct. 04, 2019  11:59 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Oct. 04, 2019  11:21 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: It can't be a Crash Ragnaruk, but it does work like an opposite-spin KO Attacker.

I wasn't referring to the stamina capacities of cR, I was talking about it's performance against a great variety of beys and asking if UA can behave similarly.

Union has too much recoil for that and gets destabilized by oE.Bl.Xt+. It might work as a Phoenix killer, though.
(Oct. 04, 2019  4:20 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Oct. 04, 2019  11:59 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: I wasn't referring to the stamina capacities of cR, I was talking about it's performance against a great variety of beys and asking if UA can behave similarly.

Union has too much recoil for that and gets destabilized by oE.Bl.Xt+. It might work as a Phoenix killer, though.

Is that when UA's xt+ is in stamina mode/ attack mode? Is it an extremely tough matchup for UA? How does speed mode (or whatever the mode that isn't power mode is called) perform here (sure, you probably won't be allowed mid battle, but just asking if it can change anything for the good)? But, anyways, that's just 1 combo of all the other right spins (hoping no other usual combo hard counters it) and left spins (many matches come down LAD I assume, B3 would be tough to beat).
Union Achilles 0Wall Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) Retsu Vs. Dread Bahamut 00Bump Atomic Gen. I did ten rounds.

Results:

(Oct. 04, 2019  5:32 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Oct. 04, 2019  4:20 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Union has too much recoil for that and gets destabilized by oE.Bl.Xt+. It might work as a Phoenix killer, though.

Is that when UA's xt+ is in stamina mode/ attack mode? Is it an extremely tough matchup for UA? How does speed mode (or whatever the mode that isn't power mode is called) perform here (sure, you probably won't be allowed mid battle, but just asking if it can change anything for the good)? But, anyways, that's just 1 combo of all the other right spins (hoping no other usual combo hard counters it) and left spins (many matches come down LAD I assume, B3 would be tough to beat).

In an Xt+ Stamina mirror match, oE walls out U∀ Pretty well. I haven't tested Speed mode much because it allows the Weight to jiggle quite a bit. I haven't done much testing on Quick' or Xtreme' because it's not very good with them, so I still don't know if it'll be able to keep up with Judgement.
(Oct. 04, 2019  6:11 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Union Achilles 0Wall Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) Retsu Vs. Dread Bahamut 00Bump Atomic Gen. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Don't use wall with xtend+. Wall is for bearing.
(Oct. 04, 2019  6:40 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Oct. 04, 2019  6:11 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Union Achilles 0Wall Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) Retsu Vs. Dread Bahamut 00Bump Atomic Gen. I did ten rounds.

Results:

Don't use wall with xtend+. Wall is for bearing.

I see.