Super Smash Bros: Project M

So has anyone played this? (probably Ingulit)

PM is a mod for Super Smash Bros. Brawl that's designed to make Brawl play more like Melee. The creators of the older mod Brawl+ are now part of this project, the PMBR or Project M Back Room. The mod recently hit Version 3.0, making it a fully fledged game with all of the characters from Brawl along with Roy and Mewtwo.

What the devs have done with this game is absolutely incredible. They've fixed moves to fit competitive play and changed the engine entirely. They even invented an entirely new engine just to fit this game, an engine that allows them to insert characters of any kind with any art/moveset/etc. that they want.

It doesn't require homebrew or hacking, though you can do that as well to obtain it. All you need is a 2GB SD Card for the Wii (specifically anything that is 2GB or less because Brawl doesn't recognize anything above 2GB) and to remove all custom stages from Stage Builder.

The game is amazing to say the least. I brought over my Brawl mains of ZSS and Lucas and picked up Roy. I'm trying to pick up Mewtwo and I might use my old Brawl main of Lucario because he's freaking legit in P:M. For the most part, every character is.

So! Discussion, match set-up, etc. The website is here: http://projectmgame.com/en/
Wow I didn't even know there was a thread for this haha, well on project M I main Pit, I freakin love him he has been buffed so much since brawl. I also use Sonic, Marth, Roy, and I'm also trying to get into mewtwo
Mains are Lucas and Falco, with a secondary in Mewtwo and hopefully the Captain himself.

Roy is 2DTilt4me, though Sethlon is great to watch.
I played this hack, and it's like playing Melee again for the first time. The classic characters are there, but so are the newcomers and the smash ball, but wow, whoever made the concept of this was a hell of a genius. Did you ever think Mewtwo could have a final smash twice as powerful as Lucarios? I didn't either, in fact I thought they weren't gonna give him or Roy a final smash, but they did, an they're OP. I gotta poop on all good things though, I had to put my dad through hell downloading this, and they nerfed Mr. Game and Watch's up-b move. They also nerfed Lucas's B move, it doesn't even work at all. Work out the minor tweaks and make it easier to download, and then I could put this game above SSBB.
(Jun. 28, 2014  8:46 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: I played this hack, and it's like playing Melee again for the first time. The classic characters are there, but so are the newcomers and the smash ball, but wow, whoever made the concept of this was a hell of a genius. Did you ever think Mewtwo could have a final smash twice as powerful as Lucarios? I didn't either, in fact I thought they weren't gonna give him or Roy a final smash, but they did, an they're OP. I gotta poop on all good things though, I had to put my dad through hell downloading this, and they nerfed Mr. Game and Watch's up-b move. They also nerfed Lucas's B move, it doesn't even work at all. Work out the minor tweaks and make it easier to download, and then I could put this game above SSBB.

For Lucas's B move, you need to charge it. When it's done, some of his attacks get STRONG. The sheer power of his up and down-smash is incredible. The others don't even stand a chance. (I'm exaggerating this a little bit too much...)
Yea lucas's up smash after he uses his neutral B is incredible, the outbox is so freakin large!

*Hitbox
SHL (not worth fast-falling) Dair to B-charged USmash is one of his best KO combos. UThrow is as strong as Mewtwo's in Melee, and don't get me started on Fair chains or the Bair spike lol.
I have played this mod and I think its amazing to say the least. I love how even they made the characters, and that no one is to OP. Although it seems to have made Link a little to good. I main as Lucas, Ness, and Toon Link in this.
I haven't been able to enjoy it much because my Wii is borked such that I cannot practice. The mod also has a lot of things that I dislike:

I really miss the buffer, as it makes command input substantially smoother and in my eyes is one of the best things they added to Brawl. I personally have extreme difficulty doing the most basic of things without the buffer in Project M (or Melee for that matter) because I'm so used to it being there, and one is not allowed to turn on the buffer in tournaments.

I really dislike L-Canceling, especially since they specifically added it in. It's a punisher mechanic and was only added "because Melee," which is a bad reason to keep such a bad mechanic. The mod should just have had lower aerial lag across the board rather than requiring the horribly unintuitive need to shield after aerials to reduce lag.

The mod is really cool in many ways but considering how much more I prefer Brawl to Melee (an opinion which has gotten me personally attacked by Melee/P:M supporters, yay) I haven't been able to really get into it.
I might play this mod. It looks interesting. I already play Sonic as a main in brawl and I heard he's even better in this game. But does anybody know how to play online? Aren't the servers down?
The servers use the same as Nintendo, so no... Pretty annoying, Nintendo should have discontinued services AFTER SSBU comes out, not discontinue it about a year before.
I like how when you start up the game it says: "Make sure your wrist strap is on tight to contain hype"
(Jul. 02, 2014  10:42 PM)OwnageDerp Wrote: The servers use the same as Nintendo, so no... Pretty annoying, Nintendo should have discontinued services AFTER SSBU comes out, not discontinue it about a year before.

They should revive it anyways.
Poor Starforce 3...oh how I loved you.
whoa what? so you can modify the wii files without any hardware hax now?

jawsome. +1 this thread.

I actually didn't know this was possible. I don't own a wii anymore, so this probably doesn't apply to me. But that's totally jawsome that you can do that now. If anything, as a PC gamer, this mod makes me wanna buy a wii. Shoot, I didn't even know you can mod a wii software wise like this. Totally jawsome.
I think you can get an emulator and use the mod there.

It feels so weird after you get used to Project M and then go back and play brawl. I've been 1v1ing various characters on nasty difficulty as Sonic and I've been getting way better. The controls in Project M seem smoother than in brawl.

Also Sonic's spike attack is AMAZING!
Oh gosh, I can't disagree more about the controls being smoother. Personally, I can very smoothly jump and immediately use an aerial in Brawl, but I have yet to be able to do that in Project: M. P:M's controls are jerky and unintuitive, and they removed what I believe was one of the best improvements Brawl offered the Smash formula (the buffer) just because the designers wanted to show off their uber 1337 frame perfect tech sk1llz. The controls literally took several steps backward by design, and I don't think I'd ever consider a game with no buffer where you have to do things like arbitrarily shield whenever you use an aerial to be smoother than the much more intuitive Brawl controls.

I never really thought of it that way. I guess it just feels weird playing brawl again for me is because they changed sonic so much in Project M. his homing attack and his downward drive are faster than they are in brawl.
Yoshi/Gannon/Ike main here

Pretty hype for the big house 4 tourney I hope to see some expert play from both amsa and kage. For those that play the dolphin emulation version, theres a really cool site that functions as a matchmaker + chatroom
http://ladder.anthrzy.com/
Does anybody here have netplay? And Ingulit I love L cancelling, but I do understand what u mean. And humble blader, bro if u are going to big house let's meet up and play some friendlies!