Synchrom Force Smashers.

(Dec. 18, 2012  4:05 AM)ShinobuXD Wrote: I can test in a Zero-G stadium before I travel. It might have similar results, though.

As long as it's a test :)
(Dec. 18, 2012  3:37 AM)Unstoppable Wrote:
(Dec. 18, 2012  3:24 AM)Ingulit Wrote: This question is more for Kain_Highwind than anyone else since I know he can really help with this: What chrome wheels are best for Force/Downward smash? You like Gryph, right?

Also, we should discuss tips. MB is a great choice, and I already mentioned RB. Another option that Kain_Highwind brought to our attention is BSF; are there any others that should be considered?

Maybe WSF cause it's aggressive when first launched then it cools down. Also, someone really needs to test this in a Zero-G stadium.

That's not a half bad idea, one that deserves testing anyway. I've got two concerns, though:

WSF can't catch the tornado ridge to save its life (literally), which is something that potentially recoil-heavy force smashers need to take into consideration. Honestly, I think WSF has some of the worst recoil handling of any tip in existance, but the other side of that coin is that WSF is also the most forgiving of bad launches since it won't start tornado stalling on accident.

My biggest concern is the tip's height. I'm unsure if you'd be able to get much contact with TH220WSF against SA165___ or even some 145 stuff on tall tips. IMO, that's the primary reason MB and BSF work so well for this. It could still work marvelously, but tip height is important.

A somewhat obvious option I think deserves testing is CS; it's a good height, has pretty good stamina, and it has great recoil handling. A less obvious option is HF/S; while its recoil handling and overall performance is pretty horrific, it is still the tallest tip AND it allows for extemely fine tuning of the height with its mode change. It will probably still fail for the reasons HF/S has failed in the past, but it might be worth testing.

Zero-G testing would be great; post about it in the subforum!
Maybe more testing with different tips tmw... For now here is Kain_Highwind's request.
MSF-H Ifraid Revizer 230MB vs. Duo Gasher 230D
Standard Procedure + Duo First
Ifraid: 1/10
Duo: 9/10
Detailed Results
Anything on 230 can defeat this and it's purpose.
Have you guys forgotten about poor old WF? I think WF could also be used in force smash setups. I'll try to test something with it in the next day or so. Best I have is Cosmic or Ifraid Ifraid though, so bear with me.
Ifraid Ifraid is fine. I use Revizer cuz i only have one..
(Dec. 17, 2012  11:15 PM)Kain_Highwind Wrote: I would like to see some tests against Duo Gasher 230D if you do not mind. Duo combo and Duo ____ 230 MB usually give most force smashers a lot of trouble.

Um of course they do. The ideal opponents are supposed to be lower than the combo used...
(Dec. 18, 2012  3:24 AM)Ingulit Wrote: This question is more for Kain_Highwind than anyone else since I know he can really help with this: What chrome wheels are best for Force/Downward smash? You like Gryph, right?

Also, we should discuss tips. MB is a great choice, and I already mentioned RB. Another option that Kain_Highwind brought to our attention is BSF; are there any others that should be considered?

The best force smashers I have seen are (in order from best to worse)
Gryph
Killerken
Phoenic (especially after its contact points have turned up from wear)
Ifraid
Gargole (somewhat)

As far as the tips go, what you said plus TB. I really like TB especially with Killerken because its movement pattern works very well with Killerken's grinding.

Ultra Wrote:Um of course they do. The ideal opponents are supposed to be lower than the combo used...

The way you say this suggests that I do not already know that. Actually I am very aware of the ideal opponents for a force smasher, but does it not make since to test against something that is not an ideal opponent? Personally I would much rather know if a combo designed to be a force smasher could handle an opponent that it should not be able to cause then you know you have something great.

Speaking of Force Smashers vs same or higher opponents....The synchrom system offers a wonderful way to help with this by having a good force smasher as your bottom wheel, a good smash attacker as your top wheel, and an aggressive tip. When I get some time I am going to take my Gryph Gryph E230BSF combo and try Pegasis as the top wheel to hopefully help vs Duo 230D.
What's the best synchrom Force Smasher? Is it MSF-H Gryph Gyph E230 BSF?
I believe that it is the best one that has been tested. There is a good possiblity that there is a better one cause a lot of Synchroms have yet to be tested, and out of the tests we have, very few Force Smash combos have been tested.

Edit: I still have not got a chance to test MSF-Gryph Pegasis E230BSF, but I have a feeling it will do better than Gryph Gryph.
Ok, maybe I will get some testing later today or tmw before Saturday... If I get some in I'll edit this post. BSF on the way!
500th post.
Ok, I will not have any testing up for a while cause i want to try something else. Will get back to this later. Cheers!
I'm glad you bumped this, I need to add another Chrome Wheel to that list. Wyvang has almost as much Force smash as Gryph. I'll try to get some tests up soon, but my wife could have our baby any day so forgive me if it takes a little while.
(Dec. 31, 2012  10:28 PM)Kain_Highwind Wrote: I'm glad you bumped this, I need to add another Chrome Wheel to that list. Wyvang has almost as much Force smash as Gryph. I'll try to get some tests up soon, but my wife could have our baby any day so forgive me if it takes a little while.

Great! Hope you and your wife will enjoy your new baby. (whenever he/her pops out)