TAKARA-TOMY announces new, third Beyblade generation: Beyblade Burst! ベイブレードバースト

The parts look really durable to me, FWIW.
(May. 12, 2015  6:14 PM)Tri Wrote: Takara is a very good qualty company. I'm sure they thought beforehand that if they are making a dissambeling type series that it needs to be parts that can withstand enough impact not to completely shatter.

But even then, it's a Beyblade series. Parts are bound to break. That's innescapable.

You say that but I don't really recall anyone complaining of their MFB parts breaking like ever really. As the series have gone on Takara has improved their designs to make the way the system is designed as less breakable. Just from the merit that the main parts of this new generation are plastic in non outrageous shapes (this was part of the problem with some plastics parts) shows that it's going to be harder to break.
The worst damage I can see these inflicting upon one another is naturally occurring mechanical wear. Less damaging malfunction may help prioritize which spare parts you need and what can wait.
(May. 12, 2015  10:42 PM)Ultra Wrote:
(May. 12, 2015  6:14 PM)Tri Wrote: Takara is a very good qualty company. I'm sure they thought beforehand that if they are making a dissambeling type series that it needs to be parts that can withstand enough impact not to completely shatter.

But even then, it's a Beyblade series. Parts are bound to break. That's innescapable.

You say that but I don't really recall anyone complaining of their MFB parts breaking like ever really. As the series have gone on Takara has improved their designs to make the way the system is designed as less breakable. Just from the merit that the main parts of this new generation are plastic in non outrageous shapes (this was part of the problem with some plastics parts) shows that it's going to be harder to break.
I'm more careful than most and my MFB spin tracks, facebolts, and occasionally performance tips still get damaged pretty frequently. Anything that's plastic is liable to break and while the plastic shell in Burst looks durable, the fact that its exposed to the most direct contact, the way the metal wheel is in MFB, could prove to be problematic. Only time will tell.
I seem to recall someone battling against their Macbook? :p
(May. 13, 2015  3:27 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: I'm more careful than most and my MFB spin tracks, facebolts, and occasionally performance tips still get damaged pretty frequently. Anything that's plastic is liable to break and while the plastic shell in Burst looks durable, the fact that its exposed to the most direct contact, the way the metal wheel is in MFB, could prove to be problematic. Only time will tell.

Only time will tell, indeed, but we can draw conclusions from just looking at it. Plastic is less brittle than metal, and this plastic looks really, really solid. And you know we've had plastic "attacking parts" before, yeah? They were admittedly more fragile than they should've been, but it's not as if they were breaking all the time, either. (Well, mostly.)
The wheel looks like a series 2 Battle Striker wheel to me which when I remember, the structure was solid, I know the plastic could be different but this chunky piece of plastic is probably built to take more abuse than something like the plastic series.
Two more days till the manga for Beyblade Burst to be released (I think).

I really REALLY hope the manga or anime looks nothing like Cross Fight B-Daman's art style (I'm sorry, I just don't like it).
(May. 13, 2015  4:56 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(May. 13, 2015  3:27 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: I'm more careful than most and my MFB spin tracks, facebolts, and occasionally performance tips still get damaged pretty frequently. Anything that's plastic is liable to break and while the plastic shell in Burst looks durable, the fact that its exposed to the most direct contact, the way the metal wheel is in MFB, could prove to be problematic. Only time will tell.

Only time will tell, indeed, but we can draw conclusions from just looking at it. Plastic is less brittle than metal, and this plastic looks really, really solid. And you know we've had plastic "attacking parts" before, yeah? They were admittedly more fragile than they should've been, but it's not as if they were breaking all the time, either. (Well, mostly.)

Honestly, I just hope it doesn't feel like the "trick" I did when I was about 10, where you would take out the metal wheel and only use Energy rings.
They do seem kind of small, which I do wish they were on Plastics size as opposed to HMS-esque.
(May. 14, 2015  5:02 AM)Neo Wrote: I just hope it doesn't feel like the "trick" I did when I was about 10, where you would take out the metal wheel and only use Energy rings.

It won't. Part of the crappiness of energy ring only battles came from the fact that they had no weight behind them. Oldschool plastic beys still get some great hits on eachother and these will too.

What worries me is how the fit was slightly variable in MFB even among supposedly identical parts. If the gimmick relies on this (and it will), will Burst be more about purchasing luck than customization and launching skill?
No offense, but the boxart of the new burst series looks like that of the Rapidity, lol

I wonder how they record the real-time battle thing.
The blast gimmick might have serious bolting problems after prolonged use...... Since the wheels are likely to be just loosely capped onto the track, for them to explode after hitting each other the wheels might have difficulties capping onto the wheel as they fly-off from the track often.
(May. 14, 2015  12:40 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(May. 14, 2015  5:02 AM)Neo Wrote: I just hope it doesn't feel like the "trick" I did when I was about 10, where you would take out the metal wheel and only use Energy rings.

It won't. Part of the crappiness of energy ring only battles came from the fact that they had no weight behind them. Oldschool plastic beys still get some great hits on eachother and these will too.

What worries me is how the fit was slightly variable in MFB even among supposedly identical parts. If the gimmick relies on this (and it will), will Burst be more about purchasing luck than customization and launching skill?

Great point. It will definitely be required to purchase multiples of any part that contains a Burst clutch, in order to pick the tightest one. The chances of there being no manufacturing variance is zero.
Ah, so the Beyblade Burst manga does not start this month in CoroCoro : there is only a double/spread page showing Valkyrie and perhaps indicating that the new Beyblades are done with a 3D printer or just saying something about 3D action ... It actually also does not say when the manga would start or even really say "look forward to next month's issue", but I suppose we will do that as if it were implied, hah. At least Beyblade is back in CoroCoro after more than a year, I think.
(May. 14, 2015  5:31 PM)Gingka7854 Wrote: How you know this ?

I am Jesus.

I was in Japan yesterday and tried to buy one myself right before leaving, but apparently you really have to be a subscriber to receive it early in the mail. But I have never needed to be right in Japan to bring news from there to the Beyblade community, nor to own the products or have attended the press releases or special exhibitions.
We'll have to wait till next month, dont we? If so then I just got slapped in the face..
(May. 14, 2015  12:40 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:

I mean, I added weight disks. They were still carp.
So let us talk about the "Explosion" thingy of the new Burst Series.
Like BeyBrad (yo remember me?) said, until now the explosion thing can be complete random, there is yet a way to know if there is a possibility for beys to break up on their own (although to me, with audios on, the beyblade seemed to have crankling sounds before they blow up, similar to when you loosely bolted the MFBs and they eventually disassemble themselves).
This causes the game to be more luck-based which may be intentionally done by Takara-Tomy designers, which the lack of customization (only one plastic wheel, one metal basis like that of the HWS and the track-bottom in one similar to 4D MFB tracks) strongly supports my suggestion of making Beyblade more luck-based since you have no idea on the "durability" of the bey.

Now I am not going to discus if this may ruin the game or puts more fun to the metagame since it can either adversely or positively affect the game, and for an inexperienced player like me I have no rights to decide, although in the original MFB series breaking-up is a joke to make fun with.

I am more concerned about the durability of these beys - So far if they will break up randomly, how are we going to hold them in pieces? I first thought of a clip-on system like that you used in PC cables for internet connection but only loosely held on, and then maybe a capping design like, probably a candy jar.

However the design may be, it will come to a problem - Are they durable enough for wreckage? Even in MFB the bolts may break up due to intense collision, for beys like the Burst which has no bolts to hold them up, if something like an incredibly heavy defensive bey comes out or two vigorously moving Striker beys collide with each other, the holding system surely is a problem to be highly concerned, especially if they used a Zinc oxide wheel similar in fashion like the 4D MFB cores. If you came across with cables often, you will surely know that the clips of the cables will eventually break if you pull it off and plug it in repeatedly, which for something that will spontaneously break up, this problem becomes something to be concerned with.

As someone has mentioned it before, what happens if beys collide strongly or repeatedly? Since we do not know the mechanism of Burst till now (and definitely not by miniature CPUs), but by logic if beys happen to collide too much the mechanisms within the beys will be damaged, especially for something as fragile like the new generation. Although they are made mostly plastic, most likely is due to the need to get around with the breakage problem due to collisions, it still gives quite some pressure to the mechanism, especially, for sure, when something like a Rubber Flat comes out.
Surprised to see you say you agree with me before saying a ton of things I disagree with. :')
Large post coming in because I find this post will be too big for putting it into the existing post.

So after watching through the Burst thingy I wanna talk about something else.

I really liked the design of Valkyrie Wing(?) Accele, not only the naming makes the bey sounds more profounding, the overall design of Valkyrie is full of straight, stream-lined edges which makes the bey looks as if it shows the fierce of a Valkyrie and yet the lightweight-ness of a female.

Only what matters is the Bey only contains three parts, man if they allow a 4-part design like the Plastic Wheel, the Metal Ring, the track and tip is divided (like MFB) into two so that it allows more customization. Although it seems that Takara Tomy wanted to introduce more luck into the metagame, it is still better to hold more customization so that players are more satisfyed.

Coolest Launcher and Beypoint machine ever saw, only if they could introduce a string launcher instead of a light launcher in the Valkyrie set.

NFC chips are used? Probably they would be in a fashion like microwave/Magnetic field mechanism to charge up the NFC chips so that the chips will transfer data during battle, but I wonder how would the beys consider winning/losing, it would get messy if players need to connect their beys and the Beypoint machine during setup.

Someone said that it may get messy if the beys explode at the same time, but hell your eyes are focusing on the bey themselves aren't you? Unless both players uses beys that are exactly identical to each other or else it shouldn't be THAT confusing.

(May. 15, 2015  4:19 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Surprised to see you say you agree with me before saying a ton of things I disagree with. :')

Uh I thought that I agree with you it makes the game more luck-based?

Further Edit: The way of explosion of the new beys strongly resemble that of those in the NDS game of Cyber Pegasis where Beys explode if their RPM drops to zero.

Further edit 2: Is there any reliable information about what systems are compatible with the BeyLogger? IOS or Android or Both?
Apparently TAKARA-TOMY is counting on Beyblade Burst and "Snacks World" as their big bet in 2015. The latter seems really 'cheapish', so I suppose everything is on Beyblade's shoulders, hah. What OkinawamTS mentioned also makes sense, that the first few releases would have low amounts made to be wary in case of failure : we all know how little Random Booster Vol. 1 Secret Aries were produced.
Curious, in case of tournaments will the previous Gen 2 (Seasons 1 and 2 for example) be banned from tournaments then? I understand that usually the next gen completely wrecks the old gen (In certain cases) so it just hit me with curiosity and needed to ask this.