[Takara Tomy]  Beyblade Burst Opposite spin tier list. Updated 8/12/19 7:38 P.M. Pacific Time

(Mar. 03, 2019  4:22 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Mar. 03, 2019  2:18 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Thanks alot for making this Infinite.Zero. Although don't you think this can be incorporated into main tier list rather than making a seperate thread?

I have some comments and suggestions on this.

My BeyLife is complete now. @[Adarsh Abhinav] can understand why XD

You guys can give a try to Star frame on Xt+ combo as well and see if it can be added here. from my testing it had same if not higher LAD than Cross. I can't say for same spin stamina though.

I would suggest using Bump instead or keeping it as a option. When Xt+ is in attack mode. It relies more on precession rather than LAD. Proof makes it fall over faster and that LAD doesn't help as much as it hurts.

Perfect..

D Tier: (Outer Eternal) (00/0/7/10 Xtend+) (00/0/7/10 Proof Destroy/Destroy') (00/0/7/10 Wall/Turn/Lift Hold?)
Star and Cross can be here too. I believe Outer Eternal can be bit higher than this tbh

Quote:F Tier: (00/0/7/10 Eternal) (00/0/7/10 Proof Ultimate Reboot)
(Outer Revolve) 
What about 0B/P Atomic/Octa? I'm pretty sure it would be higher than Ul and Outer Revolve.

Outer Yielding also places bit higher than Outer Revolve from my experience. Although don't add it in same class as At based combos.
This...is alot for me to take in right now lol. Finally my thread gets the recognition it never deserved. 

So...How should I begin Tongue_out
Thankyou for liking my post, I really appreciate your comments on how I should make this list better. I shall try my best to return your questions.

God Tier questions/suggestions from Fire Fire:
My answer: 
I will go ahead and add Star to Xt+ in the God tier, but I would have to include Glaive if thats ok with Shindog. What Ive learned from the high lad setups is the inconsisnt result it produces. Originally, I had planned to only allow Wall Br in it, but it seemed like such a waste to the tier that I decided it would be best if I included L/T Br and C Xt+. Later I added Outer Xt+ after some eerily close tests when put up against against C Xt+. Well enough said, I will add Star and Glaive if Shindog complies with it. Nvm since I pretty much gave this treatment to Br in the C tier, I will answer your wish for this tier.

A Tier questions/suggestions from Fire Fire:
My answer: 
Idk if Bump is better then Proof for Xt+ imo? I will have to check with Shindog if its viable when compared to Proof if thats ok with you.

B Tier questions/suggestions from Fire Fire:
My answer:
Thanks for the comment.

C Tier questions/suggestions from Fire Fire:
My answer:
Understood.

D Tier questions/suggestions from Fire Fire:
My answer:
I wont be adding Star or Cross to Ds. Instead Ill just be adding Expand to it. 

Outer Et cant compete with Bump/Proof/Cross/Star Br so I will not be promoting it to the next tier or giving it a salary raise lol.

F Tier questions/suggestions from Fire Fire:
My Answer:
At and Octa would be in the the next tier down if I made one. Ill consider making it, but def not right now. I still have to edit my first post xD after all this. I do not think they have the opposite spin stamina to compete with 0/00/7/10 Et, 0/0/7/10 Proof Ul, and Outer Revolve. Sry about that.

Interesting that Outer Yielding can beat Outer Revolve...kinda have to ask Shindog to test it.

Thx for putting your time into this list.

Tagging @[Shindog] bc I aint tagging him 3x in one post. It wont turn out well lol. 

To Shindog: Would it be ok with you if you could be my beyblade grammerly, and answer some of Fire Fire's questions I answered wrong. Im sry for asking you to do this again, but I dont want to make mistake without knowing it.

Tagging @[FIRE FIRE CPB] bc i cant fix the quoting engine.
[/quote]
Hmm, there is a lot here for me to digest.  And tbh it is a little hard to follow the thread at this point.  Also, I am certainly not some kind of authority on this.  I just offer my observations.  Per usual I don’t like just saying something is better or not.  I will try to show in video what I see and ppl can decide for themselves. Won’t get to it right away but I will try to find some time to do some tests.
(Mar. 03, 2019  1:20 AM)Biggster Wrote: It's interesting that Polish only adds 0.25 tier to Cross Atomic while Outer makes Revolve 1 full tier higher than Cross Atomic or 0.75 tier higher than Proof Atomic (which is 0.25 tier higher than Cross Atomic). Is my math correct? ?

If yes, can it be established that either Proof or Polish adds 0.25 tier to either Cross Atomic or Cross Destroy?
Yes. You are correct that Proof idk about Polish adds .25 tier.
I went ahead and did some testing and here are my observations. (During the making of the video I would attempt to point out the winner. But I do go back and review to see if I have on occasion picked incorrectly. My impressions are made after reviewing these videos). These are not formal tests and I did swap drivers midway. These are just impressions and I would total accept someone else having a different take on things.

1) Sr.0C.Xt+(stamina) vs Sr.0S.Xt+(stamina) in opp spin
-Cross edges out Star for me. Each match is close and there is some back an forth but I do believe cross is overall better.
Video: https://youtu.be/g-ILEuMKHlE

2) Sr.0P.Xt+(stamina) vs Sr.0B.Xt+(stamina) in opp spin
-Bump beats Proof pretty convincingly in my opinion
Video: https://youtu.be/U8edtc59OkQ

3) Sr.0P.Xt+ (attack) vs Sr.0B.Xt+(attack) in opp spin
-Proof seems to edge out Bump for me here
Video: https://youtu.be/AHay2Vyk2iA
(Mar. 03, 2019  8:16 AM)Shindog Wrote: I went ahead and did some testing and here are my observations.  (During the making of the video I would attempt to point out the winner.  But I do go back and review to see if I have on occasion picked incorrectly.  My impressions are made after reviewing these videos).  These are not formal tests and I did swap drivers midway.  These are just impressions and I would total accept someone else having a different take on things.

-Cross edges out Star for me.  Each match is close and there is some back an forth but I do believe cross is overall better.
Video:  https://youtu.be/g-ILEuMKHlE

Thank you so much for making the videos. Now I can sleep tonight knowing that my questions are answered Grin
I think one of the biggest challenge in testing very close opposite spin match ups is reading the winner correctly at the end of the battle.  Sometimes it is incredibly difficult imo.  Viewing angle definitely makes a difference imo.  I don’t have multiple cameras set up but that would be better I think.  Also a better camera allowing super slow mo would be good, but I don’t have that.  Also I don’t want to run hundreds of rounds of testing...  I do occasionally get Mitchjett to also watch the video with me and independently let him pick winners as well to see if we agree on the same footage.   The thing is...we don’t always agree.  100% of the time take any results I post with a grain of salt.  My eyes, launches, technique, camera position, stadiums, and beyblade parts  are all imperfect.  I never post anything with the intention to disprove anyone else’s results. 

A camera like this will help but I don’t know if I will ever do this:

https://youtu.be/SxCbuuvUAAw
(Mar. 03, 2019  4:20 PM)Shindog Wrote: I think one of the biggest challenge in testing very close opposite spin match ups is reading the winner correctly at the end of the battle.  Sometimes it is incredibly difficult imo.  Viewing angle definitely makes a difference imo.  I don’t have multiple cameras set up but that would be better I think.  Also a better camera allowing super slow mo would be good, but I don’t have that.  Also I don’t want to run hundreds of rounds of testing...  I do occasionally get Mitchjett to also watch the video with me and independently let him pick winners as well to see if we agree on the same footage.   The thing is...we don’t always agree.  100% of the time take any results I post with a grain of salt.  My eyes, launches, technique, camera position, stadiums, and beyblade parts  are all imperfect.  I never post anything with the intention to disprove anyone else’s results. 

A camera like this will help but I don’t know if I will ever do this:

https://youtu.be/SxCbuuvUAAw
That camera is basically instant replays in spoting events! If only it was easier to obtain.
(Mar. 03, 2019  8:16 AM)Shindog Wrote: I went ahead and did some testing and here are my observations. (During the making of the video I would attempt to point out the winner. But I do go back and review to see if I have on occasion picked incorrectly. My impressions are made after reviewing these videos). These are not formal tests and I did swap drivers midway. These are just impressions and I would total accept someone else having a different take on things.

-Cross edges out Star for me. Each match is close and there is some back an forth but I do believe cross is overall better.
Video: https://youtu.be/g-ILEuMKHlE

Does this mean Bump Xt+ edges out Cross Xt+ (both Xt+s are in Stamina mode)?
(Mar. 03, 2019  4:22 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Mar. 03, 2019  2:18 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Thanks alot for making this Infinite.Zero. Although don't you think this can be incorporated into main tier list rather than making a seperate thread?

I have some comments and suggestions on this.

My BeyLife is complete now. @[Adarsh Abhinav] can understand why XD

You guys can give a try to Star frame on Xt+ combo as well and see if it can be added here. from my testing it had same if not higher LAD than Cross. I can't say for same spin stamina though.

I would suggest using Bump instead or keeping it as a option. When Xt+ is in attack mode. It relies more on precession rather than LAD. Proof makes it fall over faster and that LAD doesn't help as much as it hurts.

Perfect..

D Tier: (Outer Eternal) (00/0/7/10 Xtend+) (00/0/7/10 Proof Destroy/Destroy') (00/0/7/10 Wall/Turn/Lift Hold?)
Star and Cross can be here too. I believe Outer Eternal can be bit higher than this tbh
What about 0B/P Atomic/Octa? I'm pretty sure it would be higher than Ul and Outer Revolve.

Outer Yielding also places bit higher than Outer Revolve from my experience. Although don't add it in same class as At based combos.
[/quote]
Quote:This...is alot for me to take in right now lol. Finally my thread gets the recognition it never deserved. 

So...How should I begin :P
Thankyou for liking my post, I really appreciate your comments on how I should make this list better. I shall try my best to return your questions.

God Tier questions/suggestions from Fire Fire:
My answer: 
I will go ahead and add Star to Xt+ in the God tier, but I would have to include Glaive if thats ok with Shindog. What Ive learned from the high lad setups is the inconsisnt result it produces. Originally, I had planned to only allow Wall Br in it, but it seemed like such a waste to the tier that I decided it would be best if I included L/T Br and C Xt+. Later I added Outer Xt+ after some eerily close tests when put up against against C Xt+. Well enough said, I will add Star and Glaive if Shindog complies with it. Nvm since I pretty much gave this treatment to Br in the C tier, I will answer your wish for this tier.

A Tier questions/suggestions from Fire Fire:
My answer: 
Idk if Bump is better then Proof for Xt+ imo? I will have to check with Shindog if its viable when compared to Proof if thats ok with you.

B Tier questions/suggestions from Fire Fire:
My answer:
Thanks for the comment.

C Tier questions/suggestions from Fire Fire:
My answer:
Understood.

D Tier questions/suggestions from Fire Fire:
My answer:
I wont be adding Star or Cross to Ds. Instead Ill just be adding Expand to it. 

Outer Et cant compete with Bump/Proof/Cross/Star Br so I will not be promoting it to the next tier or giving it a salary raise lol.

F Tier questions/suggestions from Fire Fire:
My Answer:
At and Octa would be in the the next tier down if I made one. Ill consider making it, but def not right now. I still have to edit my first post xD after all this. I do not think they have the opposite spin stamina to compete with 0/00/7/10 Et, 0/0/7/10 Proof Ul, and Outer Revolve. Sry about that.

Interesting that Outer Yielding can beat Outer Revolve...kinda have to ask Shindog to test it.

Thx for putting your time into this list.

Tagging @[Shindog] bc I aint tagging him 3x in one post. It wont turn out well lol. 

To Shindog: Would it be ok with you if you could be my beyblade grammerly, and answer some of Fire Fire's questions I answered wrong. Im sry for asking you to do this again, but I dont want to make mistake without knowing it.

Tagging @[FIREFIRE CPB] bc i cant fix the quoting engine.

Thanks for reply I will go through your replies one by one (except one Shindog did test on)
Tier C:- Why though. Can you explain me in bit more detail. Off Topic. But is Expand any good?

But I feel Outer Eternal is atleast better than Destoey based combos. Destory based combos can be tier D maybe and 

Tier F:-
I'm not really sure about Ul based combos. As I never tried them this way. But I will definitely give them a try too

I remember Kei saying he had OSed Destory based combo with Octa. Although I'm not sure (@[Kei], if possible can you confirm if I'm recalling correct?). But I'm pretty sure Outer Revolve has less opposite spin stamina compared to Atomic based combos. I can do some video tests as well. But unfortunately I might only able to to do something 5 round . If that's okay, I will do it

Thanks for your effort for this list :)

(Mar. 03, 2019  8:16 AM)Shindog Wrote: I went ahead and did some testing and here are my observations.  (During the making of the video I would attempt to point out the winner.  But I do go back and review to see if I have on occasion picked incorrectly.  My impressions are made after reviewing these videos).  These are not formal tests and I did swap drivers midway.  These are just impressions and I would total accept someone else having a different take on things.

-Cross edges out Star for me.  Each match is close and there is some back an forth but I do believe cross is overall better.
Video:  https://youtu.be/g-ILEuMKHlE

Video: https://youtu.be/U8edtc59
[quote pid='1500810' dateline='1551597409']

) Sr.0P.Xt+ (attack) vs Sr.0B.Xt+(attack) in opp spin
[/quote]
1. I see. Way I did test was I used hS 0S/C Xt+ against right spin Bearing. Whichever I felt was having bit of an edge, I decided to use that. As I don't have another Xt+. My 2nd Atomic was lost and I wasn't sure if R vs R or O vs O would give me same result as Xt vs Xt. So I didn't tried that way. But if Star is close to Cross in performance. Is there any problems adding it too?
2. Wait what. I did found 0B Xt+ to be better on pP than Proof. But I didn't expecred same on Sr as well
3. That seems bit different than what I found. Although I did test with rP 0B/P Xt+ vs left spin stamina. Although do note that in Xt+ vs Xt+ attack mode. It also matters how launch was for each of them as if one of them hits stable while other from it's lower part (due to being bit wobbly). That might send one bit off balance and eventually stable one winning in end. Although I won't ask you to redo this. That's already so much work you did for my suggestion. Thanks alot for doing so much community ?.

Edit:- I seriously messed up with quoting in this msg lol. I just fixed it
(Mar. 16, 2019  1:49 PM)Twelvangla Wrote: Where is E tier?
Do you happen to get E for your tests? If yes, then Ill add it.
Total noob question...where do I learn what all the abbreviations mean, and the numbers. I assume they are certain combos of drivers, players, etc. But I need a legend.

Also, where can I see on the beyblade parts what their numbers/abbreviations are.
(Mar. 23, 2019  5:23 AM)WiltWMD Wrote: Total noob question...where do I learn what all the abbreviations mean, and the numbers.  I assume they are certain combos of drivers, players, etc. But I need a legend.  

Also, where can I see on the beyblade parts what their numbers/abbreviations are.
Numbers as in 10 or 7 refer to the number disks used in Post Evolution/God Beys. Beyblade Wiki might be what you need.

Edit: Link to Cho-Z/Turbo parts list:
https://beyblade.fandom.com/wiki/List_of...stem_parts
Was expand/lift hold tested?I have seen turn hold in a dH combo in shindog's channel.

Turn hold IMO had inconsistent LAD as sometimes it fell on the frame
(Mar. 23, 2019  11:25 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Was expand/lift hold tested?I have seen turn hold in a dH combo in shindog's channel.

Yes. Inconsistentcy with Hold Wall/Turn/Lift does happen from time to time, but it still out lad Naked Number Disk Et pretty consistently.
(Mar. 24, 2019  6:21 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Mar. 23, 2019  11:25 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Was expand/lift hold tested?I have seen turn hold in a dH combo in shindog's channel.

Yes. Inconsistentcy with Hold Wall/Turn/Lift does happen from time to time, but it still out lad Naked Number Disk Et pretty consistently.

What?!??! Out LAD-ing Et?!!!? That is much better than I thought.

Also,I wanted to ask this for a long time.What makes a layer bad at at having LAD?I have read in bloody longinus testing page that it has bad LAD.I have seen rock dragon getting badly outclassed in terms of LAD in an opposite spin mirror matchup.Why is it so?
(Mar. 24, 2019  10:33 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Mar. 24, 2019  6:21 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: Yes. Inconsistentcy with Hold Wall/Turn/Lift does happen from time to time, but it still out lad Naked Number Disk Et pretty consistently.

What?!??! Out LAD-ing Et?!!!? That is much better than I thought.

Also,I wanted to ask this for a long time.What makes a layer bad at at having LAD?I have read in bloody longinus testing page that it has bad LAD.I have seen rock dragon getting badly outclassed in terms of LAD in an opposite spin mirror matchup.Why is it so?
The SHAPE of the LAYER affects the LAD process ( The More the layer looks UNBALANCED , The more the LAD decreases )
(Mar. 24, 2019  2:15 PM)GOD CHIPS Wrote:
(Mar. 24, 2019  10:33 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: What?!??! Out LAD-ing Et?!!!? That is much better than I thought.

The SHAPE of the LAYER affects the LAD process ( The More the layer looks UNBALANCED , The more the LAD decreases )

Isn't that the same for combos or parts of combo in general?(I am not opposing your post)
If so,why does gF 1'g xt+ have amazing LAD? I know gF is not perfectly balanced and that the unbalanced nature of 1' might be used to correct it,but isn't the unbalanced nature of 1' too much the gF layer?
Bump.I have 2 questions.First-was proof xt+(attack) tested against cross/glaive xt+(stamina)?
Second-how good is hurricane on xt+ attack mode?I have seen results for xt+ stamina mode on shindog's channel
(Nov. 24, 2018  9:19 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: Opposite spin Tier list: Updated 5/8/19 12:55P.M. Pacific Time

S Tier: (00/0/7/10 Wall/Turn/Lift Bearing) (00/0/7/10/Outer/Hurricane(L Spin only) Cross Xtend+) (00/0/7/10 Wall/Turn/Lift Rise)

A Tier: (00/0/7/10 Proof Xtend+ (Attack)

B Tier: (00/0/7/10 Proof Bearing) (Outer Bearing)

C Tier: (00/0/7/10 Bump/Cross/Glaive/Star Bearing) 

D Tier: (Outer Eternal) (00/0/7/10 Xtend+) (00/0/7/10 Proof/Expand Destroy/Destroy') (00/0/7/10 Wall/Turn/Lift Hold/Hold')

F Tier: (00/0/7/10 Eternal) (00/0/7/10 Proof Ultimate Reboot)
(Outer Revolve) (Outer Absorb)

Side notes: 00/0/7/10 is recommended for every build listed except the ones with the"Outer,Hurricane"disk mentioned. Feel free to leave any suggestions and feedback/negative feedback to make this tier list better.

Thx for helping with this list @[Shindog].@[DaJetsnake].@[LazerBeamz].@[7sukuyomi].@[bladekid].@[Armor].@[FIREFIRE CPB].
I added slight changes to the list with the addition of the Rise Driver.

Is quoting your own post illegal?
Doesn't wall hold' have better LAD than outer eternal and expand destroy'? Also, the b and c tiers are pretty similar. I don't think (00/0/7/10 Bump/Cross/Glaive/Star Bearing) deserves a tier of its own.
S Tier: (00/0/7/10 Wall/Turn/Lift Bearing) (00/0/7/10/Outer/Hurricane(L Spin only) Cross Xtend+) (00/0/7/10 Wall/Turn/Lift Rise)

Really Rise? I know you guys do a lot of testing before editing, is there an actual video whereis Rise is being tested? thanks!
What are the types tho? (Attack, stamina, defense and balanced)
(May. 09, 2019  4:35 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Doesn't wall hold' have better LAD than outer eternal and expand destroy'? Also, the b and c tiers are pretty similar. I don't think (00/0/7/10 Bump/Cross/Glaive/Star Bearing) deserves a tier of its own.
Your right about B and C tier being too similar. Ill be sure to to update my Thread when the time comes. On the other hand, Wall/Turn/Lift Hold/Hold' Isnt very consistent at beating weaker Br combos. Thats why I left it in the D tier.

Thx a bunch for the suggestions Smile
(May. 10, 2019  12:39 PM)Isla Wrote: S Tier: (00/0/7/10 Wall/Turn/Lift Bearing) (00/0/7/10/Outer/Hurricane(L Spin only) Cross Xtend+) (00/0/7/10 Wall/Turn/Lift Rise)

Really Rise? I know you guys do a lot of testing before editing, is there an actual video whereis Rise is being tested? thanks!
Yes. Shindog has posted video/testing on 00W Rise v.s. 00W Bearing. Ill be sure to link the video to you when I feel like it lol....
(May. 10, 2019  3:41 PM)TheTrueNub Wrote: What are the types tho? (Attack, stamina, defense and balanced)
Hmm...this thread mainly talks about top tier opposite spin combos for Beyblade Burst rn. I guess this could be considered stamina?
(May. 10, 2019  10:28 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(May. 09, 2019  4:35 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: Doesn't wall hold' have better LAD than outer eternal and expand destroy'? Also, the b and c tiers are pretty similar. I don't think (00/0/7/10 Bump/Cross/Glaive/Star Bearing) deserves a tier of its own.
Your right about B and C tier being too similar. Ill be sure to to update my Thread when the time comes. On the other hand, Wall/Turn/Lift Hold/Hold' Isnt very consistent at beating weaker Br combos. Thats why I left it in the D tier.
(May. 10, 2019  12:39 PM)Isla Wrote: S Tier: (00/0/7/10 Wall/Turn/Lift Bearing) (00/0/7/10/Outer/Hurricane(L Spin only) Cross Xtend+) (00/0/7/10 Wall/Turn/Lift Rise)

Yes. Shindog has posted video/testing on 00W Rise v.s. 00W Bearing. Ill be sure to link the video to you when I feel like it lol....
I just saved you time and energy.
Here is the bearing vs rise video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqy53YjAyHM

Also, I know wall hold' is kinda inconsistent at times. But, IMO that does not justify it being 1 or even 2 tiers lower from where it will be at its best. It has better LAD than outer eternal and no-diskframe xtend+, right? I suggest it being at least in c tier on its own.
(Nov. 24, 2018  9:19 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: Opposite spin Tier list: Updated 5/8/19 12:55P.M. Pacific Time

S Tier: (00/0/7/10 Wall/Turn/Lift Bearing) (00/0/7/10/Outer/Hurricane(L Spin only) Cross Xtend+) (00/0/7/10 Wall/Turn/Lift Rise)

A Tier: (00/0/7/10 Proof Xtend+ (Attack)

B Tier: (00/0/7/10 Proof Bearing) (Outer Bearing)

C Tier:  (00/0/7/10 Wall/Turn/Lift Hold/Hold')

D Tier: (Outer Eternal) (00/0/7/10 Xtend+) (00/0/7/10 Proof/Expand Destroy/Destroy') 

F Tier: (00/0/7/10 Eternal) (00/0/7/10 Proof Ultimate Reboot)
(Outer Revolve) (Outer Absorb)

Side notes: 00/0/7/10 is recommended for every build listed except the ones with the"Outer,Hurricane"disk mentioned. Feel free to leave any suggestions and feedback/negative feedback to make this tier list better.

Thx for helping with this list @[Shindog].@[DaJetsnake].@[LazerBeamz].@[7sukuyomi].@[bladekid].@[Armor].@[FIREFIRE CPB].@[Ash_Ketchum_007]

(May. 11, 2019  9:07 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(May. 10, 2019  10:28 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote: Your right about B and C tier being too similar. Ill be sure to to update my Thread when the time comes. On the other hand, Wall/Turn/Lift Hold/Hold' Isnt very consistent at beating weaker Br combos. Thats why I left it in the D tier.
I just saved you time and energy.
Here is the bearing vs rise video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqy53YjAyHM

Also, I know wall hold' is kinda inconsistent at times. But, IMO that does not justify it being 1 or even 2 tiers lower from where it will be at its best. It has better LAD than outer eternal and no-diskframe xtend+, right? I suggest it being at least in c tier on its own.
Here ya go.