Super Smash Bros. 4 General Discussion

Any voted on the Super Smash Bros Fighter Ballot?
I voted for Mr. Resetti because it would be interesting to play as him.
He was an assist in Brawl, but they made him a regular trophy in 4. Unhappy
(Jun. 04, 2015  6:21 AM)WhirlyTheBlader Wrote: Any voted on the Super Smash Bros Fighter Ballot?
I voted for Mr. Resetti because it would be interesting to play as him.
He was an assist in Brawl, but they made him a regular trophy in 4. Unhappy

A better question is, how many characters did you vote for? I made my votes on two separate computers. While I think that there would be no way of nintendo knowing if I voted for multiple characters, I like to secure my slight paranoia.

Anyways, I voted for these two characters:

Shantae (she's a popular one):
-part of a game series named after her
- I imagine the hair whip and the use of different tools that carry from her games.

Prince Fluff:
-from Kirby's epic yarn
- I imagine him being an even lighter and floatier kirby, with a moveset that focuses on his yarn whip and different transformation.
(May. 31, 2015  1:56 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Hence my fanservice avatar, I'm a true Lucina mainer. I've tried to main Marth a week ago, it's like controlling Killing Edge from the Fire Emblem series without critical hits. Marth seems a little slower to me, but as you could see from the sword trails, Lucina's is a full trail, whereas Marth's is a fade-in. And comboing with both is fun, I made one of my friends quit the match due to my air combo. Too bad I can't find me a Marth Amiibo, then again II have Lucina, time to teach it to counter everything.

I'm a Marth Secondary and I have to say Lucina is an inferior clone.
She looks cool though (:
(Jun. 05, 2015  5:43 AM)Neo Wrote:
(May. 31, 2015  1:56 AM)OwnageDerp Wrote: Hence my fanservice avatar, I'm a true Lucina mainer. I've tried to main Marth a week ago, it's like controlling Killing Edge from the Fire Emblem series without critical hits. Marth seems a little slower to me, but as you could see from the sword trails, Lucina's is a full trail, whereas Marth's is a fade-in. And comboing with both is fun, I made one of my friends quit the match due to my air combo. Too bad I can't find me a Marth Amiibo, then again II have Lucina, time to teach it to counter everything.

She looks cool though (:

I main Lucina the right way, I guess. I don't find her inferior, but to each his own.
Meh, to be honest I wish I could find a girl who looks like her. No creepy intended, I must say that Lucina is my favorite female video game character, in terms of looks and playing style.

She looks cool though (:

Lucina has her perks. Eliminating the need for tippers (especially with the d-air) makes her play a lot faster than Marth when used properly, and gives her more mix-up options. She has a ton of options out of shield, and can still play the spacing game that Marth plays. (You just won't get rewarded more than just being out of range for most characters.) She uses the d-tilt poke much better than Marth, in my honest opinion.
(Jun. 07, 2015  7:07 AM)Temporal Wrote:

She looks cool though (:

Lucina has her perks. Eliminating the need for tippers (especially with the d-air) makes her play a lot faster than Marth when used properly, and gives her more mix-up options. She has a ton of options out of shield, and can still play the spacing game that Marth plays. (You just won't get rewarded more than just being out of range for most characters.) She uses the d-tilt poke much better than Marth, in my honest opinion.

Yeah, I hate the Killing Edge sword effect on Marth, actually. You explained partly why I main her over Marth, congrats lol.
Roy Ryu and Lucas tomorrow, if you haven't seen the leaks, yet.
Lucas is awesome, I welcome him back to my mains. Roy is pretty good, he seems like an OP Lucina to me. Ryu, I don't know. He's kinda hard to use, but great nonetheless.
Roy has a few moves left from Melee, which is good. I wouldn't want him Completely different. His new moves are basically everything we wanted.
They're treating him very well and the haters are at a loss of words, except for "I don't care about Roy". I dig the mix of Awakening and original/Melee Designs. Beyond happy he still has the Sealed Sword.

Lucas is damn OP and I hate fighting him, but he is a character I like from Mother 3 and actually gives hope for Snake and Wolf. Wolf is definately the next character.

Ah, and Ryu. Cool idea. Executed perfectly. He's going to be so good that basically #1 Tier lister would be Ryu.
Great, Now i gotta hear EpicLibra7 ramble about Roy...

Seriously though, Roy looks very good, I say a buff from Melee. Not best overall, but a buff nonetheless. Similar to Lucina, but better in a way.

Lucas has a lot of popularity backing him, and the moves continue to make him better than Ness (if not more so in 4 than Brawl, where he was also better).

Ryu kind of disappointed me. Not really what I expected from him. Then again, I never played Street Fighter...

As Neo said, I have hope for Wolf and Snake, but mainly Wolf. He was 2nd in my top characters for Brawl. They could keep him all the same and I'd be satisfied.
Never cared for Lucas. Not familiar with Ryu, but I guess I'll try him out. Roy looks promising, he's the one that excites me most. But between Splatoon and Destiny(too highly addictive games) I can barely find the time to play this as much as I'd like Uncertain
(Jun. 15, 2015  9:02 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: Great, Now i gotta hear EpicLibra7 ramble about Roy...

Seriously though, Roy looks very good, I say a buff from Melee. Not best overall, but a buff nonetheless. Similar to Lucina, but better in a way.

Lucas has a lot of popularity backing him, and the moves continue to make him better than Ness (if not more so in 4 than Brawl, where he was also better).

Ryu kind of disappointed me. Not really what I expected from him. Then again, I never played Street Fighter...

As Neo said, I have hope for Wolf and Snake, but mainly Wolf. He was 2nd in my top characters for Brawl. They could keep him all the same and I'd be satisfied.

Lucina is a Marth Clone.
Roy was a Marth Clone. (although I'd argue companion clones/ a semi-clone)

Roy now is nothing or barely like Marth or Lucina.
The only moves he shares are Neutral Air, Down Smash/Jab and the grabs.
And that's it. Not only does his blade do more then Lucina, but it's still stronger at the base, AND T3H PH1R3z.

He's definitely improved with moveset, and his design got an overhaul connecting Awakenings Redesign and the old Melee one. (call it Melee because his cape should be Blue, not Purple) I'm glad they used his Sealed Sword, as well.
I have some Amiibo: if I use my Mario Super smash bros amiibo, what will do Mario?
(Oct. 18, 2017  4:29 PM)Contacter Wrote: I have some Amiibo: if I use my Mario Super smash bros amiibo, what will do Mario?

At lvl 1 Mario will do some random things but as you play with it more it learns patterns and gets better and better. At lvl 50 (MAX) your AMIBO will have picked up your habits and probably be better than you XD
(Oct. 18, 2017  5:06 PM)Mage Wrote:
(Oct. 18, 2017  4:29 PM)Contacter Wrote: I have some Amiibo: if I use my Mario Super smash bros amiibo, what will do Mario?

At lvl 1 Mario will do some random things but as you play with it more it learns patterns and gets better and better. At lvl 50 (MAX) your AMIBO will have picked up your habits and probably be better than you XD

Thanks for the information.
i main toon link in 3ds anyone want to fite>?