[Takara Tomy]  Shadow Amaterios Testing & Discussion

Shadow Amaterios 00Cross Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) (Odd Moderate) vs. Archer Hercules Outer Eternal (Even Moderate)
- sα.00C.Xt+: 8 OS (80% Win Rate)
- aH.Ω.Et: 2 OS (20% Win Rate)

(Defense Mode) Hell Salamander 0Glaive Atomic (Odd Moderate) vs. Shadow Amaterios 00Cross Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) (Even Moderate)
- hS.0G.At: 0 Wins (0% Win Rate)
- sα.00C.Xt+: 10 OS (100% Win Rate)

(Defense Mode) Hell Salamander 0Lift Bearing (Odd Moderate) vs. Shadow Amaterios 00Cross Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) (Even Moderate)
There were too many ties in this matchup.
Can you try sA.00C.Xt+ (stamina) vs CZ-V.10P/C/T.X'

I'm interested in seeing its burst resistance/defense capabilities, since it seemingly has good enough stamina to fight hS on Bearing.
(Jan. 22, 2019  5:23 PM)Dragunix Wrote: Can you try sA.00C.Xt+ (stamina) vs CZ-V.10P/C/T.X'

I'm interested in seeing its burst resistance/defense capabilities, since it seemingly has good enough stamina to fight hS on Bearing.

I'd like to, though I don't have Cz-V, though I do have Cz-A and Cz-S, so I might try those two layers with the disc/driver combo you have given me.

(Jan. 22, 2019  5:23 PM)Dragunix Wrote: Can you try sA.00C.Xt+ (stamina) vs CZ-V.10P/C/T.X'

Shadow αmaterios 00C Xtend+(Stamina) (First Moderate) Vs. Chouzetsu Achilles 10Proof Extreme'(Second Hard Sliding Shoot)
- sα.00C.Xt+ (80% Win Rate)
- ChoA.10P.X' (20% Win Rate)

Shadow αmaterios 00C Xtend+(Stamina)(First Moderate) Vs. Chouzetsu Spriggan(Right Spin) 10Proof Xtreme' (Second Hard Sliding Shoot)
- sα.00C.Xt+ (70% Win Rate)
- ChoS.10P.X' (30% Win Rate)

So these are the results, I can say i'm pretty surprised sα survived that much from an attack type barrage.
@[Nyxium] I forgot to ask, but do you know how much your 00 disc weighs?
(Jan. 22, 2019  11:11 PM)Dragunix Wrote: @[Nyxium] I forgot to ask, but do you know how much your 00 disc weighs?

My 00 disc weighs 25 grams and is 4 stars, I'm very lucky to get it first try with ChoA
I knew it, Shadow Amaterios is not useless as most of bladers think. It's actually a very good layer, for defense and stamina. Looks like nobody wants to test the apparently useless parts. I already tested it by myself.
Can you test Shadow Amaterios 00Lift Bearing against Hell Salamander 0Bump Atomic?
(Jan. 23, 2019  2:58 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: Can you test Shadow Amaterios 00Lift Bearing against Hell Salamander 0Bump Atomic?

I probably can, though I don't think Shadow Amaterios would be too good on Bearing, due to it's mediocre teeth
(Jan. 24, 2019  3:02 AM)Nyxium Wrote:
(Jan. 23, 2019  2:58 PM)Dt20000 Wrote: Can you test Shadow Amaterios 00Lift Bearing against Hell Salamander 0Bump Atomic?

I probably can, though I don't think Shadow Amaterios would be too good on Bearing, due to it's mediocre teeth
Oh right, can you try Eternal instead if possible?

Shadow αmaterios 00Lift Bearing(Odd Moderate) Vs. Hell Salamander(defense) 0Bump Atomic (Even Moderate)
- sα.00C.Xt+ (90% Win Rate)
- hS.0B.At (10% Win Rate)

sα did surprisingly well, i didn't expect it to do well against hS in general... so kudos to you for finding another decent combo, though i'm gonna test hS.0G.Br (mainly because i don't have two Lift frames) too
(Jan. 24, 2019  3:34 AM)Nyxium Wrote:

Shadow αmaterios 00Lift Bearing(Odd Moderate) Vs. Hell Salamander(defense) 0Bump Atomic (Even Moderate)

sα did surprisingly well, i didn't expect it to do well against hS in general... so kudos to you for finding another decent combo, though i'm gonna test hS.0G.Br (mainly because i don't have two Lift frames) too

Man, sα is pretty good on the right combos! Can you try it on 10Turn Eternal against aH 00Lift Atomic?
(Jan. 24, 2019  3:47 AM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Jan. 24, 2019  3:34 AM)Nyxium Wrote: Shadow αmaterios 00Lift Bearing(Odd Moderate) Vs. Hell Salamander(defense) 0Bump Atomic (Even Moderate)

Man, sα is pretty good on the right combos! Can you try it on 10Turn Eternal against aH 00Lift Atomic?

I don't have Turn, since i haven't gotten Dead Hades... or the Deep Chaos of that Random Booster, so sadly i can't try Turn at all.
(Jan. 24, 2019  3:52 AM)Nyxium Wrote:
(Jan. 24, 2019  3:47 AM)Dt20000 Wrote: Man, sα is pretty good on the right combos! Can you try it on 10Turn Eternal against aH 00Lift Atomic?

I don't have Turn, since i haven't gotten Dead Hades... or the Deep Chaos of that Random Booster, so sadly i can't try Turn at all.

Oh, I forgot it was somewhat rare. Can you try Bump?
(Jan. 24, 2019  3:54 AM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Jan. 24, 2019  3:52 AM)Nyxium Wrote: I don't have Turn, since i haven't gotten Dead Hades... or the Deep Chaos of that Random Booster, so sadly i can't try Turn at all.

Sure, i'll give you the results afterwards.

(Jan. 24, 2019  3:54 AM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Jan. 24, 2019  3:52 AM)Nyxium Wrote: I don't have Turn, since i haven't gotten Dead Hades... or the Deep Chaos of that Random Booster, so sadly i can't try Turn at all.

Shadow αmaterios 10Bump Eternal(Odd Moderate) Vs. Archer Hercules 00Lift Atomic (Even Moderate)
- sα.10B.Et (60% Win Rate)
- aH.00L.At (40% Win Rate)

i'm a bit surprised yet not with aH's wins and losses to be honest, i didn't think it'd get 4 wins on sα to be honest.
(Jan. 24, 2019  4:11 AM)Nyxium Wrote:
(Jan. 24, 2019  3:54 AM)Dt20000 Wrote: Oh, I forgot it was somewhat rare. Can you try Bump?

Sure, i'll give you the results afterwards.

(Jan. 24, 2019  3:54 AM)Dt20000 Wrote: Oh, I forgot it was somewhat rare. Can you try Bump?

Shadow αmaterios 10Bump Eternal(Odd Moderate) Vs. Archer Hercules 00Lift Atomic (Even Moderate)

Man, sα is pretty good! Thanks for Testing! If possible, can you do sα.00.Lift Bearing against Cho-Z Valkyrie 10Bump Xtreme’ and then the same match with Archer Hercules on the sα combo? I want to compare the two.
(Jan. 24, 2019  4:28 AM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Jan. 24, 2019  4:11 AM)Nyxium Wrote: Sure, i'll give you the results afterwards.

Man, sα is pretty good! Thanks for Testing! If possible, can you do sα.00.Lift Bearing against Cho-Z Valkyrie 10Bump Xtreme’ and then the same match with Archer Hercules on the sα combo? I want to compare the two.

I don 't have ChoV at the moment, but i do have ChoA and ChoS instead so maybe you could come up with something for those? and yeah! it's pretty amazing, though sα is very underused and overshadowed over the Cho(-) layers, sadly
(Jan. 24, 2019  4:29 AM)Nyxium Wrote:
(Jan. 24, 2019  4:28 AM)Dt20000 Wrote: Man, sα is pretty good! Thanks for Testing! If possible, can you do sα.00.Lift Bearing against Cho-Z Valkyrie 10Bump Xtreme’ and then the same match with Archer Hercules on the sα combo? I want to compare the two.

I don 't have ChoV at the moment, but i do have ChoA and ChoS instead so maybe you could come up with something for those? and yeah! it's pretty amazing, though sα is very underused and overshadowed over the Cho(-) layers, sadly

I know, if I get my hands on this thing I’ll be very happy. Can you use Cho-Z Spriggan 00Polish Atomic instead of Cho-Z Valkyrie if possible? If you don’t have Polish please use Bump. If you don’t have 2 00’s use 10 instead please. Thank you
I am sorry to say, the test results is totally different from my test results. I have tested plenty of combo using shadow α and totally get the reverse result as compared to yours.

All my test results are 2 players doing hard launch, using same spin. shadow α has totally no chance...
(Jan. 24, 2019  4:41 AM)Mehmehmeh Wrote: I am sorry to say, the test results is totally different from my test results. I have tested plenty of combo using shadow α and totally get the reverse result as compared to yours.

All my test results are 2 players doing hard launch, using same spin. shadow α has totally no chance...

i'm doing Moderate launches rather than Hard launches, that's probably the main factor in your testing that's different to mine. that's probably why your results are so different. and what were the combos you were using for the matchup? as you don't say what they were. and also i'm doing sα with Moderate launches due to it's mediocre teeth.
(Jan. 24, 2019  4:41 AM)Mehmehmeh Wrote: I am sorry to say, the test results is totally different from my test results. I have tested plenty of combo using shadow α and totally get the reverse result as compared to yours.

I'd have to agree with this, I was testing Shadow Amaterios for days after I got mine and I decided to go back and recheck my results today after seeing these posts. Whether it's with Xt+, Br, Et, or At combos using standard heavy disks and LaD granting frames Shadow Amaterios just tends to lag behind Archer Hercules and Orb Egis even for right spin burst resistant stamina. It isn't very viable against Hell Salamander combos either unless it has Xt+ and even then it's iffy (the LaD of Xt+ tends to give right spinning beys a decent match against left spinning spin equalizers in the first place). It's easily destabilized as a stamina combo leading to it draining its own stamina and losing to Winning Valkyrie combos which use X' by spin finish if it isn't bursted or over finished before that happens despite the occasional win and I think everyone is aware of the unfortunate lacking of attack power the layer has. I really have totally different, even opposite results just like Mehmehmeh. It just seems to me like it's an unfortunate layer on all fronts.
The disk and frame I am using 00B, 00P, 0B and keep changing among 2 Beyblades.
Drivers used are : Atomic, Xtend+, Eternal and keep changing among 2 Beyblades
Layers used to test are : sA , aH, hS

Kept swapping above disk, drivers and layers. Also tried moderate and hard launches, also ensuring test results are from 2 person for more consistent and accurate result. Then each players tried using sA just to make sure the launch strength is different from each other.

sA doesn't really stand a chance.

aH/00B or 00C or 00P/Xt+ is almost invincible.
(Jan. 24, 2019  4:53 AM)Mehmehmeh Wrote: The disk and frame I am using 00B, 00P, 0B and keep changing among  2 Beyblades.
Drivers used are : Atomic, Xtend+, Eternal and keep changing among 2 Beyblades
Layers used to test are : sA , aH, hS

Kept swapping above disk, drivers and layers. Also tried moderate and hard launches, also ensuring test results are from 2 person for more consistent and accurate result. Then each players tried using sA just to make sure the launch strength is different from each other.

sA doesn't really stand a chance.

aH/00B or 00C or 00P/Xt+ is almost invincible.

well i don't have multiple copies of certain parts, so maybe you're right on that front i'm not denying that, though it may be my mold variations that i have that may make sα better in my case, so that's probably why your battles are the way they are, if i had 2 00's or two Xt+'s i'd be able to do better testing otherwise.

(Jan. 24, 2019  4:52 AM)Ulti Wrote:

I'd have to agree with this, I was testing Shadow Amaterios for days after I got mine and I decided to go back and recheck my results today after seeing these posts. Whether it's with Xt+, Br, Et, or At combos using standard heavy disks and LaD granting frames Shadow Amaterios just tends to lag behind Archer Hercules and Orb Egis even for right spin burst resistant stamina. It isn't very viable against Hell Salamander combos either unless it has Xt+ and even then it's iffy (the LaD of Xt+ tends to give right spinning beys a decent match against left spinning spin equalizers in the first place). It's easily destabilized as a stamina combo leading to it draining its own stamina and losing to Winning Valkyrie combos which use X' by spin finish if it isn't bursted or over finished before that happens despite the occasional win and I think everyone is aware of the unfortunate lacking of attack power the layer has. I really have totally different, even opposite results just like Mehmehmeh. It just seems to me like it's an unfortunate layer on all fronts.

it may be my mold variation of sα, though from my results it's had a better time against hS and such, though i haven't tested it against too many attack types, so if you don't mind giving me one i won't be afraid to try it, though my opinion differs from yours, as i think sα may be a good layer in some circumstances, though i'd probably change modes to Defense mode on Xt+ if i face it against an attack type.
(Jan. 22, 2019  5:20 AM)Nyxium Wrote: Shadow Amaterios 00Cross Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) (Odd Moderate) vs. Archer Hercules Outer Eternal (Even Moderate)
- sα.00C.Xt+: 8 OS (80% Win Rate)
- aH.Ω.Et: 2 OS (20% Win Rate)

(Defense Mode) Hell Salamander 0Glaive Atomic (Odd Moderate) vs. Shadow Amaterios 00Cross Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) (Even Moderate)
- hS.0G.At: 0 Wins (0% Win Rate)
- sα.00C.Xt+: 10 OS (100% Win Rate)

(Defense Mode) Hell Salamander 0Lift Bearing (Odd Moderate) vs. Shadow Amaterios 00Cross Xtend+ (Stamina Mode) (Even Moderate)
There were too many ties in this matchup.

Great info. Thanks for posting.
Can you try sA 00Proof Xtend+ against Cho-Z Valkyrie 10Lift Xtreme’
yeah, ive played against shadow amaterios quite a few times and it doesnt do as well in my testing.
I dont have Xt+, but i should be able to test some other combos as well if you guys want to see more results (Ds, Et, At, Br, etc)