Super Smash Bros. Series Discussion

(Oct. 22, 2021  3:31 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2021  9:42 PM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: I think you’re overrating gunner. Gunner has the problem of bad matchups against the faster characters and bad grab combos making her less viable then other characters. She has solid zoning, but struggles close up. Also she kind of struggles on platforms. This is sort of like the general consensus of pro players.
I do honestly disagree, gunner has a great MU chart imo. Goes even with characters like pika, palu wolf, and joker,and does well against top tiers like lucina and snake. Gunner doesn't have the best combos out of grab, but does a lot of damage with her throws and has the best 6 frame grab in the game. I think you are underestimating her up close game, she has things like a smash 4 cloud nair, a fast disjointed bair, great tilts, and one of the best fairs in the game, I don't think she is that bad up close. The only fast characters that are a problem are like fox, falcon, Falco, and ZSS. I also think she is good on plats as she can trap with projectiles and all that. But while all that is cool, her main strength is adaptability due to her specials. She can cover pretty much any matchup besides the really bad ones. There are only a few that really make it hard for gunner. Plus, some of the best ledgetrapping in the game.

Going even with top tiers isn’t saying much especially when all the mid tiers have pretty ok matchups with top tiers. Also in a game with a meta of grabs you need grab combos. Also most pro players place her in mid tier and most people seem to agree that’s she’s mid, the general consensus is mid tier and there’s no problem with playing mid tier. No way mii gunner does good against all the top tiers you mentioned (only one is snake and then to only even) just look at the matchup charts for those two and they’ll tell you a different story then what you’re saying. Also most characters have answers to mii gunner up close. Also in a tournament you can’t change the moveset for mii mid way you know that right? https://www.reddit.com/r/CrazyHand/comme...r_placing/
Umm, can we create a combo for every smash character??
I have been wanting this game for ages!
I may be getting it soon!
BTW could someone rate Dark Pit for me?
'Cause online there were mixed reviews (top-mid tier)
I'm asking this because my first mission will be to obtain him! (which is hard- at least from what I've heard)
(Oct. 22, 2021  7:20 AM)GhostFox Wrote: I have been wanting this game for ages!
I may be getting it soon!
BTW could someone rate Dark Pit for me?
'Cause online there were mixed reviews (top-mid tier)
I'm asking this because my first mission will be to obtain him! (which is hard- at least from what I've heard)

Dark pit is a pretty solid mid tier. He’s got good neutral, but his hit boxes aren’t the best
(Oct. 22, 2021  4:00 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2021  3:31 AM)bladekid Wrote: I do honestly disagree, gunner has a great MU chart imo. Goes even with characters like pika, palu wolf, and joker,and does well against top tiers like lucina and snake. Gunner doesn't have the best combos out of grab, but does a lot of damage with her throws and has the best 6 frame grab in the game. I think you are underestimating her up close game, she has things like a smash 4 cloud nair, a fast disjointed bair, great tilts, and one of the best fairs in the game, I don't think she is that bad up close. The only fast characters that are a problem are like fox, falcon, Falco, and ZSS. I also think she is good on plats as she can trap with projectiles and all that. But while all that is cool, her main strength is adaptability due to her specials. She can cover pretty much any matchup besides the really bad ones. There are only a few that really make it hard for gunner. Plus, some of the best ledgetrapping in the game.

Going even with top tiers isn’t saying much especially when all the mid tiers have pretty ok matchups with top tiers. Also in a game with a meta of grabs you need grab combos. Also most pro players place her in mid tier and most people seem to agree that’s she’s mid, the general consensus is mid tier and there’s no problem with playing mid tier. No way mii gunner does good against all the top tiers you mentioned (only one is snake and then to only even)  just look at the matchup charts for those two and they’ll tell you a different story then what you’re saying. Also most characters have answers to mii gunner up close. Also in a tournament you can’t change the moveset for mii mid way you know that right? https://www.reddit.com/r/CrazyHand/comme...r_placing/
You can indeed change between movesets in-between matches. Snake is +2 at worst, anyone who says that's even has either never played a good gunner, or just generally don't understand either character. I also forgot to meantion that gunner destroys peach and daisy too. People do say gunner is mid, but also most people don't even see gunner as a real character, you can't really trust the opinion of a top player who has probably never even learned about gunner. Also keep in mind that brawler was seen is super low tier not one year ago and swordfighter was seen as high tier at the beginning of the game, so people can and have been wrong.
(Oct. 22, 2021  5:54 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2021  4:00 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: Going even with top tiers isn’t saying much especially when all the mid tiers have pretty ok matchups with top tiers. Also in a game with a meta of grabs you need grab combos. Also most pro players place her in mid tier and most people seem to agree that’s she’s mid, the general consensus is mid tier and there’s no problem with playing mid tier. No way mii gunner does good against all the top tiers you mentioned (only one is snake and then to only even)  just look at the matchup charts for those two and they’ll tell you a different story then what you’re saying. Also most characters have answers to mii gunner up close. Also in a tournament you can’t change the moveset for mii mid way you know that right? https://www.reddit.com/r/CrazyHand/comme...r_placing/
You can indeed change between movesets in-between matches. Snake is +2 at worst, anyone who says that's even has either never played a good gunner, or just generally don't understand either character. I also forgot to meantion that gunner destroys peach and daisy too. People do say gunner is mid, but also most people don't even see gunner as a real character, you can't really trust the opinion of a top player who has probably never even learned about gunner. Also keep in mind that brawler was seen is super low tier not one year ago and swordfighter was seen as high tier at the beginning of the game, so people can and have been wrong.

This is literally your word against the word of several other people. I’m more inclined to believe the several other people then your one word. Also everything you’ve said about people not knowing enough about brawler can be said about every mid tier. Take a look at esam’s tier list, maybe that’ll change your mind.
Yeah, and gunner is the worst one out of the miis
(May. 19, 2023  2:58 AM)ElDiablo69 Wrote: Yeah, and gunner is the worst one out of the miis

It depends on how you play them. If pro enough gunner is the best because of how you can literally spam projectiles.