Takara Tomy Beyblade Burst - Upcoming Release & Rumor Thread

[edit by Deceased Crab]
2020/05/30 clarifications:
This thread is for actual announced upcoming releases, and evidence based rumors for those upcoming releases.

Discussions about things you would "like" to see and "wouldn't it be nice if" belong in the following Your Creations subforum thread:
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Burst-W...peculation
[/edit]

Since we have no idea which name goes with which release, Booster or Starter, exactly, here are the names of upcoming Beyblades:

Dual Layers
Acid Anubis

New generation
Tornado Wyvern
Drain Fafnir (pronounced in Japanese as fabnir though)
Kreis Satan (sounds very similar to Christ Satan but OK hah)
Killer Deathscyther
Alter Kronos
Guardian Kerbeus
Maximum Garuda

No news on the upcoming new Spriggan name though.
Seems like they are throwing the whole naming scheme out the window, huh. Realy surprised by Kreis Satan, can't wait to see what that looks like haha.
Acid Anubis sounds metal has heck. Heck, all of these names are cool. Shame we dont have Spriggan's yet tho.
I love these names lookin forward to Anubis

Thanks for the cool info @[Kai-V]
Kreis Satan? Seriously? What's next Howling Spriggan? Hell Kerbeus?
Well, there's your answer for how they deal with running out of letters: add a different one.
Acid Anubis? Eh, I dunno. Something sounds off about that name but that's just my stupid opinion so whatever.

Kreis Satan sounds interesting I guess. It's nice to see Wyvern getting an upgrade but still nothing on Kerbeus or Deathscyther, that's such a shame.
Well I was assuming the new disk and drivers would have sub letters or numbers to represent which of that letter Driver or disk it means.

Thanks for the news Kai-V.
So now we have Kreis Satan and God Valkyrie. Mhh. I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand these names sound cool and my expectations are high for these two beys designwise but on the other hand as a christian myself I think it's not a good idea to call a kids toy god or satan because some christian parents might complain about this. But Japan is an intirely different culture and not many people there are christian from what I've heard so it might be ok for them and Hasbro will probably rename the Beys anyways and in the end I can call my Beys what I want so the name doesn't really matter but I would still prefere if they wouldn't have called them God Valkyrie and Kreis Satan.
Acid? Well I have no words to say Chief 2002 - Disappointed .... TBH, TT is really seem to be out of ideas (or maybe ""acid anubius"" sounds good in japan lol)

Kries Satan? Intresting. What exactly it is btw lol?

Well I'm still excited to see what improvement TT (hopefully they won't bring a """""triple layer system"""")

Edit:- Anubis?!??!?. Takara Tomy, you guys are insane beyhaha

Anyways thanks for news Kai-V!!! Acidhahahaha
The names to me are pretty cool! Can't wait to see the new generation. Smile
(Nov. 02, 2016  11:56 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Acid? Well I have no words to say Chief 2002 - Disappointed .... TBH, TT is really seem to be out of ideas (or maybe ""acid anubius"" sounds good in japan lol)

Kries Satan? Intresting. What exactly it is btw lol?

It is confirmed to be Acid (someone doubted it previously) and it is Anubis, not Anubius. That was for Metal Fight Beyblade hah.

Kreis means circle in German, but as I wrote in the first post, it is actually pronounced quite similarly to "christ" globally hahah. It sounds too weird not to be intentional.

Thank you {YT}Enderz and Jinbee.
farewell to the alphabet naming system, i guess?
why Acid? Why not something as basic as Ancient? it would suit the theme.
(Nov. 03, 2016  12:08 AM)NEET no Kami Wrote: farewell to the alphabet naming system, i guess?

It was bound to happen hah. Unless Kreis Satan involves some Greek or other kind of S, we already have two S- Beyblades: Spriggan, and now Satan. But for the indicator of the third generation, unless there is no other G- [ ] Beyblade because God Valkyrie exists, then it looks like it gets dropped entirely.
(Nov. 03, 2016  12:12 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2016  12:08 AM)NEET no Kami Wrote: farewell to the alphabet naming system, i guess?

It was bound to happen hah. Unless Kreis Satan involves some Greek or other kind of S, we already have two S- Beyblades: Spriggan, and now Satan. But for the indicator of the third generation, unless there is no other G- [ ] Beyblade because God Valkyrie exists, then it looks like it gets dropped entirely.

To be fair, they'd probably give the new Spriggan's name something that doesn't start with K, so we'd have KS (Kreis Satan) and ?S (the new Spriggan). So there would still be a bit of an alphabet thing, but relying on 2 letters to notate parts instead of one, allowing for more new disks and drivers under the same naming convention maybe?
Sometimes choice of names has to do with licensing and patents.

In Japan you can have a Gundam character by Bandai called Beyblade and Takara-Tomy can't do anything

But Stateside here trademarks and patents are very strict so sometimes not going with original Japanese names due to it crossing with a current trademark that is registered is a reason

and then there is just plan censorship which is a whole other animal.

Also Takara-Tomy works very closely with Hasbro now when it comes to designing products for a duo region release.

I would love to do a video/podcast about the whole concept because it's very complex.
(Nov. 03, 2016  12:30 AM)Protoman Wrote: Sometimes choice of names has to do with licensing and patents.

In Japan you can have a Gundam character by Bandai called Beyblade and Takara-Tomy can't do anything

But Stateside here trademarks and patents are very strict so sometimes not going with original Japanese names due to it crossing with a current trademark that is registered is a reason

Also Takara-Tomy works very closely with Hasbro now when it comes to designing products for a duo region release.

I would love to do a video/podcast about the whole concept because it's very complex.

Clearly Hasbro is not involved at all in those names, since Satan will assuredly be dubbed to something else by Hasbro and if TAKARA-TOMY wanted to respect Hasbro and give them a name they can continue using in the west, they would have definitely not gone for Satan, among everything else...

So censorship and Hasbro not being able to or wanting to purchase the rights TAKARA-TOMY holds on some names are the main reasons why we see different names here in the west.
(Nov. 03, 2016  12:37 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 03, 2016  12:30 AM)Protoman Wrote: Sometimes choice of names has to do with licensing and patents.

Clearly Hasbro is not involved at all in those names, since Satan will assuredly be dubbed to something else by Hasbro and if TAKARA-TOMY wanted to respect Hasbro and give them a name they can continue using in the west, they would have definitely not gone for Satan, among everything else...

So censorship and Hasbro not being able to or wanting to purchase the rights TAKARA-TOMY holds on some names are the main reasons why we see different names here in the west.

Japan can do whatever they want, but sometimes even names like SATAN are a dual decision with Hasbro so they can cross plan stuff for the long run

Some debate that the choice of "theme" with the Metal Saga was due to Hasbro having the anime Saint Seiya license back in 2002-2005 which they paid a lot of money to register all the characters, then in 2007 when Takara (Before the Takara-Tomy merger) worked closely with Hasbro to use all the same names and themes for the Metal Saga (Heck even Pegasus being the primary trademark on both brands). Before Hasbro never influenced Takara's (Later Takara-Tomy) choices but after 2004, a lot changed.

It's SUPPPPERR complex and if you go digging in the patent office's online trademarking website, you learn a lot of interesting stuff.
Well, that is weird because with everything I know about TAKARA-TOMY's and Hasbro's names, their copyrights and trademarks, I am able to say that while TAKARA-TOMY sometimes files things for Hasbro, clearly Hasbro always changes the names. So why would they be involved in the original process in Japan if they are visibly not happy with what gets released in the end and they have to change it hah? They even changed Pegasis to Pegasus, while they could have told TAKARA-TOMY how to spell it properly in the first place. I really disagree with you on Hasbro's involvement, especially in the names.

And I can litterally bet money that Hasbro will not name that Beyblade Satan in the end.
Acid Anubis sounds weird.
(Nov. 03, 2016  1:01 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Well, that is weird because with everything I know about TAKARA-TOMY's and Hasbro's names, their copyrights and trademarks, I am able to say that while TAKARA-TOMY sometimes files things for Hasbro, clearly Hasbro always changes the names. So why would they be involved in the original process in Japan if they are visibly not happy with what gets released in the end and they have to change it hah? They even changed Pegasis to Pegasus, while they could have told TAKARA-TOMY how to spell it properly in the first place. I really disagree with you on Hasbro's involvement, especially in the names.

And I can litterally bet money that Hasbro will not name that Beyblade Satan in the end.

Well Pegasis to Pegasus is more of a localization thing with ENGRISH which happens A LOT with not just toy lines, but anime/manga ports and what not.

Also Hasbro of course didn't NAME Satan but they no doubt planned with them over what the localization would be before everything even hit the drawing board
I think it's really not a big deal. We already had Shining God and Bloody Devil in HMS. Regardless of how those names make you feel personally, remember that they're being used in a toy marketed entirely in a society where those names won't upset anyone. Hasbro will definitely change them.
So... does that mean we're gonna start calling them by their Hasbro names when they leak?
The names do sound amazing and I really can't wait to see this new generation of Burst and see if they did anything to try and solve the breakage issues. By the way where is this information coming from? I don't know if this was answered or not, but I would like to know since the post didn't have a source link or something.
(Nov. 03, 2016  3:49 AM)cosmicstriker Wrote: So... does that mean we're gonna start calling them by their Hasbro names when they leak?

You would probably use the Japanese term to refer to the Japanese part, and the localized name for the Hasbro part. As for which name to use in general, whatever you want. We're obviously not going to ban the name of a Beyblade or something here Tongue_out