Swimming discussion

When I swim I just swim plain under water or butterfly
What do u mean plain under water swimming.and don't u have to be close to the surface to do butterfly properly
i do the back crawl, the elementary back stroke, and i like to float on my back
also i can be pushed to the bottom of the pool and float back up without moving a muscle, ah i love to swim
(Jan. 11, 2011  4:53 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: also i can be pushed to the bottom of the pool and float back up without moving a muscle, ah i love to swim

It's because when you hold your breath, you take a breath in first. If you do the same thing, but after your lungs have minimal oxygen, then hold your breath, your body will not float back up.
Backstroke is one of my favs. It snowing here so I won't be able to swim till Saturday
(Jan. 11, 2011  4:57 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2011  4:53 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: also i can be pushed to the bottom of the pool and float back up without moving a muscle, ah i love to swim

It's because when you hold your breath, you take a breath in first. If you do the same thing, but after your lungs have minimal oxygen, then hold your breath, your body will not float back up.

well everyone i know cant float when the roll up into a ball and dont move a muscle (at the surface of the water)...
^ I can do that too. You just need to hold your breath.
(Jan. 11, 2011  5:13 AM)Nano Wrote: ^ I can do that too. You just need to hold your breath.

meh i never held my breath when i did that <- ok i will stop now, but its true...

but because of this i cant dive/swim underwater well :\
I really can't dive either.it turns into a hog belly flop dige (owchies)
(Jan. 11, 2011  6:50 PM)Ra Wrote: I really can't dive either.it turns into a hog belly flop dige (owchies)

same here lol, i hate that
i found that diving with one leg on my nee instead of diving standing up is easier (yes its a correct way to dive)
that is why I don't go to swim meets any more hah.And Pyro post those results kay
well i have my first swimming class of the year today (i missed last week) i will say how it goes
My Friends and I go swimming only on weekends but the weather Is quite Discouraging so swimming is pretty difficult when the water is as cold as icy cold metal. But now and then I go swimming.
lucky most of the pools near me are indoors Tongue_out
My swim team pool is outdoors,but they put a tent and a couple of heaters so we don't die of hypothermia
i cant swim at all tougth i wish i could then i wouldnt have to worry about drownig or stuff like that so wean i want to go to the lake i have to wear a lifevest
From what I've read it seems diving is included, too.

I need 11 dives to qualify for states this year. I have 10 so far, and they are as follows:

Forwards: Dive tuck, tuck flip, tuck summersault and a half
Twists: Front summersault half twist
Inwards: Dive tuck, flip tuck
Backwards: Dive tuck, flip tuck
Reverses: Dive tuck, flip tuck

Yeah, I do a lot of tuck dives.

For those wondering, these are off of a 1 meter board. I've gone off of a 3 meter once with a tuck dive, but that's it.
When we go to florida for our swimming trip this year (Or "hell week") I'm going to have to jump off of the 5 meter...Gulp...
I love to swim but I am so SLOW, but I can tread water for a long time.
I can swim well, but when I start losing stamina, my body just sinks. Also, swim team tryouts are this Monday, does anyone know any tips they they can give me?
I would love to swim, but I do not know how to. Thanks to all those Indian Superstitions, I was told that the cause of my death would be water. This sentence was enough to convince my parents not to allow me to swim...
Dumb.... If I would know to swim, I'd not die! So allowing me to swim is a better way to avoid the pointless 'predicted' cause of death. Hmph! Angry
My 50m freestyle personalbest time is 33.73 secs.
50 butterfly is 39.19
Very slow
IMO any activity in which you jump off an elevated platform headfirst is unpleasant at best. I can't dive dive, but I can hold my breath for quite a while and I can easily make it to 12 feet or so down and swim around for a few seconds. It's really fun being able to swim around deep below the diving well at the pool; it's much less crowded 10 feet below the surface XD

I really enjoy swimming, but I'm not particularly fast; I would never consider joining a swim team, for instance. But I really, really love just being in the water, and so I've spent a good deal of time at the high school pool, which is open pretty much all year to the public.