Summers Eve Showdown [London, UK 30/04/11] - Regents Park at the Bandstand

on
Hosted by
  Blitz
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

The Tournament is now over.

Videos -
Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaUseVW3oQ8
Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuBF2KG57...re=related

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the late notice but It's that time again with a new location and no limit!

Specific info:

When: 30th of April at 11.30am until it finishes. (Be there for 11:30!)

Directions to the bandstand:
If you don't know this by now you can find the directions here -
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-March-of...ark--28221

Map of the Park -
http://www.royalparks.gov.uk/The-Regents-Park.aspx

Tournament Format: Double Elimination - (Event Guide - http://worldbeyblade.org/eventguide.pdf )
(Due to having so many people turning up to the UK events we now have to use this format as battles take a long time to process and tournaments take far too long)

This is the WBO Standard format rule book(READ IT) - http://worldbeyblade.org/standardrules.pdf

Prices:
The regular price is £3
Or free If you have purchased a Blader Passport.
Which is available to buy on the day for £6

Remember if a parent/s is bringing you to the tournament to let them know that the times may vary! If you are only able to stay till a certain time, it's best that you only take part in the free battles!

Confirmed Attendees -
  • Blitz
  • LeeDraciel
  • Control_
  • Beyjun
  • Merker
  • BladeStorm
  • ThePokeBlader
  • Madmuppet98
  • Vamp69
  • Hell Kid
  • Aron101
  • Tormented
  • BeyHyperKiller
  • UltraBlader
  • Raijin
  • ManicBen
  • TheChosen1
  • Bey-Reaper
  • KillerGeminos
  • Blader5691
  • smg4life01
  • Digi-Blader
  • Saint
  • Hasan125
  • Jamie Thunder
  • theblader2011
  • -Ksb-Uchiha-
  • Blazing Dragon
  • Ahmed
  • Mephiles Dark
  • Golden Blade
  • Cappricorne
  • Repza
  • 1turk1
  • Blade King1
  • Leolon122
  • Attax 1786
  • Tarik125
  • Rentao
  • Zero
  • Small
  • Killerxd

Unconfirmed Attendees -
  • Cyber Kerberous
  • ♥
  • AdamStrike
  • Ultimate Zero
  • RAW
  • RevertedtoZero
  • Eclipse
  • a.k.a Jake

Also let us know if your able to bring a TakaraTomy/SonoKong Attack Stadium.
  • ♥ x1 (maybe)
  • ManicBen x1
  • Control_ x2
  • ThePokeBlader x1
  • Blader5691 x1

Sellers Thread: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Summers-...d-30-04-11

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(May. 02, 2011  11:24 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: The way you say that makes me sound really bad. I was only three rounds away from the finals. If I had won those I would have been in the finals... Also it was only three because Beyjun was so good that he hasn't lost yet up till then so you needed to beat him twice to knock him out. Hell Kerbecs BD145RF is a good attack combo. I only lost two rounds the whole time. That was partially luck/stupidity. The first match I lost was wierd. I never would have guessed the Basalt ____ AD145RS would be able to counter my Hell Kerbecs attack combo so well. Maybe I messed up my sliding shoot but damn Beyjun crushed me with that combo. Also if i'd switched to a defence combo when playing control I probably would have won that match and gone on play Beyjun. Oh well my beypoints should still get a nice boost from how well I did.

But 3 rounds is a long way! I hate to make people sound bad, so sorry for that.

Then again, as Bladestorm said, you get more rounds in the losers bracket just because you do, but Beyjun was closer to the finals than you Tongue_out
Overall i'm pretty happy though. Did much better than I normally do with Stamina so I think i'm gonna use an attack now. Although I have to learn not to use the same type because I become too predictable. That's part of the reason why Control beat me. And I guess he's more skillful than me with attack types shown by his posts on this thread.
(May. 02, 2011  11:35 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: Overall i'm pretty happy though. Did much better than I normally do with Stamina so I think i'm gonna use an attack now. Although I have to learn not to use the same type because I become too predictable. That's part of the reason why Control beat me. And I guess he's more skillful than me with attack types shown by his posts on this thread.

My advice, keep 3-4 great combos of each category at the ready, that way you can interchange easily without your opponent knowing your strategy.

I use my tin of maximuma beyaspirit, I usually confuse who I'm battling Tongue_out
I'm not very comfortable launching a sliding shoot with the 180 degree set up. As you can imagine the grip-holding hand thrusting forward is advantages and I stupidly didn't switch back to 90 degrees. RF was mint...

I'll learn from this mistake, use the launcher setup wisely ect.

Boy oh boy did Hell Kid and Ultrablader kick me around. The MLD's/Hell BD145RF's were killing me.
Ita near Impossible Right? Maybe I'm just too used to 90 degree....

You guys should be so Grateful you have like 2 Tourneys a Month.... Melbourne *sigh*
I don't think anyone's showing ungrateful signs at all... Why would you say that? We are very grateful, I find we have too many but it's down to preference.
I think we are very grateful; we've gifted faces to the hosts and the ocassional bottle of wine Tongue_out, Not to mention the thanks and applause they receive both on the WBO and in person.
He never said we were un grateful maybe we just don't show we are grateful. We are too use to the amount of tournaments so we don't really take it into much consideration these days but we have fun.

We just tend to not say it every time because then it wont really mean anything.
Hehe I should start organising events for the wine Confused

But yes, we are extremely grateful for the number of tourneys organised here in the UK
Riffling through the beypoints system quickly, I've noticed some errors.

golden blade is the participant, not "golden blader"
Hell Kid is the participant, not "hellkid"
Consequently, ControL_'s block is incorrect.

I've played 6 matches in total, not 5.
saint has 1 loss in double elimination, the other loss was against myself but isn't on the system.
The missing match was mine and saint's first match.
Consequently, Blitz's block is incorrect.

The chronological order of the last 2 matches in the finals is incorrect, it should be the other way round.